LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Looks to me like players are desperate to re-sign. I'm still waiting for some smoking gun evidence that proves all of what Florio has been saying....

This is the biggest "duh" of all to me. If it's true that the players can't stand Harbaugh, then why have we been able to resign so many guys? Why is it that when guys leave, they talk about how they wish they could've stayed? Why do guys holdout for new contracts instead of trying to force a trade? Wouldn't the players be doing the complete opposite of at least ONE of these things if they couldn't stand Harbaugh?

Two, the talking heads on TV have but one responsibility; that is to keep the conversation going. Doesn't matter if there's no truth whatsoever to what they're saying. None of these guys and gals are journalists. They're hired personalities and nothing more.

Do you really think Randy Moss called anyone up to get an opinion? Name one player currently on the roster that you read about being tight with Randy Moss.

Use your brains people, geez.
Why would players dislike Harbaugh anyway? He's a former player. He sticks up for them. He's totally into the game. He runs around throwing and catching passes during practice. He treats them like family. He doesn't act like a politician. He takes no crap. And they win games and get to the playoffs. What's not to like?

And English hits the nail on the head above. Who is going to be talking to Randy Moss or any ESPN guy for that matter and say something like that? Come on.
Originally posted by baltien:
This is the biggest "duh" of all to me. If it's true that the players can't stand Harbaugh, then why have we been able to resign so many guys? Why is it that when guys leave, they talk about how they wish they could've stayed? Why do guys holdout for new contracts instead of trying to force a trade? Wouldn't the players be doing the complete opposite of at least ONE of these things if they couldn't stand Harbaugh?

Two, the talking heads on TV have but one responsibility; that is to keep the conversation going. Doesn't matter if there's no truth whatsoever to what they're saying. None of these guys and gals are journalists. They're hired personalities and nothing more.

Do you really think Randy Moss called anyone up to get an opinion? Name one player currently on the roster that you read about being tight with Randy Moss.

Use your brains people, geez.

Originally posted by crake49:
Why would players dislike Harbaugh anyway? He's a former player. He sticks up for them. He's totally into the game. He runs around throwing and catching passes during practice. He treats them like family. He doesn't act like a politician. He takes no crap. And they win games and get to the playoffs. What's not to like?

And English hits the nail on the head above. Who is going to be talking to Randy Moss or any ESPN guy for that matter and say something like that? Come on.

These. I can think of only a few players from 2012 that might have a beef with Harbaugh. Brandon Jacobs, A.J. Jenkins, and Randy Moss. Notice how all 3 of those guys are gone. They probably huddled among themselves and b***hed about Harbaugh. They don't speak for the rest of the locker room.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 26, 2014 at 5:05 PM ]

I'm pretty sure Randy Moss made that statement in reference to the time he spent with us.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm pretty sure Randy Moss made that statement in reference to the time he spent with us.

Yes. I am sure our backup RBs wanted touches Moss and other WRs did not want to be decoys Gore wanted a carry on 2nd and 5 goal to go and some defensive players wanted deals then subsequently left us for more money delanie wanted balls. OK moss I get it but this team is fine and guys bought in because we've been a play away three years straight
The story is growing its arc, doubt everywhere, Superbowl 49 is gonna feel so good.
Originally posted by Jcool:
ESPN Insider ‏@ESPNInsider

On Jim Harbaugh: "The jury is out on Jim still," a former GM said. "A lot of people think he's a genius. I'd rather have the other brother."

This is what annoys me. Some hack journalist with an over-sized ego, bitter that Jim Harbaugh doesn't seem to give the media the respect he thinks they deserve so he hisses like a catty middle-school girl about him. Think about what this hack says - the "jury is out" on a coach who has made the NFC championship game each of his first three seasons coaching in the NFL, something no coach in the history of the NFL has EVER done.

Why does anyone even pay attention to these phonies?

People love hearing negative stories about the teams they hate. Now that we are good again, we have to get used to it.
"the jury is still out"

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i still can not believe some good posters here got all nuts about what randy moss said. he has not clue nor do any other of the so called experts know what is taking place inside the locker room. typical chicken s**t media. they decide for whatever reason they hate JH so they make us stuff , hide behind the infamous"source" or "un named source". they do it to just to stir s**t up and based upon a few comments by a few fans who ought to know better around here, they have succeeded . i do not give a flip about what the media thinks, what other players think, what other fans think nor do i care what seattle does
LOL Mike Sando regulates that entire Insider column, that's all you need to know.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Jcool:
ESPN Insider ‏@ESPNInsider

On Jim Harbaugh: "The jury is out on Jim still," a former GM said. "A lot of people think he's a genius. I'd rather have the other brother."

This is what annoys me. Some hack journalist with an over-sized ego, bitter that Jim Harbaugh doesn't seem to give the media the respect he thinks they deserve so he hisses like a catty middle-school girl about him. Think about what this hack says - the "jury is out" on a coach who has made the NFC championship game each of his first three seasons coaching in the NFL, something no coach in the history of the NFL has EVER done.

Why does anyone even pay attention to these phonies?

People love hearing negative stories about the teams they hate. Now that we are good again, we have to get used to it.

Yup. Comes with the territory. Funny how nobody ever puts a name on it. Just an anonymous quote every time, even from people supposedly not in the league anymore and have nothing to lose.

John Madden is actually on record saying what Harbaugh has done his first 3 years is one of the all-time greatest coaching jobs. I think he knows more about coaching than some hack former GM who probably doesn't even exist.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i still can not believe some good posters here got all nuts about what randy moss said. he has not clue nor do any other of the so called experts know what is taking place inside the locker room. typical chicken s**t media. they decide for whatever reason they hate JH so they make us stuff , hide behind the infamous"source" or "un named source". they do it to just to stir s**t up and based upon a few comments by a few fans who ought to know better around here, they have succeeded . i do not give a flip about what the media thinks, what other players think, what other fans think nor do i care what seattle does

When we win it all this year and Harbaugh gets his contract extension, then all the media outlets can eat a big fat D
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
"the jury is still out"

The jury is f**king retarded. Its an open and shut case!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yup. Comes with the territory. Funny how nobody ever puts a name on it. Just an anonymous quote every time, even from people supposedly not in the league anymore and have nothing to lose.

John Madden is actually on record saying what Harbaugh has done his first 3 years is one of the all-time greatest coaching jobs. I think he knows more about coaching than some hack former GM who probably doesn't even exist.

If it is said on espn or fox sports it must be the truth. god i long for the day when we had a meat and potatoes nfl sunday pre game show with brent musburger, irv cross, phyllis george and jimmy the greek and then you turn it over to the play by play guys in pat summerall and tom brookshier
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter

The votes are in, and 30 NFL insiders have Bill Belichick as the league's top-rated coach.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11408205/ranking-32-nfl-head-coaches-tiers?ex_cid=sportscenterTW

Share 49ersWebzone