LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Insider ‏@ESPNInsider

On Jim Harbaugh: "The jury is out on Jim still," a former GM said. "A lot of people think he's a genius. I'd rather have the other brother."
Originally posted by Jcool:

On Jim Harbaugh: "The jury is out on Jim still," a former GM said. "A lot of people think he's a genius. I'd rather have the other brother."

This is not good. Drama is starting to build up with Jim and people are starting speaking up. Randy Moss, and now this former GM dude. Jed needs to extend this guy now otherwise this will be a distraction during the season!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

This is not good. Drama is starting to build up with Jim and people are starting speaking up. Randy Moss, and now this former GM dude. Jed needs to extend this guy now otherwise this will be a distraction during the season!
you are really concerned about what a mysterious former gm said to the insider,, you are worried about what randy moss said? good lord
Originally posted by cciowa:

you are really concerned about what a mysterious former gm said to the insider,, you are worried about what randy moss said? good lord

You obviously didn't watch the video, it was Randy Moss, McNabb, Urlacher, and two other well dressed panelists all in agreement.
So Dez Bryant wants shelve contracts talks with Dallas if an extension isn't reached by week one. Maybe Jerry Jones secretly hates him and wants to trade him too?

I was under the impression that if you aren't signed to a new contract within five minutes after rumors of a dispute hit the media, then everything (negative) said about you is 100% true.

Thats why he's a former GM
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

You obviously didn't watch the video, it was Randy Moss, McNabb, Urlacher, and two other well dressed panelists all in agreement.
again, i could care less about what they say or how they were dressed. moss gave up on us in the biggest game of the year so he means nothing to me. i seriously doubt the rest of those guys have their hands on the pulse of the niner front office or locker room

This is what annoys me. Some hack journalist with an over-sized ego, bitter that Jim Harbaugh doesn't seem to give the media the respect he thinks they deserve so he hisses like a catty middle-school girl about him. Think about what this hack says - the "jury is out" on a coach who has made the NFC championship game each of his first three seasons coaching in the NFL, something no coach in the history of the NFL has EVER done.

Why does anyone even pay attention to these phonies?
Originally posted by crake49:

This is what annoys me. Some hack journalist with an over-sized ego, bitter that Jim Harbaugh doesn't seem to give the media the respect he thinks they deserve so he hisses like a catty middle-school girl about him. Think about what this hack says - the "jury is out" on a coach who has made the NFC championship game each of his first three seasons coaching in the NFL, something no coach in the history of the NFL has EVER done.

The journalist is quoting what a former GM said........

It seriously baffles me that people can still be skeptical of Jim Harbaugh. I've gone on this rant many times, and I'll go on it many more times, but here it goes again: Harbaugh has the second-most wins all-time for a coach in his first three seasons (36 wins; Seifert is first, with 38 wins).

I've read recently that Harbaugh is overrated, that his offensive philosophies are holding the team back. What!? We were five yards away from winning the Super Bowl. We were another play away from making the Super Bowl in his two other seasons. I mean, honestly, what would a "great" coach do? Go 16-0 every season? Score 40 points a game?

And don't get me started on this "can't win the big game nonsense". John Harbaugh and the Ravens would've lost in the divisional round of the 2012 playoffs if it weren't for a fluke hail mary by Flacco to send the game into overtime. Would this "former GM" still prefer John if Broncos' safety Rahim Moore didn't completely botch his coverage in that game and sent them home for the season? Football is a game of inches and, as the Ravens showed, you can't win without luck.

Jim Harbaugh is unquestionably one of the best coaches in the game. Roman may suck (not sure, it's easy to scapegoat him), but Harbaugh absolutely does not.
The greatest start statistically to an NFL headcoaching career.... the jury is still out.

Revived Alex Smith... the jury is still out.

Had the balls to sit Smith and start Kap against all the medias concerns... the jury is still out.

Managed the team to 4-0 without Aldon Smith... the jury is still out.

This is nothing new to the Harbaughs in general, as recent as last year the media was questioning whether John was a good coach. Only believe what you see with this BS, not what you hear.

what did randy moss say??
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by crake49:

The journalist is quoting what a former GM said........

You don't know that. You don't know who said it. You don't know if that guy had a bone to pick. All you know is that some lazy hack engaged in the worst kind of heresay, un-substantiated gossip that a hack can spit out on his ProBook. It's not journalism. I'm not sure what it is, but it's not journalism.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

what did randy moss say??

Yeah, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

One that I don't think you can argue, if the media was going to have an agenda against once HC, it'd be Harbaugh. I've believed that since he was became our HC.
Share 49ersWebzone