LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Balke has a small dick syndrome

Everytime the offensive coaching staff completely fails at using the guys he drafts, it shrinks a little more.....no wonder he's so mad all the time.

Or they just suck
  • Happs
  • Veteran
What effect, if any, will the fact that next year's Superbowl is at Levi's Stadium have on the upcoming off season, particularly the coaching situation?
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Fans are split, maybe not 50/50, but if you can accept that Harbaugh and Roman are tied at the hip then the majority of us want Harbaugh gone!

Also I think it's hypocritical of someone who is "pro Harbaugh" to say "FIRE ROMAN NOW" when in reality this is Jim's offense.

I don't think most fans pay enough attention to know that Harbaugh and Roman are tied at the hip. Hell, I don't KNOW that. This is the general perception, but it's not necessarily true. I'd like to see Harbaugh change his offensive approach and stay with the team, but evidently, that's not going to happen. But most fans who aren't obsessing all week long and paying that much attention are just like "They're getting rid of Harbaugh? Why would they do that?"

if you as a fan understand the premise that some coaches just arent cut out for the long haul and move from job to job. bill parcells in nfl, larry brown in nba, mike keenan in the nhl. those types of coaches do exist, good enough to get many job but never stay at 1 for a decade. after watching half a season of harbaugh he struck me as that grinder burn out type. so for me its comes as no surprise. and to those shocked by this i have to wonder what they've been watching and how they've been interpreting that.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Balke has a small dick syndrome

Everytime the offensive coaching staff completely fails at using the guys he drafts, it shrinks a little more.....no wonder he's so mad all the time.

Rumor has it, his is pretty long (10 or 11 inches). BUT, it's 1/4 of an inch thick (like a fat spaghetti noodle)
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Fans are split, maybe not 50/50, but if you can accept that Harbaugh and Roman are tied at the hip then the majority of us want Harbaugh gone!

Also I think it's hypocritical of someone who is "pro Harbaugh" to say "FIRE ROMAN NOW" when in reality this is Jim's offense.

I don't think most fans pay enough attention to know that Harbaugh and Roman are tied at the hip. Hell, I don't KNOW that. This is the general perception, but it's not necessarily true. I'd like to see Harbaugh change his offensive approach and stay with the team, but evidently, that's not going to happen. But most fans who aren't obsessing all week long and paying that much attention are just like "They're getting rid of Harbaugh? Why would they do that?"

I agree the topic can be shocking from the outside looking in.
Originally posted by question:
Sorry.

I mistakenly thought there MUST be something more to it than is in the articles.

Guess not though.

I find it un-real that a team would let a successful coach go over personality differences. Or even a bad offensive coaching staff. I mean, 3 NFC championship games in 4 years is unreal. I would LOVE to have that.

Could be a situation where you get another Mike Nolan and REALLYYYY want that a-hole back.

I heard, and believe, it's simply a pride thing. The beef goes back to our Super Bowl. Harbaugh wanted a contract extension then and asked for it. He was denied.

This off season he was approached with an offer to renegotiate- and this time he denied. Apparently the bridge was burnt and only got worse.
Originally posted by judodono:
I heard, and believe, it's simply a pride thing. The beef goes back to our Super Bowl. Harbaugh wanted a contract extension then and asked for it. He was denied.

This off season he was approached with an offer to renegotiate- and this time he denied. Apparently the bridge was burnt and only got worse.

If he asked after 2012 we should have paid. If we asked after 2013 he should have accepted. Right now neither side should shake on anything. I would play out 2015 with some new blood running the offense then go from there.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Does the 3 way love triangle go across the bay (Harbs/Roman/Dawson). Janikowski gets the boot due to yellow-toe-nail fungus...
A verbal to Michigan per link...

https://twitter.com/chat49ers/status/545792911359479808
Originally posted by jbeale49:

If this is true, its Marathe that has it out for Harbaugh, not Baalke like people are claiming. And if that's true, Marathe can GTFO. He's a suit with absolutely no background in football prior to working for the 49ers.

