There are 140 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is how I look at it, personally, on "yes" or "no" if he is responsible on the various problems:

Offensive Woes (including poor playcalling, misutilization of talent, no Red Zone scoring, Kaepernick's regression): YES
Lack of scoring and apparent failure to adjust in the second half of games: YES
Increase in Penalties: YES
Off-field Distractions: NO
Injuries: NO

So, yes. I think you can trace most of the key issues to Harbaugh. But this is the first year it's looked this bad. Do you panic and make a change without giving him a chance to turn it around next year? Kneejerk reactions are often not good ones.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If there is a way to keep Harbaugh, he'll stay. He's under contract. It's not like we're deciding between "re-signing" him.

The 49ers will take a look at all the problems faced this year and will have to decide 1) how much of it is directly tied to Harbaugh, 2) Is there someone better who could replace him, and 3) would the decision to replace him give the 49ers the best chance to win the Super Bowl going forward?

I wish that is the analysis that will be performed by the FO. Instead, I fear it is more like: (1) can we find a coach that is friendlier with the media; (2) can we find a coach that shows up for corporate events; and (3) can we find a coach that isn't an a-hole.

Look, Harbaugh is probably a huge a-hole. But does York want to win or does he not want to feel uncomfortable dealing with a coach that doesn't kiss a**?
This is how I look at it, personally, on "yes" or "no" if he is responsible on the various problems:

Offensive Woes (including poor playcalling, misutilization of talent, no Red Zone scoring, Kaepernick's regression): YES

So, yes. I think you can trace most of the key issues to Harbaugh. But this is the first year it's looked this bad. Do you panic and make a change without giving him a chance to turn it around next year? Kneejerk reactions are often not good ones.

you watch games like these and it's hard to blame harbaugh imo

he can't make plays on the field...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
wrong thread.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 20, 2014 at 7:54 PM ]
Now back to the old bad 2014 scheme in the 2nd half. First half a bizarre fluke. So scheme stubbornness and incompetence it is!
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

you watch games like these and it's hard to blame harbaugh imo

he can't make plays on the field...

The one caveat I'd throw into the "YESes" I have up there are not all of those is he 100% at fault for. We have probably had the MOST untimely penalties in the entire NFL. I really want to see what the numbers are for the following:

1. Offensive 1st downs negated by penalty
2. Offensive touchdowns negated by penalty
3. 1st downs given up on defense due to penalty
4. 1st downs given up on defense due to penalty ON 3RD DOWN
5. Sacks/Turnovers negated due to defensive penalties
Originally posted by midrdan:
If there is a way to keep Harbaugh, he'll stay. He's under contract. It's not like we're deciding between "re-signing" him.

The 49ers will take a look at all the problems faced this year and will have to decide 1) how much of it is directly tied to Harbaugh, 2) Is there someone better who could replace him, and 3) would the decision to replace him give the 49ers the best chance to win the Super Bowl going forward?

I wish that is the analysis that will be performed by the FO. Instead, I fear it is more like: (1) can we find a coach that is friendlier with the media; (2) can we find a coach that shows up for corporate events; and (3) can we find a coach that isn't an a-hole.

Look, Harbaugh is probably a huge a-hole. But does York want to win or does he not want to feel uncomfortable dealing with a coach that doesn't kiss a**?

Jed doesn't care about the niners. The stadium is his baby now. He's worried about the grass getting in the way of states for jay z and Taylor swift
Originally posted by captveg:
Now back to the old bad 2014 scheme in the 2nd half. First half a bizarre fluke. So scheme stubbornness and incompetence it is!

??? The Davis TD was sweet. Too bad it was negated. Kap 90 yard run. This offense has looked through three quarters. It's put up 28 on the ninth rated D. Not bad.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by captveg:

??? The Davis TD was sweet. Too bad it was negated. Kap 90 yard run. This offense has looked through three quarters. It's put up 28 on the ninth rated D. Not bad.

Davis TD was a good play. Kaep run was a great athletic play, but the playcall that it came from was broken, so props to the player more than the call itself.

So, one good play to that point.

I'm glad they called the pitch to Smith, too. But that was after I posted my comment.
Can't wait for Jim Tomsula, yeah . The idiots chased Harbaugh away because they couldn't manage his personality. This is an absolute catastrophe and will be felt for at least a decade. Trade Harbaugh to the Raiders and the franchise should be taken away and given to me. It already should though, regardless.

ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME!?!?!??!?!?!?
Ahh the curse of Kyle Williams! This is such a joke
Terrible ownership, terrible new stadium
WHAT AN F'ING JOKE.
Originally posted by Jboobie:
Terrible ownership, terrible new stadium

Yes, blame the ownership for the team blowing a 28-7 lead................
Share 49ersWebzone