There are 188 users in the forums

Eagles Tampering against us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
mattbarrows

Hello, extra draft pick? @Eric_Branch Bye-bye, Brian? @ProFootballTalk: Brian Westbrook talks to Andy Reid regularly http://wp.me/p14QSB-u2T

“I talk to coach Reid every week or so,” Westbrook told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. “We always talk, and I would love to be back in Philly. So we’ll see how things go. I think I can help out. I think they have a very good group of young guys on this team at every position, but I still think I can help this team win.”

There are a few odd things about those comments. The first is that Westbrook has apparently been talking to Reid regularly while under contract to the 49ers. It wouldn’t be surprising if the 49ers, who were busted for tampering with Lance Briggs in 2008, ask the league office what Reid is doing talking to one of their players.
yes fat andy give us another pick
The NFL loves the Eagles so there won't be an investigation
So where is the tampering?
Tamperon
  • evil
  • Veteran
Just give us Kevin Kolb and let's call it a day.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Just give us Kevin Kolb and let's call it a day.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
So where is the tampering?

as long as the Eagles are not dumb enough to say they'd like to have westbrook too, then I agree, probably not tampering.
A player talking to a former coach is not tampering in any way. A player saying that he wants to play for his former team/coach again... is not tampering in any way.
Who's tamponing?

• Hctr
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Who's tamponing?

Last month, the NFL found the Lions guilty of tampering. The league took away Detroit's seventh-round draft pick and required them to swap fifth-round picks with the Chiefs. The case was based on comments by Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham, formerly the defensive coordinator in Kansas City, who said he'd like to acquire some of the Chiefs' players because he was familiar with them. The league also said the Lions had impermissible contact with an unidentified player or his agent

-- Matt Barrows

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/westbrook-pines.html#ixzz1FwAQDu00

So there could be actually tampering against Reid
The NFL loves the Eagles and has hated the 9ers since the fiasco with DeBartolo.... We wouldnt get anything even if there was obvious tampering. So many people broke the rules with the Crabtree contract dispute and nothing happened. Deion still works for the NFL.
Originally posted by Hctr:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Who's tamponing?

Last month, the NFL found the Lions guilty of tampering. The league took away Detroit's seventh-round draft pick and required them to swap fifth-round picks with the Chiefs. The case was based on comments by Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham, formerly the defensive coordinator in Kansas City, who said he'd like to acquire some of the Chiefs' players because he was familiar with them. The league also said the Lions had impermissible contact with an unidentified player or his agent

-- Matt Barrows

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/westbrook-pines.html#ixzz1FwAQDu00

So there could be actually tampering against Reid

I didn't think much would happen with this Reid and Westbrook incident. But when you reminded me of the Lions/Chiefs situation not long ago, we may have a tampering case of our own to file. I hope it does happen and gets looked into further.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Tampering WITH us.
I thought and still think the tampering case in detroit/kc goes to show that it's gotten a little too stringent but i still wouldn't say no to an extra pick or two.
Share 49ersWebzone