LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 409 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Garcia:
It seems that this schizm with Harbaugh and the FO may be over Roman.

Front Office wants him gone, but Jim is too blindly loyal and is sticking with his guys. Could be his downfall.

I've had that feeling all along. If there were issues, it was due to the offensive playcalling. I'd venture to say that the players who are most upset, are probably on the offensive side of the ball. Staley alluded to this with some earlier comments.

Harbaugh and Roman came out and said the playcalling and preparation were great after the game and they had the right approach.

Meaning, lack of execution ala s**te QB play was why they lost..... What's the solution here? New QB?
Harbaugh and Roman came out and said the playcalling and preparation were great after the game and they had the right approach.

Meaning, lack of execution ala s**te QB play was why they lost..... What's the solution here? New QB?

What they say in the media means next to nothing. This is true for all football coaches.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Harbaugh is the right guy for the job though. If Harbaugh has to go we take a step down. Can't say the same if Baalke leaves. Baalke is replaceable.

In your opinion. If Harbaugh isnt willing to dump Roman, then he needs to go, simple as that. Baalke has given him plenty of talent on offense to work with...he's done nothing with it.
Is there any history of a "really good" team having great success fire there head coach and the new coach come in and do a better job? I know its been mentioned with the OC and the Ravens but how about a head coach?
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Harbaugh is the right guy for the job though. If Harbaugh has to go we take a step down. Can't say the same if Baalke leaves. Baalke is replaceable.

In your opinion. If Harbaugh isnt willing to dump Roman, then he needs to go, simple as that. Baalke has given him plenty of talent on offense to work with...he's done nothing with it.

Its starting to become more and more obvious that the rift between the FO and Harbs is because of Roman. Harbs is loyal to the end and we're starting to get a glimpse of the finish line. Too bad, I love Harbaugh.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Is there any history of a "really good" team having great success fire there head coach and the new coach come in and do a better job? I know its been mentioned with the OC and the Ravens but how about a head coach?

Do you consider this a really good team? Not the way they are playing on the offensive side of things.

bucs
dungy -> gruden
Monte Kiffin stayed on

another good example is steelers
cowher -> tomlin
LeBeau stayed on
[ Edited by znk916 on Nov 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by znk916:

bucs
dungy -> gruden
Monte Kiffin stayed on

cowher -> tomlin
LeBeau stayed on

Jimmy Johnson fired and replaced by Barry Switzer.
bucs
dungy -> gruden
Monte Kiffin stayed on

cowher -> tomlin
LeBeau stayed on

Cowher retired, he was not fired.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
bucs
dungy -> gruden
Monte Kiffin stayed on

cowher -> tomlin
LeBeau stayed on

Cowher retired, he was not fired.

ya I know, there are no exact comparisons, but you can definitely replace the HC and not miss a beat as long as key assistants are retained

• dj43
It seems that this schizm with Harbaugh and the FO may be over Roman.

Front Office wants him gone, but Jim is too blindly loyal and is sticking with his guys. Could be his downfall.

I've had that feeling all along. If there were issues, it was due to the offensive playcalling. I'd venture to say that the players who are most upset, are probably on the offensive side of the ball. Staley alluded to this with some earlier comments.

What concerns me is that the offensive players know the truth about play calling and play design. As a result, come FA time, guys like Crabtree in particular and Iupati, will be less willing to stay here. Other FAs, particularly WRs, won't want to come here. There will be a lot of money available from a lot of teams, so who would want to come to a pathetic passing offense like this. Whether it is Kaepernick or Harbaugh or Roman, something substantial will have to change if top FAs will come here.

If I were Crabtree, wouldn't even waste my time listening to a 49er offer unless substantial changes are made in the offensive coaching dept. I would be looking for a legit passing offense that would allow me to use my talent for more than blocking.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
The truly elite QB's in the NFL, take for example Brady and Rodgers. Have you heard their coaches come on after a win and say- Hey Aaron, Brady are Great!! Great with a Capital G!

When a young QB hears his coach proclaim him as "Great" he feels he's at the top and doesn't have anything to work on or spent extra time on watching film.He's freaking great already.. Harbaugh has ruined Kaepernick..
You don't call out your guys in the press conference, you simply don't. This talk has to be private.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
The truly elite QB's in the NFL, take for example Brady and Rodgers. Have you heard their coaches come on after a win and say- Hey Aaron, Brady are Great!! Great with a Capital G!

When a young QB hears his coach proclaim him as "Great" he feels he's at the top and doesn't have anything to work on or spent extra time on watching film.He's freaking great already.. Harbaugh has ruined Kaepernick..
You don't call out your guys in the press conference, you simply don't. This talk has to be private.

You don't need to call him out in the press just stop the unwarranted BS praising..
He's not Great by any stretch of the imagination .. Stop blowing up his already swollen head.
ya I know, there are no exact comparisons, but you can definitely replace the HC and not miss a beat as long as key assistants are retained

bucs
dungy -> gruden
Monte Kiffin stayed on

cowher -> tomlin
LeBeau stayed on

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Jimmy Johnson fired and replaced by Barry Switzer.

Great examples! Thanks.
Originally posted by dj43:
What concerns me is that the offensive players know the truth about play calling and play design. As a result, come FA time, guys like Crabtree in particular and Iupati, will be less willing to stay here. Other FAs, particularly WRs, won't want to come here. There will be a lot of money available from a lot of teams, so who would want to come to a pathetic passing offense like this. Whether it is Kaepernick or Harbaugh or Roman, something substantial will have to change if top FAs will come here.

If I were Crabtree, wouldn't even waste my time listening to a 49er offer unless substantial changes are made in the offensive coaching dept. I would be looking for a legit passing offense that would allow me to use my talent for more than blocking.

Who cares if Crabtree leaves? We have an abundance of possession receivers and this team desperately needs speedy, quick receivers who work double moves , stretch the field vertically and exploit those soft zones vs Seattle.

In addition to new receivers we need a new head coach/OC that knows how to use them.
Share 49ersWebzone