The agreement that the parties came to in late November was that Harbaugh couldn't commit to anything as long as the 49ers were still in contention for the NFL playoffs, and that Harbaugh was committed to not only making the playoffs, but winning a Super Bowl and forcing 49ers owner Jed York to fire Harbaugh's least favorite person in the 49ers, Paraag Marathe – - not, as reported, GM Trent Baalke.

Marathe and Harbaugh have deeply disliked each other for several years, and that dislike intensified in January when York promoted Marathe to team President after ousting Gideon Yu, a Harbaugh favorite. Harbaugh's first choice is – and has always been – to stay with the 49ers for the foreseeable future, but as things stand, that's no longer an option. Harbaugh knows he has 10 more days as 49ers head coach remaining, and he's now ready to go back to the one place he loves more than anywhere else, Ann Arbor, and restore his favorite football team to heights they haven't reached in decades.

http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/BREAKING-Harbaugh-Will-Accept-Michigan-Offer-Barring-LastMinute-Change-Of-Heart-10-2-6148
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM ]

wtf is chat sports? lol

If this is true, its Marathe that has it out for Harbaugh, not Baalke like people are claiming. And if that's true, Marathe can GTFO. He's a suit with absolutely no background in football prior to working for the 49ers.

The agreement that the parties came to in late November was that Harbaugh couldn't commit to anything as long as the 49ers were still in contention for the NFL playoffs, and that Harbaugh was committed to not only making the playoffs, but winning a Super Bowl and forcing 49ers owner Jed York to fire Harbaugh's least favorite person in the 49ers, Paraag Marathe – - not, as reported, GM Trent Baalke.

Marathe and Harbaugh have deeply disliked each other for several years, and that dislike intensified in January when York promoted Marathe to team President after ousting Gideon Yu, a Harbaugh favorite. Harbaugh's first choice is – and has always been – to stay with the 49ers for the foreseeable future, but as things stand, that's no longer an option. Harbaugh knows he has 10 more days as 49ers head coach remaining, and he's now ready to go back to the one place he loves more than anywhere else, Ann Arbor, and restore his favorite football team to heights they haven't reached in decades.

http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/BREAKING-Harbaugh-Will-Accept-Michigan-Offer-Barring-LastMinute-Change-Of-Heart-10-2-6148

i hate marathe, even if this is bs or not
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

wtf is chat sports? lol

A living room wide leader in sports.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i hate marathe, even if this is bs or not

Marathe was originally hired by Donahue............not saying he's the problem, but if he's not staying in his lane and seemingly trying to insert himself into things that Harbaugh might regard as none of his damn business, particularly for a guy with no football background, I could see why Harbaugh would get irate.

In his projects, Marathe created graphs and charts that impressed York. After working with the 49ers for 18 months, Marathe befriended Jed York, John's eldest son. Seemingly, as the 23-year-old Jed became more visible at the 49ers' headquarters, eventually joining high-level meetings, so did Marathe.

Marathe's ascension coincided with the departure of Walsh and director of football operations John McVay, which could have been more than a coincidence. Privately, neither liked the statistical approach Donahue espoused. Marathe and his computer shot down Walsh and McVay's trade proposals during the 2003 draft. This didn't sit well with either man, who had built the 49ers' success partly on their impulses.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/WHO-IS-PARAAG-MARATHE-Numbers-added-up-to-2703495.php

Nevertheless, Marathe was asked by York to lead the head-coaching research, and his profile skyrocketed.

Marathe studied 120 coaches to determine where the most successful NFL coaches come from, and what makes them excel once they have the job. Along with other factors, Marathe discovered that coaches who were with successful teams and worked with winning coaches made the best future coach.

The 49ers' short list of candidates was determined partly by Marathe's criteria. The interview process included a meal with John and Jed York, and then a sit-down with John York, Marathe and Tumey. York ultimately determined the next man to lead the 49ers.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM ]
most annoying but predictable part of that link is about harbaugh and/or his camp reaching out in early november. if thats true just proves what i thought all along, the guy wants out and has the backing of savvy pr team to get the ball rolling while he stands at a podium acting like he his happy in sf and isnt going anywhere. its not much better than saban's "i'm not going to be the coach at alabama" thing
Share 49ersWebzone