LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This QB swith may have doomed our season.

I think so too.
Harbaugh is too stubborn to switch back and it's gonna cost us this season.

I still think Alex is the better option right now and that Kaep isn't ready yet.

then you guys shouldn't watch the rest of the way since you know it is "doomed"
Originally posted by susweel:

I think so too.

I still think Alex is the better option right now and that Kaep isn't ready yet.

The Smither's and overreactor's will settle down when we beat the Cardinals next week.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Mister49:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Honestly, this was a perfect storm for the Seahawks. The 49ers were coming off their biggest high of the season by beating the Patriots in Foxborough. If you noticed the past 4 weeks, the #1 ranked teams all lost the next week. The Texans were ranked #1 week 13, and then week 14 the Patriots blew them out. Then the Patriots were ranked #1 after that, and the 49ers beat them. Now we were ranked #1 and the Seahawks beat us. It is a trend that keeps happening. The seahawks were playing at home where they never lose. Petey REALLY wanted a win against Harbaugh. The Seahawks wanted to clinch their spot in the playoffs after we already clinched ours. The intensity and momentum was all in the Hawks favor this week. Thank God we beat the Patriots because we would be fighting for a wildcard spot rather than a division title or #2 seed.

Finally a voice of reason!!!! You nailed it!
I'll second that! And let me add that everything went their way. It happens.

I agree the D was noticeably tired. It was the perfect storm, everything went their way. It happens, game 3 will be a different story(if needed).

I think so too.

If that's the case then why did you watch the previous 7 years?

I think so too.

Well whether doomed or not. As a true fan, you should never ever stop rooting for your team. When we had Rattay still rooted, when we drafted Rashaun we still rooted, and not talking bout me individually but us as a fan base. I'm sure because the eagles or other teams feel that their teams sucks right now, doesnt mean they stop being a fan or supporting.

I hate the eagles, just brought them up because they do suck right now. We dont we are 10-4-1. Not too shabby if i say so myself.

And I think Brian just said if we beat the Cards it will erase. Actually i think the opposite. This game was more of a true test of atomosphere, of will, of overcoming the odds, and showing that u can rise to the occasion. WE win against the sorry cards at home, whoop dee doo. Doesnt change the fact that we didnt win this game.

All im thinking now is playoff time. Next weeks game is just another stepping stone in getting there. And if u think of that game that mattered most out of the two, it was this one and our team caved.

but wait, "Harbs said, they didnt show us anything that we didnt think they were gonna do". So if that is the case, we are in for a rude awakening, when the playoffs start.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well whether doomed or not. As a true fan, you should never ever stop rooting for your team. When we had Rattay still rooted, when we drafted Rashaun we still rooted, and not talking bout me individually but us as a fan base. I'm sure because the eagles or other teams feel that their teams sucks right now, doesnt mean they stop being a fan or supporting.

I hate the eagles, just brought them up because they do suck right now. We dont we are 10-4-1. Not too shabby if i say so myself.

And I think Brian just said if we beat the Cards it will erase. Actually i think the opposite. This game was more of a true test of atomosphere, of will, of overcoming the odds, and showing that u can rise to the occasion. WE win against the sorry cards at home, whoop dee doo. Doesnt change the fact that we didnt win this game.

All im thinking now is playoff time. Next weeks game is just another stepping stone in getting there. And if u think of that game that mattered most out of the two, it was this one and our team caved.

but wait, "Harbs said, they didnt show us anything that we didnt think they were gonna do". So if that is the case, we are in for a rude awakening, when the playoffs start.

Exactly, I never said Im not rooting for Kaep to do well and that Im rooting for us to lose.
I just said I think Alex gives us a better chance to win the superbowl this year than kaep
Real classy move by Carroll to put in Matt Flynn for the kneeling ceremony at the end of the game.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Why was harbaugh so determined to risk injury to kap in the waning moments of a blowout? I understand he needs reps in live action and he has started only a handful of games, but I have a major problem with calling a qb sneak for a meaningless first down. Once again the harbaugh ego takes presedence over everything. He couldn't stand the taste of a pete carroll blowout so he risks it all for nothing. Harbaugh is starting to resemble rex ryan. So much rah rah, so much mouth, but he gets outcoached regularly and his team masks his defeciencies as a coach. It should be the other way around

I think he can't pull Kap now because if Smith comes in and throws for a few touchdowns and looks good he is screwed. He wants Kap and knows that if Smith looks better he will have a divided locker room and be blasted by the media. I think he really has painted himself in a corner and may have cost us a superbowl this year.

