There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Harbaugh ain't going nowhere unless Jed wants him to. So far there is not enough losing to make him give Jim the boot. We are winning and Jed is making money. Why the F would he want Jim gone? The only thing we lack is the Lombardi and we are d*** close to that as is! We are in the midst of what could be another game changing summer with 12 or more picks this draft and potentially 6 top 100 then we got a class that redshirted last year along with the cap space to make some critical extensions and bring back some key free agents. There is no way there is anywhere near the unrest that is being reported. There are literally no teams that have it better than us with the exception being SEA right now. Plus the competitor Jim is he wouldn't want to give up the chance to beat Pete's head in twice a year!

Maybe they had a private side bet . . . first one to win a Lombardi banishes the other from the division.
Oh no, a journalist wrote something that may or may not be true. Like that's NEVER happened before. Calm your fkn farm people.
Dang whats going on with our 49ers? Its been a great 3 years but are the wheels falling off??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330209/article/report-jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-with-49ers
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Dang whats going on with our 49ers? Its been a great 3 years but are the wheels falling off??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330209/article/report-jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-with-49ers

This is why our beat writers piss me the hell off. One dude (or chick) qoutes an "anonymous source", next thing you know national media is re-reporting it as fact.
Im not buying into outside sources the players is what matters and the results have proven it
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by dj43:
I agree a coach must have enough passion for the job and the game to be able to inspire confidence in himself and the game plan. However, when that passion spills over into embarrassing situations, players begin to check out. It won't be obvious but it does begin to infect the enthusiasm. In such a violent game, players won't put it all on the line for a coach that is beginning to lose their respect.

The latest Ann Killion article claims that Harbaugh has reached that point with some "face of the franchise" players. If that is true, and none of us know for certain although someone with credibility conveyed it to her, then this coming season is "make-it-or-break it" for sure. A recent anonymous poll of 320 NFL players by ESPN rated head coaches based on who they would most like to play for. The poll claimed to equally represent all 32 teams. Harbaugh came in a rather dismal 8th place in that poll. That poll gives credibility to Killion's anonymous source. (For what it is worth, #8 is about where I would rate him among current NFL coaches.)

Players will continue to play for a coach that they con't particularly like as long as they are winning. However, when they start to lose, things come apart quickly. We have all heard the story of Gore and Kaepernick making up their own play rather than the one Harbaugh sent in. It worked. Stuff like that is not missed by teammates.

I am not on the side of firing Harbaugh now or before the end of this coming season, however, I would not extend him now either. There are warning signs up that should not be missed. This team is still in a window to win and if a change is to be made (after the season) there are good coaches that would love to come here to coach this talent that Baalke has assembled.

Bill Belicheck came in at 6.9% (5th) and from what has been reported does not exactly treat his players the best. But he has 3 Superbowl rings, so players want to play in NE. Rex Ryan came in 4th and he has only won over 9 games as a coach once. Also the article even says Pete Carol came in first in in part because "some might say he won the vote because he's viewed as being soft on players." So i really wouldn't try to use that to try and say that proves Killion's sources are right. If anything it proves them wrong since he got enough votes to make it in #8 out of 32 coaches.

The point is that for a team that just missed another Super Bowl trip, you would think the team and every player around the league would love him and want to play there. The fact he finished 8th shows that a lot of players look at the record and say, "that's nice but I'm not sure I would want to play for someone who is a mad man on the sidelines and has a silly family yell whenever the team wins."
Originally posted by sdniner:
Maybe harbs is the one leaking all these ridiculous stories? Afterall he loves to play me vs the world card

Harbaugh is frank underwood!!! Watch out killion
Harbaugh does need to stop the "who's got it better than us" rally cry. It was nice circa 2011 but here in 2014 its old.
Harbaugh does need to stop the "who's got it better than us" rally cry. It was nice circa 2011 but here in 2014 its old.

and every year someone has had it better than us

Oh God
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

and every year someone has had it better than us

its kinda the point of it...
Guys who rely on quoting unnamed sources are really not who I want to read. Particularly when I'm not aware of any connection they have to the team or players, execs or coaches of the team. On top of that, when the guy calls his write-ups "The Rumor Mill" you just have to dismiss it and get on with walking the dogs...or some other useful activitiy! Unless they are saying what you want to hear...and then you can jump on the computer and post their sage words on the zone.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
The point is that for a team that just missed another Super Bowl trip, you would think the team and every player around the league would love him and want to play there. The fact he finished 8th shows that a lot of players look at the record and say, "that's nice but I'm not sure I would want to play for someone who is a mad man on the sidelines and has a silly family yell whenever the team wins."

Bill Belichick is a 3 time Superbowl winning coach been to 5 Superbowl's and cant crack 10%... NE better fire him fast! John Harbaugh won a Superbowl, seems to be more media friendly and he couldn't crack 4%
[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
That b***h Killion is another Harbaugh hater, she didn't like Harbaugh from the beginning........not surprised she wrote that b******t of an article.............Via PFT
[ Edited by jimrat on Mar 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM ]
I wonder if Harbaugh is going to laugh in all these reporters faces after he signs an extension