LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think everything is broken because the players know that the playcalling and the scheming is a joke. They get to hear about it from the guys on opposing defenses on the regular. Dahl came over from St Louis and confirmed it. Comments from guys like Staley, Crabtree, Miller and others have alluded to the scheme being an issue. They run a great offense when nobody has seen it before, when its in college or when Andrew Luck happens to be the quarterback. There are teams with worse QB's than Kaepernick doing more more on offense than this team has done this season.

It's true. That's why Pep Hamilton scares the crap out of me. He may be good but he has always had a thoroughbred at QB. Make Charlie Whitehurst or Mark Sanchez look like Brady and I'll pay attention. What Luck is asked to do is ridiculous. Kap can't be asked to do even half of it. Doesn't mean a scheme can't be friendly to his skills and ability and he can't outperform Luck.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Jt8786:
Originally posted by cciowa:
that era has NOTHING to do with the current status of the team. we can thank jim but at the same time hold him and his staff accountable for the product we have seen lately..... i wish you and others who want to play that card would listen to what most of us say,,,,,,,,,, we would like jh to stay but if he refuses to make changes in roman and any other coach that needs to go,, then he goes

Who's not listening? You want a new OC, the coach doesn't think that GRo is the problem. Therefore Harbaugh is the problem.

That era has everything to do with how we move forward. Talented coaches aren't easy to find. Especially ones that put together proven winners consistently. That lack of coaching talent is what lead to the team being terrible for several years.

We finally have the kind of coach who can get the most out of the team, and you want to burn the whole house down and start over.

Coaches coach, players play. The world has gone away from the read option and settled back into the more prostyle offense again. We had to adapt, and we did f**king poorly. Our players couldn't execute that type of offense. So what do we do? Abandon and entire offseason's worth of work and go back to the read option, hoping that it will be more effective and stunt the QB's growth one more year?

Good coaching plays to a players strengths. Better coaching tries to get the most out of players, which is what we tried doing with the offense this year. Without our world beater defense to pickup the slack, we just didn't have the opportunity to hit our stride.

Agree. When JH leaves, it won't just be Roman leaving. It will be everything JH has brought to this team. Fangio will be out of here the first chance he gets. It is not easy finding a coach who demands the respect of the team like JH has and gets them to play as hard as our team has.

We are lucky we didn't go 5-11 considering how this year went.
romanexcuses thinly disguised as standing up for JH in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Bandwagon fans have no idea how bad those years were. They don't understand that a coaching change isn't going to solve the problem, because they weren't around to know how important coaching is.

Believing in holding coaches accountable? Get of your fuxking high horse. How, as an individual outside the organization, can you know who's accountable and for what?
when we struggle like we are struggling, yes you hold players and coaches accountable,,,, yes when i see no passion and sense of urgency from the coaches or players last week in a winnable game vs seattle,, yes i hold all accountable.. what do you do? set there with a passive glazed look on your face and say,, oh thats ok, we just need to tweak a few things??
We have the worst fans, possibly because they're bandwagon fans.

People seem to forget Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary.

Coaching can make or break a team. itz tbe difference between 7-9 and 12-4. Harbaugh took that same s**tty team from Singletary and turned them into a contender. Anybody who wants to move on basically admits they have no clue

Why is Harbaughs Offense unable to score more PPG than the coaches you listed above?

IMO I place much more of our success on the defensive staff finally being able to make things click with all the talent on Defense. Yes Harbs brought in a lot of that staff.
And if Harbaugh ends up with another NFL team and is shown the door within 3 to 4 seasons, that will provide an answer without him having to say a word as well. My theory is that he's a guy who's so incredibly intense that he won't last for long at any one destination, he'll either burn himself out or he'll burn out everyone else around him.

