There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niner Players that frustrate us

i think Alex Smith pounded this dudes chick... what he doesnt realize is that it was Steve Blake who did it... get mad at him..
Chilo
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
What other qb in history has been given 7 YEARS to prove himself?

Jim Plunkett, George Blanda, Steve Young...

Plunket was only given 5 years in NE before he was gone...5 NE, 1 SF, 2 Oakland before starting.In Blanda's first 7 years he was used much more as a kicker than a QB... In fact he retired in the late 1950's because he was only being used as a kicker back then...Not true, worked his way up to starting QB in Chi then was injured (sort of like another QB we know), then used as a kicker due to injury, left to play elsewhere to play QB, finally made it to Oakland.Steve, was traded after 2 years in TB and immediately provided results for us. His first 5 years with SF he had PR of 120.8, 72.2, 120.8, 92.6, 101.8 respectively..No, played for USFL 1 Yr, TB 2 Yrs, and he was an understudy to Montana until 1990. 1984-1990 = 7 Yrs.

See comments in bold that have been added. These are some of my favorite QBs but they had to work hard to become legendary. Plunkett and Young are lucky to have survived their early periods, being blasted often on poor teams. Blanda had to overcome his value as a kicker and injuries.

Edit: Won't try to insert bold into other posts after this...not very clear.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 25, 2011 at 8:37 AM ]

Plunket was only given 5 years in NE before he was gone...5 NE, 1 SF, 2 Oakland before starting.In Blanda's first 7 years he was used much more as a kicker than a QB... In fact he retired in the late 1950's because he was only being used as a kicker back then...Not true, worked his way up to starting QB in Chi then was injured (sort of like another QB we know), then used as a kicker due to injury, left to play elsewhere to play QB, finally made it to Oakland.Steve, was traded after 2 years in TB and immediately provided results for us. His first 5 years with SF he had PR of 120.8, 72.2, 120.8, 92.6, 101.8 respectively..No, played for USFL 1 Yr, TB 2 Yrs, and he was an understudy to Montana until 1990. 1984-1990 = 7 Yrs.

See comments in bold that have been added. These are some of my favorite QBs but they had to work hard to become legendary. Plunkett and Young are lucky to have survived their early periods, being blasted often on poor teams. Blanda had to overcome his value as a kicker and injuries.

So you're saying Alex has a 1 in 1000 shot at turning his career around?
Originally posted by JayBee:

So you're saying Alex has a 1 in 1000 shot at turning his career around?

My post was clear as to the message, just won't use bold in another members post after this.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 25, 2011 at 8:46 AM ]
Parys Haralson i'm still bitter about him being outran by mcnabb in 2009.
Originally posted by Faceless:
Not a poll. Simply write which players piss you off and why. The players I'm picking might be considered good players by some of you, but ill write why they piss me off.
---Youll notice who I wont start with (cause hes not worthy)

Moran Norris -- for god sakes make a catch, a block consistantly... be aggressive... make a one yard touchdown or first down.

Delanie waker - I like you as a player, but damn take care of the football. You seem to fumble all the time, even if it isnt an official fumble the ball seems to cause the ball to come out or hell even the wind makes the ball come out of his hands, im always nervous when he has the ball.

Chilo Rachal - hes like a total girl on one play than he wants to throw a sick block the next, but he seems to be more of a 80-20 percentage towards the total girl.

Anythony Davis - He got better as the year went on and will be a good player, but damn for a second there i thought kwame harris took his uniform and went out there.

Frank Gore - Come off the field sometimes damn!! sometimes too much frank gore is not the answer... you seem to break big hit tackles but fall easily when they touch your feet.... get quicker... are your knees that f**ked up!?

Josh Morgan - Stop complaining soo damn much. Stop smiling when your on the sidelines your one busted hurt ass dude.

Issac Soap- Do something s**thead.

nate clements - cover anyone.... your great at run support which is why u should be a safety but you cant cover to save your life

Dashon goldsten- man u piss me off... WRAP UP PLS DONT GET BURNT... DONT LET RECEIVERS PASS YOU.... HELP NATE ALL THE TIME

Reggie smith - ur horrible and soft.

