not yet
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
LOL, He is a FA

not yet

and he said he spoke to him all season.
Never knew about that Lions tampering charge. Still seems like a pipe dream but go for it
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
LOL, He is a FA

not yet

and he said he spoke to him all season.

For realz? He is a FA, according to his contract he was signed through march 3.
Originally posted by Micky6:
A player talking to a former coach is not tampering in any way. A player saying that he wants to play for his former team/coach again... is not tampering in any way.

If it is during the season, and that coach is employed by one of your 31 opponents, I would think it is. I do not believe that coaches or the like are allowed ANY contact with a player of an opposing team during the regular season.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Micky6:
A player talking to a former coach is not tampering in any way. A player saying that he wants to play for his former team/coach again... is not tampering in any way.

If it is during the season, and that coach is employed by one of your 31 opponents, I would think it is. I do not believe that coaches or the like are allowed ANY contact with a player of an opposing team during the regular season.

That certainly isnt true at all. Plenty of Coaches have family from different teams. "You" cant have Christmas dinner with that guy"?

No way.
Well it looks like in this case there could be some issues. Due to the current extension on the CBA, I do not believe the league year has technically ended, meaning Westbrook is still a Niner until it does.

Quote:
Public/Private Statements. Any public or private statement of interest,
qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or
representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of this AntiTampering Policy. (Example of a prohibited comment: “He’s an excellent
player, and we’d very much like to have him if he were available, but another
club holds his rights.”) All clubs should be aware that improper disclosure of
confidential trade discussions with another club may be a violation of this
section on prohibited public statements.

Quote:
Contact by Player. If a club is contacted by a player (or his representative)
who is under contract to or whose negotiating rights are held by another club,
and such player had not been given permission to deal with other clubs, or
such player is not in a permissible negotiating period under the terms of an
operative collective bargaining agreement
, then the contacted club is
prohibited from talking or otherwise dealing with the player or his
representative, and the contacted club must immediately report such contact
to the owner or operating head of the club which holds the player’s rights.

Currently the agreement is that there is a freeze in player status and no business is to be conducted, in other words we are "not in a permissible negotiating period under the terms of an operative collective bargaining agreement"
Matt Maiocco:

Westbrook's one-year 49ers contract expired last week. He prohibited from speaking with other NFL clubs about employment. Technically, the 49ers could have grounds for filing tampering charges. On this subject, the 49ers have "no comment," a team spokesman said.

The NFL also issued a "no comment" on the matter.

Link
[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Mar 7, 2011 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Matt Maiocco:

Westbrook's one-year 49ers contract expired last week. He prohibited from speaking with other NFL clubs about employment. Technically, the 49ers could have grounds for filing tampering charges. On this subject, the 49ers have "no comment," a team spokesman said.

The NFL also issued a "no comment" on the matter.

Link

Thats all that matters imo.

Should've resigned Westbrook & offered a trade for Kolb. Haha.
Eff Westbrook and any player that doesn't want to play for the niners.
If the 49ers couldn't get a draft pick out of the Denver Broncos for videotaping it's unlikely that they'll get anything from Andy Reid. The Bears received a 4th rounder over he said, she said some years back.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If the 49ers couldn't get a draft pick out of the Denver Broncos for videotaping it's unlikely that they'll get anything from Andy Reid. The Bears received a 4th rounder over he said, she said some years back.

i think the bears got our 5th and we flipped 3rd rounders if i remember correctly, could be wrong though
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Lol, if the Eagles are subject to tampering charges Westbrook can kiss his chances of playing for them goodbye.

Hahaaha
Share 49ersWebzone