"I'm a jackhammer. I don't take vacations, I don't get sick...I'm a jackhammer". It's why I love him. Dick Vermeil quit his life, family included when he was coaching. Andy Reid wasn't there for his kid when he committed suicide. Same commitment for Harbaugh. Dude just wants to be great.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jbeale49:
And if Harbaugh ends up with another NFL team and is shown the door within 3 to 4 seasons, that will provide an answer without him having to say a word as well. My theory is that he's a guy who's so incredibly intense that he won't last for long at any one destination, he'll either burn himself out or he'll burn out everyone else around him.

"I'm a jackhammer. I don't take vacations, I don't get sick...I'm a jackhammer". It's why I love him. Dick Vermeil quit his life, family included when he was coaching. Andy Reid wasn't there for his kid when he committed suicide. Same commitment for Harbaugh. Dude just wants to be great.

he wants to be great or does he want his team to be great. kind of hard to be great when you can not even get plays called in on time and you play with a complete lack of urgency and energy in a big game that determines your teams season. but as long as HE wants to be great, who cares about the rest and i think your off the wall comments about being happy because andy was not there for his sons suicide is so wrong i am done talking to you forever

Reid went too far. Way too far. It's a game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

anyone who thinks that is cool ,, well i just do not know
I still don't get how we lose to Stanton @ARI STL after our bye week and OAK after we've rested ten days! This is unacceptable!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Coaching can make or break a team. itz tbe difference between 7-9 and 12-4. Harbaugh took that same s**tty team from Singletary and turned them into a contender. Anybody who wants to move on basically admits they have no clue

Why is Harbaughs Offense unable to score more PPG than the coaches you listed above?

IMO I place much more of our success on the defensive staff finally being able to make things click with all the talent on Defense. Yes Harbs brought in a lot of that staff.

Aside from this down year, the offense was putting up points (380, 397, 406), the only year of the guys he mentioned that rivaled the majority of Harbs offense was erickson's 2003 (384 points). Facts are from '04-'10 we did not have any offense that came with in 50 points of Harbs first 3 seasons.

Now this had been a bottoming out type of season, especially post bye week. However if the offense would have just been what it was the prior 3 years we are probably sitting with 10-11 wins.

Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Aside from this down year, the offense was putting up points (380, 397, 406), the only year of the guys he mentioned that rivaled the majority of Harbs offense was erickson's 2003 (384 points). Facts are from '04-'10 we did not have any offense that came with in 50 points of Harbs first 3 seasons.

Now this had been a bottoming out type of season, especially post bye week. However if the offense would have just been what it was the prior 3 years we are probably sitting with 10-11 wins.

What was the biggest difference this year? We are trying to force our offense to be a pro style passing offense.

I would be more worried about our pass blocking and QB than the OC in terms of who isn't able to hang in a true pro passing offense.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Deadspin ‏@Deadspin

Jim Harbaugh doesn't f**k around at laser tag:

http://deadspin.com/jim-harbaugh-doesnt-f**k-around-at-laser-tag-1673237240?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Originally posted by Joecool:
What was the biggest difference this year? We are trying to force our offense to be a pro style passing offense.

I would be more worried about our pass blocking and QB than the OC in terms of who isn't able to hang in a true pro passing offense.

In my eyes the main culprit for the down turn is the lack of continuity on the OL due to injuries and holdouts. I would also give credence to trying a more pro pass game and basically eliminating the pistol read option game. However pre bye, we were performing decent in the pass game, 64% 235-240 ypg and a qb rating in the 90s.

I'm stunned at the degree this offense had fallen off post bye. I mean we have to be sub 300 ypg and sub 15 ppg. I'd like to know what happen during the bye.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Dec 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM ]
Originally posted by English:

I wish I had a family - EVERYONE is gone.

Andy made a huge mistake.

Family is everything, then come comes friendship.

This. When we're down the s**tter for the next 5-10 years, I hope the "the grass is always greener" fans enjoy it. Three years of such success, and only one down year, and we're going to throw it all away because the front office's egos can't stand competing with Harbaugh's. I can't believe how f**king stupid this crap is.
Share 49ersWebzone