LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
I just hope the players go out and play for Harbaugh today. I know fans want a better draft pick, but i would like to end the season on a happy note and Harbaugh has done a lot for us.
Would not be surprised if the FO was leaking the Michigan reports to force NFL teams to pony up real draft capital (win: 49ers) and real $$ (win: Harbs).
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I just hope the players go out and play for Harbaugh today. I know fans want a better draft pick, but i would like to end the season on a happy note and Harbaugh has done a lot for us.

Give me 7-9 and a shot at Amari Cooper.
It would be nice for him to be able to say he never had a losing record in a season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

7-9 wont get you a shot at Amari Cooper.

The players know when Harbaugh checked out. If he checked out early this season or when we still had a playoff chance then I suspect we're going to see the cardinals dominate this game. Players will be playing not to get hurt.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Wont matter with the current starting QB for the Niners.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

• okdkid
  • Veteran
7-9 and Jaelen Strong.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
no.
1st round or no deal.

Unfortunately the 49ers have no leverage here really. Harbaugh could always say "nah, I think I'll just stick around, so go ahead and fire me if you want" or "Nah, I'll just go to Michigan instead."
then go to michigan.
if he wants to coach another nfl team wait 5 years
or give up a 1st round draft pick period.
or he can come back and coach his final year

• dj43
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
The problem is that we have some very short sighted fans, who started actually paying attention to the team when Jim rolled around. They believe everything before Jim was crap and he was the savior of our franchise. Anyone who has been around longer than Jim Harbaugh will know that this team is dramatically different than the teams of the "dark ages"

There's no comparison between the front office now and back in 2003. Baalke is on that Parcells time in terms of continuing to build the team with one eye on the future, trying to keep the roster competitive long-term. He's not perfect but he's done a good job and hasn't been handing out stupid contracts the way Donahue did.

The Parcells comparison is worth noting. Drafting is always part risk/luck and part good scouting. With a loaded roster, I applauded the red shirt strategy. It amounted to stock piling players that were of high value when healthy but not at a position of need immediately. Gore was one of those picks and we all applaud that. Lattimore was as well but he couldn't overcome the injury. That was a gamble worth taking at the time. Carradine and Dial are now getting PT and they look like they will be solid players in the future. Thomas and the others are still in recovery but they are going to look like part of the 2015 draft class when they arrive and with a greater value than if we had to pick them while healthy. All of those were the result of looking to the future, something that every good GM must do.

In the meantime there were the Jenkins and James picks which just did not work here. I still find it hard to believe that a player as productive as James was at Oregon could not do anything here but I put part of that on Harbaugh and his unwillingness to play rookies except when forced to do so. As we all now know, offensive player development was never one of Harbaugh's strengths.

Overall I agree that Baalke has done a very good job in keeping the team stock with quality players while missing on a few picks as does every good GM around the league. Newsome in Baltimore is considered to be one of the very best and he has made some major misses.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB

Jim Harbaugh's family is flying to Ann Arbor Monday, source tells @FoxSports. Harbaugh will be #Wolverines new head coach.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

This.
Gonna miss Harbaugh and all his antics. Gonna be a fun offseason.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Gonna miss Harbaugh and all his antics. Gonna be a fun offseason.

It is?
Share 49ersWebzone