Taylor Mays - I like u as a player, why cant u get on the damn field over the bums ahead of u.

Manny Lawson - Get sacks... ur ok at run stopping... but cant get to the quarterback for s**t.

Parys Haralson - you had one good year like 3 years ago... now go away thanks for nothing.

Alex f**king smith - I hate your stinking guts... you make me vomit.... you made me feel like J.T O'Sullivan, Shaun Hill, and Troy Smith were major upgrades compared to u... your a virus... your pace of the game is worse than snail pace... you roll to the right and throw it to the sidelines... and they are NOT IN THE GAME SO IT WONT COUNT DONT U GET THAT. you throw it short... you throw it high... you seem to miss easy targets... stop checking down... i hate you and ive never met you... thats deep... its just a game but ur bad at it... do us a favor and quit... if your soo smart use that to go get a better job and stop stressing millions of niner fans the f**k out.

k those are the ones that piss me off. im done now.

I agree with all this.........
Originally posted by susweel:
Not a poll. Simply write which players piss you off and why. The players I'm picking might be considered good players by some of you, but ill write why they piss me off.

Moran Norris -- for god sakes make a catch, a block consistantly... be aggressive... make a one yard touchdown or first down.

Delanie waker - I like you as a player, but damn take care of the football. You seem to fumble all the time, even if it isnt an official fumble the ball seems to cause the ball to come out or hell even the wind makes the ball come out of his hands, im always nervous when he has the ball.

Chilo Rachal - hes like a total girl on one play than he wants to throw a sick block the next, but he seems to be more of a 80-20 percentage towards the total girl.

Anythony Davis - He got better as the year went on and will be a good player, but damn for a second there i thought kwame harris took his uniform and went out there.

Frank Gore - Come off the field sometimes damn!! sometimes too much frank gore is not the answer... you seem to break big hit tackles but fall easily when they touch your feet.... get quicker... are your knees that f**ked up!?

Josh Morgan - Stop complaining soo damn much. Stop smiling when your on the sidelines your one busted hurt ass dude.

nate clements - cover anyone.... your great at run support which is why u should be a safety but you cant cover to save your life

Dashon goldsten- man u piss me off... WRAP UP PLS DONT GET BURNT... DONT LET RECEIVERS PASS YOU.... HELP NATE ALL THE TIME

Taylor Mays - I like u as a player, why cant u get on the damn field over the bums ahead of u.

Manny Lawson - Get sacks... ur ok at run stopping... but cant get to the quarterback for s**t.

Parys Haralson - you had one good year like 3 years ago... now go away thanks for nothing.

Alex f**king smith - I hate your stinking guts... you make me vomit.... you made me feel like J.T O'Sullivan, Shaun Hill, and Troy Smith were major upgrades compared to u... your a virus... your pace of the game is worse than snail pace... you roll to the right and throw it to the sidelines... and they are NOT IN THE GAME SO IT WONT COUNT DONT U GET THAT. you throw it short... you throw it high... you seem to miss easy targets... stop checking down... i hate you and ive never met you... thats deep... its just a game but ur bad at it... do us a favor and quit... if your soo smart use that to go get a better job and stop stressing millions of niner fans the f**k out.

x2

You seem to be missing the point here brother. No team gives a QB seven years to prove he is serviceable. NO TEAM. The three players you named are clear examples of players who revived their careers after failing with their original teams. Teams move on after a few years of horrible QB play. Why the 49ers think that 6 years isnt enough to evaluate a QB is beyond me. Even the Raiders are smarter than that.
i dont feel morgan complains alot!

clements frustrates me the most though!
1) Parys Harralson - Been the weak link since his extension
2) Chilo Rachal - Just doesn't seem to get it

Those are the two that really chap my a**
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by susweel:

x2

I agree except the Soap part. He's been pretty good for us the last 2 years.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
i think Alex Smith pounded this dudes chick... what he doesnt realize is that it was Steve Blake who did it... get mad at him..

lol
Boy he should try out for the Niners.
Dashon "The Hawk" Goldson