LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
I wouldn't be surprised if the "source" is LMJ! he's the only one crying, especially when it comes to playing time and probably cant wait to leave and bash Harbaugh.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Janitor:
I would love for the players to step up and say this report is bogus. Staying silent just confirms to a lot of people that this is true.

Disagree. People say the same thing about Jim/Trent too. Here's my take: This crap is so stupid I'm not going to waste time responding to it every time it happens.

Generally I would agree with you. No need to comment on something so trivial. It just keeps the story alive. But this thing is spiraling out of control. There are dozens of wacky articles being written daily on the subject, and all the sheeple are running with it. Need to extinguish this fire a little bit.

Yeah I get that, but it's lose-lose. If you acknowledge it, it often just fuels the fire.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Players getting tired of his antics?

Do they remember nolan and singletary?

Guess these guys would rather go back to that and losing, than deal with the "antics" of a winning coach.

I don't believe the report. If it's even remotely true I'd put money it's guys like LMJ, not the core dudes. Kap, VD, Gore....it's obvious those dudes love harbaugh.

This. Just ignore the media. They thought Harbs was terse before just wait until this season.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Kevin Lynch seems to corroborate the claim that Harbaugh is wearing thin with the players, but he does not see this as disastrous or surprising.

I do have a good grasp of any inclinations of Lynch.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/03/02/should-we-care-if-players-are-wearing-thin-on-49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh/

edit: More and more, I am feeling that next year is going to be a real challenge.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 2, 2014 at 7:53 PM ]
It's just pathetic both sides are playing this stupid game thru the media
[ Edited by iLL49er on Mar 2, 2014 at 7:56 PM ]
This offseason has gotten off to a real s**tTY f**kING start
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by defenderDX:
This offseason has gotten off to a real s**tTY f**kING start

Free agency starts soon, so that will give reporters something to actually write about.
I would love for the players to step up and say this report is bogus. Staying silent just confirms to a lot of people that this is true.

Disagree. People say the same thing about Jim/Trent too. Here's my take: This crap is so stupid I'm not going to waste time responding to it every time it happens.

Generally I would agree with you. No need to comment on something so trivial. It just keeps the story alive. But this thing is spiraling out of control. There are dozens of wacky articles being written daily on the subject, and all the sheeple are running with it. Need to extinguish this fire a little bit.

I believe it's true 100%. Although there are things I don't like about Harbaugh and I have complained about him in the BIG GAMES and his results there I would easily admit he is 1,000 times better than Nolan and Singletary and Erickson. You don't want to go back to those days either. You need something better lined up or else you got to put up with him. Because in the absense of of something better like Gruden you got to keep Harbaugh.
Free agency starts soon, so that will give reporters something to actually write about.

Writers are being fed nonsense by someone from some side with some motivation in this really pathetic handling of contract talks by both sides. No need to blame writers for reporting nonsense leaked to them for a purpose
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Killion is known for making up s**t

The media can go f**k itself. I am much more fed up with their "act" than anything Harbaugh could do.

Harbaugh has bigger fish to fry than to deal with these leeches.

Short and sweet. It can't be said better than kray here writes. All these small fish with nothin to do; fuk them all. well said bro..

False flag by Moscow to invade Ukraine. Nobody was watching the satellites, all eyes were on twitter lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I wonder if Harbaugh is going to laugh in all these reporters faces after he signs an extension

Unfortunately an extension likely isn't happening anytime soon.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I agree with this take on it:

The 49ers have created a mess by not giving Harbaugh the extension he wants. That is the root of this problem, not Harbaugh being high strung. A lot of successful coaches (Sean Payton? Bill Belichick?) are high strung and not always easy to deal with. That's part of the reason they're successful. And their organizations keep them happy, which is smart. That's just understanding their value. The 49ers are strangely not giving Harbaugh the lucrative extension he deserves, all because they won't pay him as a Super Bowl-winning coach before he wins a Super Bowl. That's just dumb.

What do the 49ers value? Winning, you'd think. Harbaugh has done a tremendous job restoring the 49ers as a top franchise in the NFL. Or is it more important to have a nice-guy head coach who gets along with everyone?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-says-jim-harbaugh-act-worn-thin-49ers-223218732--nfl.html
One thing is for certain: the 49ers won't win any PR wars by just not paying Harbaugh. Who the F cares if York has to shell out to keep a top coach? All fans will care about is why are we letting our great coach leave? Of course I say let him walk if he is some sort of cancer but I don't see it. I also don't want him running our draft and free agency but under no circumstances should he not be coaching this team over a few million dollars. There is no reason most fans will side with management. Pat him on the back pay him and then Jim is obligated to perform like any other employee
Originally posted by Jcool:
I agree with this take on it:

The 49ers have created a mess by not giving Harbaugh the extension he wants. That is the root of this problem, not Harbaugh being high strung. A lot of successful coaches (Sean Payton? Bill Belichick?) are high strung and not always easy to deal with. That's part of the reason they're successful. And their organizations keep them happy, which is smart. That's just understanding their value. The 49ers are strangely not giving Harbaugh the lucrative extension he deserves, all because they won't pay him as a Super Bowl-winning coach before he wins a Super Bowl. That's just dumb.

What do the 49ers value? Winning, you'd think. Harbaugh has done a tremendous job restoring the 49ers as a top franchise in the NFL. Or is it more important to have a nice-guy head coach who gets along with everyone?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-says-jim-harbaugh-act-worn-thin-49ers-223218732--nfl.html

Agree with that.... if true. I'm not convinced it's only about the money, which this article assumes. The rift with Baalke indicates there may be a power struggle. They don't see eye to eye on personnel issues. If Harbs wants more power over the roster written into his next contract, that complicates matters.

Bottom line is, nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes. Not yahoo, ESPN, CSN, Kawakami, Killion...NOBODY.
Share 49ersWebzone