LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Excuse me, could you direct me to the Jim Harbaugh thread?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by crake49:
It's going to be a sad day for some people around here early next off season when the Niners extend the contract of the most successful coach they've had since the early 90's.

Hope you aren't reading my posts as anti-Harbaugh. I would extend him, but I'm not in the front office and not privy to his day to day relations with the team. He will be replaced someday...or he will die on the sideline...but you are likely to be correct that he will be extended. As a matter of fact, I believe part of the delay could be forcing him to be reflective and trying to shape his behavior to make him more successful. I've seen this done with people who have limited control and sometimes it works...sometimes it's like Clockwork Orange and the guy loses his fire!

Again, I think the delay is mainly on him. I think he's the one who has said many times now that he doesn't want to set a precedent of negotiating contracts early. And York has confirmed that when they approached him about it, he said it was too early and that was the reason why. This is all just not as complicated as people are assuming. Harbaugh's thing is that you don't negotiate a new contract before going into the final year - he obviously wants to hold himself to the same standard he wants for players and I think that's typical Harbaugh.
Originally posted by kray28:
Every offseason, Baalke looks like a genius with all his draft pick stockpiling and voodoo wheeling and dealing....but a problem seems to occur when the players he picked are actually asked to contribute on the field. He seems to good for quantity.....but not so much for quality. Just my read though.....but it seems the Niners brass is more infatuated with him and wish to hitch their wagons there instead of the guy who actually took the roster that had not clue how to win and took it to the NFCCG the first year he coached it.

How about you explain how the brass are hitching their wagon to Baalke and not Harbaugh? Because this just looks to me like you are making it up.
Mooch inherited a good team, lost players over time, went through a few bad years but made the playoffs the year he was fired. He was on top when he arrived and he was on top when he left. I don't see how his time was so awful.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Every offseason, Baalke looks like a genius with all his draft pick stockpiling and voodoo wheeling and dealing....but a problem seems to occur when the players he picked are actually asked to contribute on the field. He seems to good for quantity.....but not so much for quality. Just my read though.....but it seems the Niners brass is more infatuated with him and wish to hitch their wagons there instead of the guy who actually took the roster that had not clue how to win and took it to the NFCCG the first year he coached it.

How about you explain how the brass are hitching their wagon to Baalke and not Harbaugh? Because this just looks to me like you are making it up.

Not making it up....it's just an observation that Baalke is a suit like the rest of the suits in the front office. Harbaugh isn't. I think Baalke has a better relationship with Jed/ownership as well. So if anyone gets dumped, it'll be Harbaugh well before it is Baalke.
[ Edited by kray28 on Oct 1, 2014 at 11:56 AM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
Mooch inherited a good team, lost players over time, went through a few bad years but made the playoffs the year he was fired. He was on top when he arrived and he was on top when he left. I don't see how his time was so awful.

That post where the guy blamed Mooch for hugging Phillips in the same game that Young got knocked out was complete b******t. No one even knew at the point that Young was done.

I mean, do people actually blame Mooch for ending Young's career? Was it Mooch's idea to sign Philips, or was it a front office desperate to find a replacement for Hearst?
[ Edited by kray28 on Oct 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM ]

Not making it up....it's just an observation that Baalke is a suit like the rest of the suits in the front office. Harbaugh isn't. I think Baalke has a better relationship with Jed/ownership as well. So if anyone gets dumped, it'll be Harbaugh well before it is Baalke.

So the comment about the brass hitching their wagon to Baalke instead of Harbaugh is pure invention on your part? No reason to believe Jed, aka the brass, is doing either? No justification in posting that either will be dumped and if someone is to be dumped no evidence at all that it will be a Harbaugh.

You are just making it up. That you Cohn?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Excuse me, could you direct me to the Jim Harbaugh thread?

haha, point well taken,,, i am the main guilty person and i take responsibility for my illegal actions in this thread today
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

this thread is about JH,, you do not see me running around the place talking about mooch .. i just hate sports talk radio more than espn or print media,, last night i was listening to , I think, yahoo sports radio and some moron was on there claiming and this was a quote,, its obvious the players despise JH.... that s**t infuriates me.. how is it obvious? whether its right or wrong i guess the only way stop this thing is to keep winning and then even morons like that guy last night will keep it alive, for whatever reason
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

That post where the guy blamed Mooch for hugging Phillips in the same game that Young got knocked out was complete b******t. No one even knew at the point that Young was done.

I mean, do people actually blame Mooch for ending Young's career? Was it Mooch's idea to sign Philips, or was it a front office desperate to find a replacement for Hearst?
kray,, i just yelled at mooch for the hug because i hate phillips so much.. i never intended to make that connection that mooch was responsible for youngs premature end,,, i never intended to imply that and i am sorry if that is what it sounded like.. that is what i get for hijacking a thread

Originally posted by DavidWGibson:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by DavidWGibson:
It does tell me something: that during a close game, Kap made a mistake and either didn't know he made a mistake (which you said he knew), or that when his coach is pissed at him he doesn't care. Which means Kap is either a moron, or has lost faith in his coach.

Stirring? Really?

Enjoy being a homer.

Kap said normal procedure on trying to draw team offside is to let clock run down and then call timeout. Harbaugh said in post game interveiw he forgot to tell him to take delay of game. Jim put it all on himself. Now I think kap should have known this, but this situation is really being blown our of proportion.

So I guess we judge people by their words and not their actions now.

You are really trying very hard to make something out of this. Wonder why?

Yes, normal people, people without a hidden agenda, will judge people by the words they speak in calm reflection after the event rather than their interpretation of a physical reaction in the heat of the moment.

And by the way, your first paragraph is nonsense. You take one event and stretch it to extremes, like CK is either a moron or he has lost faith in his HC. BS. Human reactions do not veer simply from the sublime to the ridiculous with no stopping point in between.

Maybe because even mods on this site like to gang up on people with different opinions... Which, from what I understand is not your job.

Normal people, without a hidden agenda, judge people by their actions. ESPECIALLY in the heat of the moment, when that person cannot hide their emotions.

And by the way, you're nonsense. How is that stretching it to extremes? He either had no clue he made a mistake, which would mean he's an idiot... as in, he's an NFL QB who doesn't understand the situation he was in. OR, judging by the reaction of both Kap and JH, Kap didn't care JH was pissed off at him... which means he doesn't give a s**t what the coach thinks. Which means the reports of locker room issues are true. And, since it's all over the media right now, It's not an "extreme."

It's called an educated opinion... you know... taking all the facts and applying them to determine the issue.

Pretend the media just plain has it out for us... Let me know how that works out for you... Maybe you can tell me who killed JFK when the MiB show up to take you away to planet Homer.
Focus, people, focus! This is a Jim Harbaugh thread that's getting into the pressing issue of who's big idea it was to hire Lawrence Phillips back in the 90's.
DavidWGibson, you just posted "and by the way, you're nonsense," thereby breaking one of the forum rules about attacking a poster and not the post, and on top of that, you posted it to a moderator.

That's what I would call living dangerously.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Focus, people, focus! This is a Jim Harbaugh thread that's getting into the pressing issue of who's big idea it was to hire Lawrence Phillips back in the 90's.

thats right people, listen to crake. whose stupid f**king idea was it to bring phillips into this conversation in the first place,? must be a poster child for romper room
Jim Harbaugh is awesome.
Share 49ersWebzone