Ridiculous post imo.

How so?
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Why was harbaugh so determined to risk injury to kap in the waning moments of a blowout? I understand he needs reps in live action and he has started only a handful of games, but I have a major problem with calling a qb sneak for a meaningless first down. Once again the harbaugh ego takes presedence over everything. He couldn't stand the taste of a pete carroll blowout so he risks it all for nothing. Harbaugh is starting to resemble rex ryan. So much rah rah, so much mouth, but he gets outcoached regularly and his team masks his defeciencies as a coach. It should be the other way around

This has to be one of the dumbest posts ever.

• Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I love Harbaugh as a coach but he makes bad calls when it comes to his players. Manningham just coming back from injury shouldn't have been in a game that was over at halftime. He did the same thing last season to Josh Morgan when we blew the Buccaneers out. This isn't the BCS and we don't need style points. When the game is over one way or the other you take most of your starters out and let younger players play. Gore getting carries down 35 to 6 is just plain stupid.

That injury was more an effort play by manninghan when game is still in reach and a bad horrible throw by kap. You dont hesitate you let that ball fly 7.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I heard "The Brick" talking about this on the radio last night. He said something along the lines of the same thing. Harbaughs ego just may have ruined this team this season. He thinks he is smarter than he actually is, and lets his ego get in the way. We win 2 games and suddenly we are the best team in the league, then we come out and flop. The whole team looks unprepared and that is due to guys thinking they are the world champs.

This team no longer uses "one day at a time" motto. We switched to Kaep for tomorrow. You don't think the players see that? All this s**t Harbaugh has preached has gone out the window. "Go with the hot hand", sure.... We are getting our balls kicked in, and do we go with the hot hand, or do we stick with a guy we have to "dumb" down the offense for? Ego right there. Sure wouldn't want Alex to come in and prove coach wrong, it's not about the team anymore.

We dont use Gore anymore. Why not? Does Harbaugh have some point to prove? Is he really looking at team first or himself? Again this is all stuff i heard on the radio, and a lot of people agree. Harbaughs ego has cost us this season. I myself had expectations of Super Bowl 6 weeks ago. Now my expectations are a first or second round exit.

Yes another promotional ad for Smith; he is gone, get over it. In the end would you rather have Singleterry or Nolan..Nothin but armchair wunderkinds blowing BS that they think is God's truth.. The same goes for dj43 BS diatribe and Vaden who calls out JH for being a punk, when.. Harbaugh called total BS on the horn thing as, "a total fabrication. Thanks but no thinks; I'll believe Harbaugh over some lineman. And the "what's your deal" thing, groovy, I love it..

Some of you people really think your the cats pajamas and "know-it-alls," when all you are, are bystanders far away from the reality of the people who's jobs you criticize and that never in a thousand years you could fill. BTW, if anyone doesn't think that Smith would have racked up at least 5 sacks in that game falling in his fetal position to save yardage on sacks, if you don't think this would have happened then you are out of your minds..Kap was sacked once, he was trying to make a play, so what if it was a 10-15yrd sack? I would rather have that one sakc than 5 or 6 with nothing to show for them..

Merry Frickin Christmas dudes..
so your saying he should have given up? haters come oit strong when we lose
  • jrg
  • Veteran
23-7-1 with the 49ers

Yep, clearly always out coached
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
TheRatman13, It was 28 to 6 and the game was over. The 49ers weren't coming back from 22 down at halftime in Seattle. Sometimes you have to face the fact you've lost and keep players healthy for another battle.

We weren't coming back, you are right about that. Combine the fact that we are not a team that plays well from behind but in Seattle it wasn't going to happen. With that said how much do you think the players would have respected their head coach after the game had he just quit and threw the towel in. You play to the final whistle and its good for this guys to feel a little humility because we have shown that we can handle it. We've never lost two in a row under Harbaugh and I look for that trend to continue this week... .
Share 49ersWebzone