There are 299 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Needs to fire roman

No.
Originally posted by forty9ers:
so your saying he should have given up? haters come oit strong when we lose

They don't call us the "whiners" for nothing. Makes it easy to spot the band-wagon fans,they don't remember what it was like to be the laughing stock of the league. You want to talk about out-coached? Watch a game under HC Mike Singletary, or Mike Nolan. Harbaugh and his staff are 5-star.
Originally posted by dj43:
One area in which Harbaugh's ego certainly hurts the team, IMO, is his sideline behavior with the officials. His constant baiting and complaining does not help his team. Officials will do one of two things in that situation: tune him out completely, or wait for a chance to put him in his place. All a coach can ask of the officials is the benefit of the doubt in a close call. Recent calls on the field force me to question if Harbaugh is getting any consideration at all.

I have both coached a lot of games and reffed a lot of games, and though they were not at anything like this level, I can tell anyone who wants to listen, that officials are a pretty close bunch. They know which coaches are loud mouths and which ones are very measured in their comments. In the first case, the refs tune them out. In the second case, the refs know and respect the coach so when he questions a decision, they are much more willing to listen...just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

As a coach, players get distracted by constant yelling by the coach. They don't say anything publicly but they know the game well enough to know when the coach is just running his mouth and when he shouldn't. In a close competitive game, the coach MUST be the one calm voice in a storm of emotion. Harbaugh's record in challenges in one of the worst in the league. I can't help but think that if he were more composed on the sidelines he would not have wasted as many challenges and timeouts as he has.

For a guy that says he idolized Bill Walsh, to have such a lack of composure and appropriate demeanor on the sidelines makes me question if he really listened to everything Bill told him about coaching. Seems like he needs to get his ego under control and coach the game in a more considered way.

I forget; are you really Jim Harbaugh or maybe you are one of the players?
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM ]
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Whatever JH's flaws (real or perceived) are, no one can deny the fact that he brought this team back to relevance again after years of wandering in the NFL wastelands. I, for one, am happy that he is the coach of the 49ers, and I still believe that he will bring us #6.
Originally posted by ace52:
Whatever JH's flaws (real or perceived) are, no one can deny the fact that he brought this team back to relevance again after years of wandering in the NFL wastelands. I, for one, am happy that he is the coach of the 49ers, and I still believe that he will bring us #6.

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

+1
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Needs to fire roman

No.
You can't put all of this on Roman. Harbaugh is asking him to call a different game from a different offense than that of the start of the season. The offensive change is on Harbaugh his call his responsibility.
We should fire Harbaugh and sign Norv Turner to be the head coach
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Needs to fire roman

No.
You can't put all of this on Roman. Harbaugh is asking him to call a different game from a different offense than that of the start of the season. The offensive change is on Harbaugh his call his responsibility.

I agree with this. He also has veto power on play calls, and hasnt addressed the schemes that arent working over the second half of the season, so he must be on board with them. Gameplans have been aweful, and so have second half adjustments. Cant blame roman 100% without Harbaugh shareing that blame.
There seems to be a problem getting the plays into Kaep on time or he is trying to change to much at the line. I think some of the problem with the defense was they had to play 93 snaps last week and they were a little tired. There has also been times when Fangio seems like he doesn't have an answer to adjust to the other teams offense. When you ad that to the fact they never give anybody a break on the defense the whole game, you can sometimes see the defense get a little slow in the fourth quarter.

+1

Here here.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
One area in which Harbaugh's ego certainly hurts the team, IMO, is his sideline behavior with the officials. His constant baiting and complaining does not help his team. Officials will do one of two things in that situation: tune him out completely, or wait for a chance to put him in his place. All a coach can ask of the officials is the benefit of the doubt in a close call. Recent calls on the field force me to question if Harbaugh is getting any consideration at all.

I have both coached a lot of games and reffed a lot of games, and though they were not at anything like this level, I can tell anyone who wants to listen, that officials are a pretty close bunch. They know which coaches are loud mouths and which ones are very measured in their comments. In the first case, the refs tune them out. In the second case, the refs know and respect the coach so when he questions a decision, they are much more willing to listen...just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

As a coach, players get distracted by constant yelling by the coach. They don't say anything publicly but they know the game well enough to know when the coach is just running his mouth and when he shouldn't. In a close competitive game, the coach MUST be the one calm voice in a storm of emotion. Harbaugh's record in challenges in one of the worst in the league. I can't help but think that if he were more composed on the sidelines he would not have wasted as many challenges and timeouts as he has.

For a guy that says he idolized Bill Walsh, to have such a lack of composure and appropriate demeanor on the sidelines makes me question if he really listened to everything Bill told him about coaching. Seems like he needs to get his ego under control and coach the game in a more considered way.

I forget; are you really Jim Harbaugh or maybe you are one of the players?

Thank you for your contribution.
LMAO, you poor poor ppl, some of you act like its 2004 in here.
Needs to fire roman

Needs to fire Fangio more. Hey guys, don't bother covering RB's out of the backfield.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Needs to fire roman

Needs to fire Fangio more. Hey guys, don't bother covering RB's out of the backfield.

this is just one bad game by the defense, Roman has had bone headed play calling all season (maybe it was masked a little early by smith calling checking out of the original play, but with kap making less changes at the line its more evident)
Share 49ersWebzone