There are 155 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
100% true.
our guys are the ones that are at a disadvantage doing that.

That system works with an Andrew Luck in college. It would probably work well with a guy like Manning or Brady in the NFL. Kaepernick is none of those guys and you're only putting him at a disadvantage by allowing the defense to time their jump to create pressure pretty much as soon as the ball reaches the QB.

completely disagree because it's not that Kap

it worked with andrew luck in college because David shaw was calling the plays, NOT greg roman.
it wouldn't work with manning because the plays are such the line wouldn't protect him long enough to get a pass off. unless you want him to check down every single passing play while boldin and crab run 20 yard dig routes lol. that same thing applies to brady as well.
it's not the pre snap read that's the problem it's what you outlined at the end that's the problem. pressure on a qb as soon as he reaches the ball..
didn't we just see what manning will do under pressure monday night?
the same goes for ALL of the qb's you named. it's not a cerebral issue. because slowing it down would only help him process things more.
and he excels at quick decisions as well as running uptempo.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I'm just not ready for him to go

He gone! My problem with him is that it seems as if he was gone during this season! Unacceptable!
Say it ain't so Jim...Say it ain't so!!
How is it that a coach like Harbaugh, with his success and winning percentage (no matter where he goes) is so easily cast aside? By both ownership and some of the fans on here alike? Seriously, is everyone so short-sided here that they forget three straight NFC championships? A part of me feels that everyone is going to regret the rashness and harshness they felt with Harbaugh being pushed out, particularly if we struggle again next year. You don't just can a winner.
Originally posted by mato49er:
How is it that a coach like Harbaugh, with his success and winning percentage (no matter where he goes) is so easily cast aside? By both ownership and some of the fans on here alike? Seriously, is everyone so short-sided here that they forget three straight NFC championships? A part of me feels that everyone is going to regret the rashness and harshness they felt with Harbaugh being pushed out, particularly if we struggle again next year. You don't just can a winner.

I think some people look at the offense and how it's been one of the worst in the league since he's been here and maybe think he could be holding the team back, even though he's been overall successful since he's been here.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think some people look at the offense and how it's been one of the worst in the league since he's been here and maybe think he could be holding the team back, even though he's been overall successful since he's been here.

58-27 in college.
43-19-1 in the pros.

He wins. Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get the change you're seeking. That winning percentage looks a lot better than the 2-14 season. And that wasn't that long ago.

58-27 in college.
43-19-1 in the pros.

He wins. Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get the change you're seeking. That winning percentage looks a lot better than the 2-14 season. And that wasn't that long ago.

Hey, I hear ya. I never said that was my point of view. He just asked how some people see it that way so I tried to rationalize it from that side of the argument. I guess the same side of that argument might look at all those wins in the nfl and college and point out he's never won a championship. And maybe they'd ask what's more important, wins or championships.
Hey, I hear ya. I never said that was my point of view. He just asked how some people see it that way so I tried to rationalize it from that side of the argument. I guess the same side of that argument might look at all those wins in the nfl and college and point out he's never won a championship. And maybe they'd ask what's more important, wins or championships.

You don't get to championships without wins.

True, but they might say at some point you have to get over the hump. Marvin Lewis has a 100 wins in the NFL. lol

True, but they might say at some point you have to get over the hump. Marvin Lewis has a 100 wins in the NFL. lol

I would have gone with Marty Schottenheimer, but perhaps lol.

"They" would be idiotic to compare Marvin Lewis' coaching resume against Harbaugh's. Has Marvin Lewis even made it to a championship game? Are you sure you're not speaking on behalf of "they"?
Originally posted by TheRambler:
I would have gone with Marty Schottenheimer, but perhaps lol.

Never made it to the Super Bowl.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

He averages 8.3 wins a year. In 7 of his 12 seasons he has 9 wins or less.

"They" would be idiotic to compare Marvin Lewis' coaching resume against Harbaugh's. Has Marvin Lewis even made it to a championship game? Are you sure you're not speaking on behalf of "they"?

I'm quite sure. I personally don't want to see Jim leave. I'm just open minded enough to be able to look at something outside of my own opinion and make sense of it from that point of view. Something many around here obviously have a problem with. I know this is the internet, but the vast majority of people around here think their opinion is 100% right, see no other point of view as posible, and anything that is not their opinion is 100% wrong. lol
Share 49ersWebzone