There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread

The team is 10-4-1. How is he being outcoached?
I love Harbaugh as a coach but he makes bad calls when it comes to his players. Manningham just coming back from injury shouldn't have been in a game that was over at halftime. He did the same thing last season to Josh Morgan when we blew the Buccaneers out. This isn't the BCS and we don't need style points. When the game is over one way or the other you take most of your starters out and let younger players play. Gore getting carries down 35 to 6 is just plain stupid.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The team is 10-4-1. How is he being outcoached?

Not 15-0.

Although some other HCs such as Fisher do seem to have out thought him.
Originally posted by English:
Not 15-0.

Although some other HCs such as Fisher do seem to have out thought him.

The secondary still is a weakness for this team People bought into a lot of the hype that was generated from a very good pass rush but guys like Rogers and Whitner have had major issues in coverage, that has to be rectified.
Honestly, this was a perfect storm for the Seahawks. The 49ers were coming off their biggest high of the season by beating the Patriots in Foxborough. If you noticed the past 4 weeks, the #1 ranked teams all lost the next week. The Texans were ranked #1 week 13, and then week 14 the Patriots blew them out. Then the Patriots were ranked #1 after that, and the 49ers beat them. Now we were ranked #1 and the Seahawks beat us. It is a trend that keeps happening. The seahawks were playing at home where they never lose. Petey REALLY wanted a win against Harbaugh. The Seahawks wanted to clinch their spot in the playoffs after we already clinched ours. The intensity and momentum was all in the Hawks favor this week. Thank God we beat the Patriots because we would be fighting for a wildcard spot rather than a division title or #2 seed.
Harbaugh's ego is no bigger than that of any other NFL coach, the team has plenty of holes, and isn't as good as it's cracked up to be. The 49ers do not regularly get outcoached, it happens more often than we should like, but it's not all of the time. He's not alone in game planning and his coordinators get a lot of free reign in the game plans they collectively put together. To me it appears sometimes as if they don't correctly analyze the game film of their opponents (Vikings, Rams, Giants, Seahawks) and so don't put together effective gameplans against these teams. I'm sure that the Seahawks ability to do what they did last night was evident in their previous games, so the coaching staff should have known what their opponents were capable of. It appeared that the D had no clue how fast, shifty, and escapable Wilson was, whether that is the case or not I don't know, it just looked like they were unprepared for him. The Niners were getting pushed around all over the place, it was sickening to watch. As much praise as the FO got for the 2011 draft, and rightly so, the 49ers better start getting players who can compete with the more athletic players in this league. That starts with this coming years draft. The 49ers looked old last night, and they have looked old in their previous losses.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I love Harbaugh as a coach but he makes bad calls when it comes to his players. Manningham just coming back from injury shouldn't have been in a game that was over at halftime. He did the same thing last season to Josh Morgan when we blew the Buccaneers out. This isn't the BCS and we don't need style points. When the game is over one way or the other you take most of your starters out and let younger players play. Gore getting carries down 35 to 6 is just plain stupid.

Manningham was hurt early in the third quarter. No coach is giving up in the third quarter of a football game you're down 21-3. Furthermore, they were starting to gain momentum and Manningham got hurt and fumbled unfortunately. That's when it was over because Seattle capitalized on every mistake by scoring TDs. Our offense can't score red zone TDs to save their life because of all the garbage gimmick plays that work best between the twenties.
TheRatman13, It was 28 to 6 and the game was over. The 49ers weren't coming back from 22 down at halftime in Seattle. Sometimes you have to face the fact you've lost and keep players healthy for another battle.
Carrol FINALLY beat him and all this overreaction. Harbaugh brought this team back into the limelight and will continue to show the whole football world how great this 49ERS team is when they win the superbowl.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,019
Originally posted by NinerTeam:
Carrol FINALLY beat him and all this overreaction. Harbaugh brought this team back into the limelight and will continue to show the whole football world how great this 49ERS team is when they win the superbowl.
nice optimism but we have to put four quarters of ball together before we talk super bowl. if we do not on sunday, we are looking at a wild card first round elimination game
Needs to fire roman
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Harbaugh's ego is no bigger than that of any other NFL coach, the team has plenty of holes, and isn't as good as it's cracked up to be. The 49ers do not regularly get outcoached, it happens more often than we should like, but it's not all of the time. He's not alone in game planning and his coordinators get a lot of free reign in the game plans they collectively put together. To me it appears sometimes as if they don't correctly analyze the game film of their opponents (Vikings, Rams, Giants, Seahawks) and so don't put together effective gameplans against these teams. I'm sure that the Seahawks ability to do what they did last night was evident in their previous games, so the coaching staff should have known what their opponents were capable of. It appeared that the D had no clue how fast, shifty, and escapable Wilson was, whether that is the case or not I don't know, it just looked like they were unprepared for him. The Niners were getting pushed around all over the place, it was sickening to watch. As much praise as the FO got for the 2011 draft, and rightly so, the 49ers better start getting players who can compete with the more athletic players in this league. That starts with this coming years draft. The 49ers looked old last night, and they have looked old in their previous losses.

We did look old, on defense there really is no line depth, and we were still tired from last week. Harbaugh also needs to play his rookies. No dam reason not to. Then we wont be so old out there. To find out no one can catch AJ Jenkins yesterday would have been nice to see! LeMichael James is making an impact and is as good as Hunter. Rookies arent any liability at all. Play these guys!...Harbaugh!
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
TheRatman13, It was 28 to 6 and the game was over. The 49ers weren't coming back from 22 down at halftime in Seattle. Sometimes you have to face the fact you've lost and keep players healthy for another battle.

Sorry misquoted the score. Regardless, my point still stands. No coach is ever quitting early in the third quarter. If that were the case, the patriots would have conceded last week. It sucks what happened to Manningham, but Harbaugh would have lost all the team's respect if he pulled the chord in the third.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
TheRatman13, It was 28 to 6 and the game was over. The 49ers weren't coming back from 22 down at halftime in Seattle. Sometimes you have to face the fact you've lost and keep players healthy for another battle.

Sorry misquoted the score. Regardless, my point still stands. No coach is ever quitting early in the third quarter. If that were the case, the patriots would have conceded last week. It sucks what happened to Manningham, but Harbaugh would have lost all the team's respect if he pulled the chord in the third.


Exactly!

Talk about over-reaction ! Fans need to take a deep breath and relax. These kinds of things happen. There are lessons to be learned and if the team learns something from this loss, and it will, it might just be helpful for a playoff run.

Sorry . . . but this talk about pulling players at half-time and Harbaugh's ego being the problem is just ridiculous. BTW I don't understand how letting players play has anything to do with ego. Gametime experience is how players learn. Kaepernick, in particular, needs as much game experience as he can get, in all situations. The coaches need practice in getting the plays called to the huddle in time (that was atrocious). The team needs all this practice in order for the offense to play in rythmn.

The coaches need to see what they have on defense when key players are missing. That needs to be fixed pronto! IMO it was obvious that the defense was the problem in this game. They got schooled by a rookie QB. If it wasn't for the fact that it was happening to the team we support, it was actually quite funny how they kept flopping around back there trying to contain their QB and cover their receivers. It was an important lesson and a problem that the team must solve. Hope that the coaches do something about it.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
TheRatman13, It was 28 to 6 and the game was over. The 49ers weren't coming back from 22 down at halftime in Seattle. Sometimes you have to face the fact you've lost and keep players healthy for another battle.

imagine where this team would be now if we quit in the 3rd quarter against the Eagles last year.