LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
sick of the brother angle already.

Me too. It was cool at first right after the Ravens won to know they both would be VS each other at the SB, and the next day or two was alright with all the media coverage and stories about it, but right now I wish ppl would just stop talking about it and actually focus on our matchup with the Ravens; not against their HC.

And I don't believe for a minute that Jim nor John will let up. If either one of them has a chance to go up by 3 or 4 TD's with 5 mins remaining, they"ll do it. Once the game starts, they will forget they are facing each other and totally focus on what's going on in the game.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Crow-Magnon:
I don't care what anyone says, even them, but if one team is up by 14 points or so with 6:59 left and they have a chance to score another 7 and put the nail in the coffin, one of the Harbaughs is most likely going to think about how losing by 21 or more points in a SB is embarrassing and will that influence, even slightly, any decision they make?

This ain't a regular season game on Thanksgiving. I realize the NFL is a business, but would you want to humiliate your brother by blowing his team out by 21, 24 or 28 points on a worldwide stage?

Both Jim and John are facing stresses no other NFL head coaches have ever faced before. Gotta be tough.

I thought about that type of scenario as well, I only hope that Jim will pour it on to seal the victory

our Harbaugh is the little bro. he'll pile it on for all the noogies and big brothers glory he had to endure as a child lol. plus our harbaugh is a douchebag, john seems like a nice guy lol

our Harbaugh is a genius, John is just a really good coach.

ok ray fatto

Fatto was sick of it before it even started, even right the game
our Harbaugh is the little bro. he'll pile it on for all the noogies and big brothers glory he had to endure as a child lol. plus our harbaugh is a douchebag, john seems like a nice guy lol

this made me lol so hard
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

ok ray fatto

i am sick of espn harping on the thanksgiving day game and how sooo much different the ravens are
That is cool!
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by Crow-Magnon:
I don't care what anyone says, even them, but if one team is up by 14 points or so with 6:59 left and they have a chance to score another 7 and put the nail in the coffin, one of the Harbaughs is most likely going to think about how losing by 21 or more points in a SB is embarrassing and will that influence, even slightly, any decision they make?

This ain't a regular season game on Thanksgiving. I realize the NFL is a business, but would you want to humiliate your brother by blowing his team out by 21, 24 or 28 points on a worldwide stage?

Both Jim and John are facing stresses no other NFL head coaches have ever faced before. Gotta be tough.

I thought about that type of scenario as well, I only hope that Jim will pour it on to seal the victory

our Harbaugh is a genius, John is just a really good coach.

I honestly think Jim might be an autistic savant. Or something. f**kin football rain man.

Glad he's with the 49ers
Originally posted by KaepernickFan:

Me too. It was cool at first right after the Ravens won to know they both would be VS each other at the SB, and the next day or two was alright with all the media coverage and stories about it, but right now I wish ppl would just stop talking about it and actually focus on our matchup with the Ravens; not against their HC ...

I understand, and respect both your feelings on this issue ... unfortunately, it will only get worse, before it gets better.
Better in this case, will be the actual kick-off. This week will pale-in-comparison, to what awaits us in week two, in the
run-up to the game itself.

Next week, as the Foreign Press Corps ascend on New Orleans -- to join the National Media already there -- things will
intensify 100 fold up until and inclusive of SB Media Day, held on Wednesday. The same questions which have been
asked/answered by the local media outlets of B'more, and San Francisco, will be asked over and again ... either via an
interpreter, or, in English spoken with an accent that will be hard to comprehend by most.

No one is immune to the onslaught which awaits them ... and that, will include the travelling Administrative staffs, Coaches,
and Players, from both squads. I actually feel sorry for them, because as Fans, we get to pick and choose what we want,
or don't want to listen to or read. For those whom I mentioned above, they have NO SAY in the matter ... it's part of the Gig.

As someone who's been through this process more than once, I can tell you that it is both draining and quite MADDENING
in every sense of the words to say the least. It could be worse though ... for had the Patriots won the AFCCG, the Brady -
Belichick angle and stories, would have been enough to make you seek the nearest tall building, and take that Most Fatal
Leap.

Hope that makes you feel better ... if not, I do understand
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Jan 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM ]
This will be the only time that Jim talks about the family element in the game.
how sweet.

Nice photo array!
Originally posted by pd24:
For the first time in Super Bowl history, the coaches will hold a joint press conference two days before the game.Brothers Jim and John Harbaugh are scheduled to appear together at 8:30 a.m. (5:30 a.m., PT) on Friday, Feb. 1. It'll be the last time the 49ers coach and the Baltimore Ravens coach will be available to the media prior to Super Bowl XLVII.

Knowing the NFL, this will either become a staple of SB Media Week, or it will be laid to rest ...

Originally posted by ace49ers:
This will be the only time that Jim talks about the family element in the game.

IMO, I think this interview has been added as a concession to the Harbaugh Brothers, and the Harbaugh family as a whole.
The NFL, finds itself in a very unique position ... with a situation, that may never occur again in most of our lifetimes.

Being aware of Jim and John's (expressed) feelings -- on the matter of constantly having to answer the same questions about
their family affairs since their conception(s) -- probably pushed the NFL into staging this event. As I see it, a little bit of something,
is better than a whole lot of nothing.

Maybe I'm wrong ... but what else, would have prompted such a move? This interview, serves to "kills two birds with one stone".
It takes a lot of the pressure off Jim and John, while giving the NFL, an event that should satisfy the Media Corps attending SB XLVII.
Nice! This is the kind of in depth reporting we need year round. Thats why i love the superbowl!!
Sharper called Harbaugh a prick after Harbaugh left the podium during his press conf tonight. The host tried to help by saying "don't you mean prickly?" but it was too late.
Share 49ersWebzone