LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i hate marathe, even if this is bs or not

Marathe was originally hired by Donahue............not saying he's the problem, but if he's not staying in his lane and seemingly trying to insert himself into things that Harbaugh might regard as none of his damn business, particularly for a guy with no football background, I could see why Harbaugh would get irate.

In his projects, Marathe created graphs and charts that impressed York. After working with the 49ers for 18 months, Marathe befriended Jed York, John's eldest son. Seemingly, as the 23-year-old Jed became more visible at the 49ers' headquarters, eventually joining high-level meetings, so did Marathe.

Marathe's ascension coincided with the departure of Walsh and director of football operations John McVay, which could have been more than a coincidence. Privately, neither liked the statistical approach Donahue espoused. Marathe and his computer shot down Walsh and McVay's trade proposals during the 2003 draft. This didn't sit well with either man, who had built the 49ers' success partly on their impulses.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/WHO-IS-PARAAG-MARATHE-Numbers-added-up-to-2703495.php

just weird that there have been tons of reports that baalke and harbaugh can't stand each other, now this little nugget of how its actually paraag, makes no sense to be honest.

i still believe baalke and jim don't get along because of jim's allegiance to roman. it's so painfully obvious.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
just weird that there have been tons of reports that baalke and harbaugh can't stand each other, now this little nugget of how its actually paraag, makes no sense to be honest.

i still believe baalke and jim don't get along because of jim's allegiance to roman. it's so painfully obvious.

I don't think Baalke and Harbaugh ever had a warm relationship, but they don't really need to, I think they were able to work together just fine despite not being golfing buddies or whatever. A recent report said that Baalke had been Harbaugh's last ally in the front office before he had finally soured on him as well. If Baalke was the last guy in the front office to support him, who were the people that didn't and when did they stop supporting him and why.........it would make sense that Marathe is a part of the problem as his power within the organization has grown immensely and surrounded by all these football people, he might be a guy who starts to fancy himself a football expert and start throwing his weight around as well.
LOL if he ends up staying
Originally posted by LVJay:
Rumor has it, his is pretty long (10 or 11 inches). BUT, it's 1/4 of an inch thick (like a fat spaghetti noodle)

Hopefully he can hit on a few wr's in the next few drafs. We are eventually gonna have to draft some. if not, he's gonna end up hung like a tuna can
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by judodono:
I heard, and believe, it's simply a pride thing. The beef goes back to our Super Bowl. Harbaugh wanted a contract extension then and asked for it. He was denied.

This off season he was approached with an offer to renegotiate- and this time he denied. Apparently the bridge was burnt and only got worse.

If he asked after 2012 we should have paid. If we asked after 2013 he should have accepted. Right now neither side should shake on anything. I would play out 2015 with some new blood running the offense then go from there.
Glad we didn't
Everything I have heard about Marathe is that he is the numbers wiz behind all our team friendly contracts and pretty much our whole salary cap. If that's the case he is vital. I could be wrong
Originally posted by teylo31:
Everything I have heard about Marathe is that he is the numbers wiz behind all our team friendly contracts and pretty much our whole salary cap. If that's the case he is vital. I could be wrong

You heard correct and this is why he was promoted. Marathe is about the best in the biz at what he does
Originally posted by teylo31:

You heard correct and this is why he was promoted. Marathe is about the best in the biz at what he does
this coming year we are Fk'd though and need to cut or do some major contract restructuring
Hmmmm
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
Hmmmm

wow so he will just walk out on his contract...Sarcasm

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
this coming year we are Fk'd though and need to cut or do some major contract restructuring

We most certainly will bro. We will lose of slew of vets but I think we resign Cully if we can. We got Anton of redshirts and I think we draft at least 9 players this draft. We will get under the cap and reload

We most certainly will bro. We will lose of slew of vets but I think we resign Cully if we can. We got Anton of redshirts and I think we draft at least 9 players this draft. We will get under the cap and reload

man what a bad time for some major roster moves (Org issues)..could mean another disappointing year

man what a bad time for some major roster moves (Org issues)..could mean another disappointing year
The fall has been swift. The team next year will be a completely different team from the previous three years, fcrazy.
not sure if this was posted

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/12/18/7416497/harbaugh-will-re-sign-with-49ers-to-spite-media
Jim Harbaugh 2011: "The longer you guys take to realize how good you are, the better"

Jim Harbaugh 2013: We're the 49ers, we do what ever we want because we're the f**king 49ers.

Yeah, the philosophy changed from structured work ethic to we'll just wing it cus "we're so good".

The ego was the downfall; and that rubbed off on the players.
Share 49ersWebzone