LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Jerry Rice wants to be around 9ers more

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great now he can work with Michael Crabtree's route running full time......thank God.
Just give him an office with a giant billboard of his stats and the 2nd place players stats hanging behind his chair. Viewing that alone should improve our WR's.
All due respect to the greatest WR to ever walk the planet, but I think assuming he could coach is a bit of a reach. I mean let's look waaaaay back in the past to see one Mike Singletary doing a bang-up job.
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
All due respect to the greatest WR to ever walk the planet, but I think assuming he could coach is a bit of a reach. I mean let's look waaaaay back in the past to see one Mike Singletary doing a bang-up job.

He did a fine job with Jackson.
Originally posted by Joecool:

True, he tutored him some. However, coaches have to be teachers, day in and day out. I've heard Jerry in interviews and stuff and he's a personable guy but doesn't come across as the best communicator.
Originally posted by Joecool:

True, he tutored him some. However, coaches have to be teachers, day in and day out. I've heard Jerry in interviews and stuff and he's a personable guy but doesn't come across as the best communicator.

No harm in bringing Jerry in as an asst. WR coach...he would be more of a mentor than an x's and o's kind of guy, but some of our guys need that (ahem...crabtree, I'm looking in your direction). Maybe after Crabtree gets hit in the head with a few bricks and sees a man 20-some years older outwork him, it'll finally sink in...talent alone won't get you where you need to be.

bg
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Great now he can work with Michael Crabtree's route running full time......thank God.

Hell get Crabtree to got to training camp.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Hell get Crabtree to got to training camp.

Maybe, barring some kind of "neck injury"
I'd love for Jerry to be around Crabtree more. I'd love to see him do for Crabs what he did for Terrell Owens.

Singletary was and is a great LB's coach, however he is a terrible coach.

Hire him as our WR coach.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I'd like to have jerry coach for us, I think he would becomes the hardest working coach the minute he's highered.
that.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Rice is excited that new coach Jim Harbaugh plans to reinstitute the West Coast offense. As for whether wide receiver Michael Crabtree can succeed in that system anywhere near the way Rice did, an accomplished tutor is available. But Rice is unsure if his help is wanted.

"He maybe took offense to things I said about him holding out (as a rookie)," Rice said of Crabtree. "Just say we haven't bonded. If you want me to work with you, I don't have a problem."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_17577902

NinerGM, funny as hell brotha, because i just posted this in the other Crabtree thread and didnt even discover this one until now.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Rice is excited that new coach Jim Harbaugh plans to reinstitute the West Coast offense. As for whether wide receiver Michael Crabtree can succeed in that system anywhere near the way Rice did, an accomplished tutor is available. But Rice is unsure if his help is wanted.

"He maybe took offense to things I said about him holding out (as a rookie)," Rice said of Crabtree. "Just say we haven't bonded. If you want me to work with you, I don't have a problem."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_17577902

besides learning the system from Rice, Crabs should talk to him to learn the work ethic. I hope he smarts up and asks.

"Make it so."
Share 49ersWebzone