LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
"While it has been widely reported for weeks that the Niners will fire Harbaugh soon after Sunday's game, because of the front office's inability to get along with the fiery if highly successful coach, it now appears Michigan has bought out (or will buy out) Harbaugh from the last year of his contract with the NFL club."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/27/jim-harbaugh-to-michigan-99-likely-reports-say
Anyone questioning the wonderlic test. It does not mean much if the player refuses to do what's necessary to get better each practice, each game and each season. I was simply responding to someone who claimed Kaepernick did not have a brain. I believe Colin is coachable because he does have a brain. Whether he chooses to use his brain to help him succeed is all on him. The way I see it, there are only 2 things a QB can not be taught. He can not be taught arm strength and he can't be taught intelligence. Our QB has both of those attributes and more. He just needs a competent coaching staff to guide him in the right direction.
Originally posted by buck:
The test did not relate to Frank.

The test is inanimate. It cannot relate to anyone.

The evil grammarian strikes again!
i didnt follow this guy at stanford. what was he like? how was the departure? similar to this or much much different?
Maybe Harbaugh's message wears thin after a few years and getting new players every 3 or 4 years keeps the message fresh. Will there be enough juice in the college game for Harbaugh? My guess is no.
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
This fan base is truly ungrateful to a man who brought this team to levels of success that we hadn't seen in a decade. It's ridiclous. Harbaugh didn't do his best job this year but idk who would have with all the injuries and distractions this team had to face. All I known is that I'm 19 and I got to see my first Super Bowl with the Niners with him at the helm. I'll forever be grateful to coach Harbaugh. My only regret is that we didn't win a title, but regardless I wish him the best at Michigan and this is coming from a Notre Dame fan.

With that said, let's hope Baalke can hire the right guy that can win us a title.

No offense bro but I think the satement about your age says it all. I get why you are attached to Harbaugh. A lot of us older folks have seen a great coach leave and be replaced by another great coach. You have only seen mistake replaced by another mistake until Harbaiugh got here. Harbaugh is the first 49er coach to lose a Superbowl. Think about that. I don't believe the Fanbase is ungrateful but they have seen better and believe this team can accomplish alot !more once a new offensive system in place. IMO Jim brought this upon himself as he refused to do what is best for the team and fire some assistants. I have. Incidence inBaalke making the right hire.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
This fan base is truly ungrateful to a man who brought this team to levels of success that we hadn't seen in a decade. It's ridiclous. Harbaugh didn't do his best job this year but idk who would have with all the injuries and distractions this team had to face. All I known is that I'm 19 and I got to see my first Super Bowl with the Niners with him at the helm. I'll forever be grateful to coach Harbaugh. My only regret is that we didn't win a title, but regardless I wish him the best at Michigan and this is coming from a Notre Dame fan.

With that said, let's hope Baalke can hire the right guy that can win us a title.

No offense bro but I think the satement about your age says it all. I get why you are attached to Harbaugh. A lot of us older folks have seen a great coach leave and be replaced by another great coach. You have only seen mistake replaced by another mistake until Harbaiugh got here. Harbaugh is the first 49er coach to lose a Superbowl. Think about that. I don't believe the Fanbase is ungrateful but they have seen better and believe this team can accomplish alot !more once a new offensive system in place. IMO Jim brought this upon himself as he refused to do what is best for the team and fire some assistants. I have. Incidence inBaalke making the right hire.

No offense taken by us younger fans, but you have to look at our side of the story. We haven't been that Super Bowl dynasty team that you guys got to witness in 20 years . For a full decade we got to grow up watching s**tty coaches after s**tty coaches. Harbaugh created us into winners, and I believe he's capable of winning a SB with this team. Dynasties seem to be tougher to come by nowadays (ask Belicheck and Brady - probably the best coach/qb duo in the league, even they haven't won a SB in 10 years!)

Growing up in the dark era as a younger fan, how do you even fathom we can trust the FO one bit, and assume they'll make a great era? From Erickson to Nolan (who was decent) to Singletary and losing season after losing season. Harbaugh comes in and magically gives us 3 great seasons, obviously we're going to fall in love with the guy. I hope you're right that we can still accomplish a lot more, but I truly believe we should be giving that chance to accomplish more to Harbaugh, especially seeing as the JSmith's, Gore's and Willis' of this team may not be here any longer.
Since its Jim's last game with us Tommorow i thought i'd give him his gift early before he takes his final exist. Thanks Jimbo 4 leaving us with these fond memories the faithful will NEVER forget them........

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
No offense taken by us younger fans, but you have to look at our side of the story. We haven't been that Super Bowl dynasty team that you guys got to witness in 20 years . For a full decade we got to grow up watching s**tty coaches after s**tty coaches. Harbaugh created us into winners, and I believe he's capable of winning a SB with this team. Dynasties seem to be tougher to come by nowadays (ask Belicheck and Brady - probably the best coach/qb duo in the league, even they haven't won a SB in 10 years!)

Growing up in the dark era as a younger fan, how do you even fathom we can trust the FO one bit, and assume they'll make a great era? From Erickson to Nolan (who was decent) to Singletary and losing season after losing season. Harbaugh comes in and magically gives us 3 great seasons, obviously we're going to fall in love with the guy. I hope you're right that we can still accomplish a lot more, but I truly believe we should be giving that chance to accomplish more to Harbaugh, especially seeing as the JSmith's, Gore's and Willis' of this team may not be here any longer.

Not after he quit on us mid season. He has no respect from our players now
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Anyone questioning the wonderlic test. It does not mean much if the player refuses to do what's necessary to get better each practice, each game and each season. I was simply responding to someone who claimed Kaepernick did not have a brain. I believe Colin is coachable because he does have a brain. Whether he chooses to use his brain to help him succeed is all on him. The way I see it, there are only 2 things a QB can not be taught. He can not be taught arm strength and he can't be taught intelligence. Our QB has both of those attributes and more. He just needs a competent coaching staff to guide him in the right direction.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Show me evidence that he quit
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Since its Jim's last game with us Tommorow i thought i'd give him his gift early before he takes his final exist. Thanks Jimbo 4 leaving us with these fond memories the faithful will NEVER forget them........

All I see are two crappy receivers. I'm sure Jim will not miss them. He's already divorced himself of one. The other one is Richard Sherman's beyotch.
[ Edited by Jboobie on Dec 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM ]

Show me evidence that he quit

texting a former teammate who is coaching with cleveland browns that the band is getting back together at michigan, its reported he did this in november. even if he didnt, at a bare minimum he has had his people working behind the scenes trying to secure his next gig all the while telling the media he only talks about the job that he has. yeah sure but only when he is at a podium.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Harbaugh has long lost the locker room already. When you steer the team in the wrong direction and yet doesn't make any timely adjustments and corrective actions, this is what happens. Once a head coach crosses that threshold, is pretty much an irreversible process.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Is hard to argue with that.
Share 49ersWebzone