LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 318 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Well if you go by history, winning is no guarantee of job security for a 49ers head coach.

Look how they did Seifert and Mooch.
mooch did deserve it
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Well if you go by history, winning is no guarantee of job security for a 49ers head coach.

mooch did deserve it

No he didn't. Do you think the 49ers came out on top with Donahue winning that feud? The firing of Mooch was like the Sack of Rome....and starting an 8 year Dark Age that was only ended with the hiring of Harbaugh.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Every offseason, Baalke looks like a genius with all his draft pick stockpiling and voodoo wheeling and dealing....but a problem seems to occur when the players he picked are actually asked to contribute on the field. He seems to good for quantity.....but not so much for quality. Just my read though.....but it seems the Niners brass is more infatuated with him and wish to hitch their wagons there instead of the guy who actually took the roster that had not clue how to win and took it to the NFCCG the first year he coached it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

mooch did deserve it

No he didn't. Do you think the 49ers came out on top with Donahue winning that feud? The firing of Mooch was like the Sack of Rome....and starting an 8 year Dark Age that was only ended with the hiring of Harbaugh.
yes he did. he went into a fetal position during tampa bay and that sealed his doom... now what took place after that was inexcusable. they had no plan to bring in someone better and we payed the price as you said. those are two separate issues to me. mooch was over rated, he was more worried about being a buddy to the players and media, he was a coward and a wuss with no killer instinct and tampa bay sealed it.. i had no issue with the firing but when you do that you better have a plan to bring in someone better, they did not because we had morons in the front office at the time.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Mooch did deserve it.. he tried to play us by sending out a message to Tampa Bay regarding "Site Unseen" bull crap when they were trying to pursue him.. he tried to play the roll so that our management would sign him asap... tho many coaches around the world does the same tactics, Mooch did not deserve to be kept because the players were no longer responding to his style..

Mooch was all TV then, and he's all TV now...

How can you repeatedly keep a sorry ass CB like Darnell Walker for years when he annual proves that he doesnt belong in the league... He was part of the reason why we could never beat Green Bay back then.. and I'm talkin about Mooch, he may be coaching the 49ers, but he knew deep down, the more Favre becomes a success, the more Mooch becomes a legacy...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I was just as pissed that Mooch ran out the clock at the half in Tampa....but never did I want him fired for it. He didn't deserve to be fired for it.
Originally posted by crake49:
It's going to be a sad day for some people around here early next off season when the Niners extend the contract of the most successful coach they've had since the early 90's.

Hope you aren't reading my posts as anti-Harbaugh. I would extend him, but I'm not in the front office and not privy to his day to day relations with the team. He will be replaced someday...or he will die on the sideline...but you are likely to be correct that he will be extended. As a matter of fact, I believe part of the delay could be forcing him to be reflective and trying to shape his behavior to make him more successful. I've seen this done with people who have limited control and sometimes it works...sometimes it's like Clockwork Orange and the guy loses his fire!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Mooch did deserve it.. he tried to play us by sending out a message to Tampa Bay regarding "Site Unseen" bull crap when they were trying to pursue him.. he tried to play the roll so that our management would sign him asap... tho many coaches around the world does the same tactics, Mooch did not deserve to be kept because the players were no longer responding to his style..

Mooch was all TV then, and he's all TV now...

How can you repeatedly keep a sorry ass CB like Darnell Walker for years when he annual proves that he doesnt belong in the league... He was part of the reason why we could never beat Green Bay back then.. and I'm talkin about Mooch, he may be coaching the 49ers, but he knew deep down, the more Favre becomes a success, the more Mooch becomes a legacy...

What.the.f**k.ever.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
then mooch ,like a f**king coward hid in the back of a van when he left niner headquarters,, at least idiot erickson had the guts to do a presser right after he got fired. he also deserved to get fired for giving lawrence phillips a big sloppy hug on a long touchdown run in a worthless monday night game. he was more worried about being a buddy to the players and then when he tried to get tough, in regards to owens,, he looked like a f**king moron. you talk about a coach who let the inmates run the asylum. what he did as a coach after he left us showed me what i needed to know about him. also had we not gotten very lucky with finding garcia mooch would have went the same way as ken meyers in my opinion
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Accept it buddy.. Mooch inherited a very very very talented team.. but in the end, he couldn't drive the bus.. .he didn't do anything to keep the team competetive.. and that showed all the way in Detroit..

If there was a coach that didn't deserve to be let go by the 49ers, or never got the respect that he surely did, it was George Seifert.. By taking over the team, George Seifert put his self in a NO WIN situation..

Win and it's all because of what Walsh left him with, a team that can win even w/o a coach..

His wife said it best, "well, don't screw it up.."

George was not a great coach, but I love the guy.. to this day, i wished that he had not gotten the call from Walsh when he was heading to Cleveland for an interview..

• cciowa
  • Veteran
george is always ahead of mooch to me,, dick nolan is ahead of mooch to me as well
Originally posted by 9moon:
Accept it buddy.. Mooch inherited a very very very talented team.. but in the end, he couldn't drive the bus.. .he didn't do anything to keep the team competetive.. and that showed all the way in Detroit..

If there was a coach that didn't deserve to be let go by the 49ers, or never got the respect that he surely did, it was George Seifert.. By taking over the team, George Seifert put his self in a NO WIN situation..

Win and it's all because of what Walsh left him with, a team that can win even w/o a coach..

His wife said it best, "well, don't screw it up.."

George was not a great coach, but I love the guy.. to this day, i wished that he had not gotten the call from Walsh when he was heading to Cleveland for an interview..

I loved George, but that sceniro following Super Bowl 23 is always one oft biggest niners "what-if" situations. Would holmgren been ready 3 years earlier then when he got his first HC job. The best sceniro would have been bill taking a month off to recharge and then coaching a couple more years before handing it off to mike.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
I loved George, but that sceniro following Super Bowl 23 is always one oft biggest niners "what-if" situations. Would holmgren been ready 3 years earlier then when he got his first HC job. The best sceniro would have been bill taking a month off to recharge and then coaching a couple more years before handing it off to mike.

i think bill said that on many occasions, maybe not the part about giving it to holmgren but never quitting in the first place
Whatever cc said in the last 2 pages...is what I meant.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Whatever cc said in the last 2 pages...is what I meant.
that i believe me what i wrote. mooch he suck for no championship
Share 49ersWebzone