LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by English:
Which Harbaugh has said he doesn't want to consider during the season. So.....no.

How many times does Harbaugh have to explain this?

And Jed. Both are on the same page on this and both tabled the discussion till the offseason. Jed has repeatedly stated he wants Jim has his coach, and hasn't thought about anybody else coaching the 49ers. Repeatedly. So the media is trying to create controversy were there is no controversy - and their reason is to sell newspapers or clicks. Simple as that.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont like the part in the story where they said he wanted more money than Jed wants to pay.

If you're talking about the new, long Seth Wickersham article about him on ESPN, there is nothing in the entire article that even implies that. Did you read that article, or are you talking about something else?

Yes he said Harbaugh wanted too much money.

I read the article carefully and don't recall that comment. If you are referring to his turning down extentions...then it may be more about not wanting to lock in or other matters than money.
Same.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kaepernick--boomer-esiason-dispute-deion-sanders--49ers-locker-room-report-142545220.html
Players and some media don't buy it
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I dont like the part in the story where they said he wanted more money than Jed wants to pay.

If you're talking about the new, long Seth Wickersham article about him on ESPN, there is nothing in the entire article that even implies that. Did you read that article, or are you talking about something else?

If Jed is anything like his Uncle, and they do share a lot of common traits, he'll find the money to keep Harbaugh. AFterall, he was able to come up with the loan and money to start and complete the new stadium when is Uncle could not do it. Also, Harbaugh isn't in it for the money, he loves football. If he didn't he'd be in broadcasting or retired like Brett Farve coaching high school football. He got raises for his assistants first before he asked any money for himself. In fact, he's still on his initial contract and wont' be in discussion for a new contract till after this year. To me that shows me he's more concerned about winning than the money - and I'm not saying he'll coach for peanuts, but rather he wants to prove how good a coach he is this year - when he has all he's wanted from the draft and free agency. And he'll let his body of work this year stand as the bargaining chip for the contract talks in the offseason. He's basically betting on himself. Just like Flacco and other players have bet on themselves and won. Now if he loses, I'm pretty sure he'll still be coaching the 49ers and will sign any extension but it won't be for the money he'll make if he wins the superbowl. He's confident enough in himself and his skills that he's betting on himself. That's how I see it. The media is so off it's ridiculous.
best coach
When it comes to contract time, Jed's gonna be sucking Jim's balls.
Originally posted by 16to87:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kaepernick--boomer-esiason-dispute-deion-sanders--49ers-locker-room-report-142545220.html
Players and some media don't buy it

Interesting link, thanks. "Innuendo isn't reporting."

Come on, man. What's up? That's not in the article. I read it once, then went back to check it again. If you're going to make stuff up, my suggestion is it shouldn't be about something people can just click on and go see for themselves.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Come on, man. What's up? That's not in the article. I read it once, then went back to check it again. If you're going to make stuff up, my suggestion is it shouldn't be about something people can just click on and go see for themselves.

my bad I thought I read that somewhere. sorry for the confusion.
my bad I thought I read that somewhere. sorry for the confusion.

No problem, bro!

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
The most telling part of that ESPN article is the snippet which states York has made it clear if it comes down to the two he's picking Baalke.Tomsula? Really? No offense but come on.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
The most telling part of that ESPN article is the snippet which states York has made it clear if it comes down to the two he's picking Baalke.Tomsula? Really? No offense but come on.

Yeah, I saw that too and wondered, how do you know that? As far as I know, York has said nothing of the sort on anything close to that subject. I think that's just more mind reading.
I look forward to Deion flamming on this one! He could reveal his source(s) but then he'd be ridiculed by journalists and his source(s) would most likely deny saying anything to him. If he doesn't reveal his sources he will try and wait for something to happen that will prove him correct (all the while stirring up more cr*p)--JH being fired or allowed to walk are about the only things that would help Deion out of his mess.

As much as I loved him as a player, is how much I dislike him as a pundit. And a lot of his post career success was a result of the NFL making him the face of the NFL. His last screw up brought him down a bit but I suppose this is his way of making a for a comeback.

If you want to read an interesting article about how he handles problems: Deion recaptures his charter schools.
  • buck
  • Veteran
A word of caution.

1. Everything that we are getting comes from the mass media.
2. Named sources are not necessarily accurate or honest.
3. unnamed sources are not necessarily inaccurate or dishonest.
4. The mere fact that a media story reflects your or my opinion has no bearing on the story's accuracy.
5. Any source that spoke negatively about one of the team leaders (York, Baalke, or Harbaugh) would be a fool to do so publically.
6. The "problems" may not be real or greatly exaggerated
7. If the media can not be trusted, we cannot trust what we are hearing.
7a. Pay attention to what MB and MM have to say. They are our most trustworthy media sources.

In my estimation, this media circus hurts the team.

Each and every member of the 49ers has work to do. Our record is 2-2; there really is some work to do.

The time and energy spent dealing with this media circus or these games should be spent on improving the team's game.

York, Baalke, and Harbaugh have done good work.

I feel no compunction to decide which of them I like better just because there is storm in the media.

And if I did feel the compunction to do so, I would be totally screwed because I do not have a clue about what is really going on.

[ Edited by buck on Oct 2, 2014 at 3:11 PM ]
Just remember, Deion's source wears a suit and tie...

Share 49ersWebzone