There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
the media hates JH because he is not buddy buddy with them,, they love a coach who tells them everything and is their pal. a huge reason why the media gave so much of a long leash to mooch. in my opinion
So now Florio is saying that jim harbaughs "act" is fading among the players... smh that guy needs to get kicked in the vagina by dawson or someone..
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
the media hates JH because he is not buddy buddy with them,, they love a coach who tells them everything and is their pal. a huge reason why the media gave so much of a long leash to mooch. in my opinion

I strongly disagree with this sentiment.

The media may be fools, but I find Harbaugh's treatment of them to be both not necessary and unprofessional.

The Cohen idiots may have earned his wrath but ..... but Harbaugh's overt public display of disdain for the media does not serve any useful or necessary organizational purpose.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So now Florio is saying that jim harbaughs "act" is fading among the players... smh that guy needs to get kicked in the vagina by dawson or someone..

Ann Killion reported it . . . Florio is repeating it and spinning it with his speculation.
And if you read the Florio article it almost insinuates that the issue is also around Kaps inability to win the last two years. Almost trying to say certain players are turning on him.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I like Google.

[Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2014, 3:25 PM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/02/report-jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-in-the-49ers-locker-room/

Harbaugh saga promises to dominate 49ers' season

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Harbaugh-saga-promises-to-dominate-49ers-season-5281408.php
[ Edited by buck on Mar 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
I strongly disagree with this sentiment.

The media may be fools, but I find Harbaugh's treatment of them to be both not necessary and unprofessional.

The Cohen idiots may have earned his wrath but ..... but Harbaugh's overt public display of disdain for the media does not serve any useful or necessary organizational purpose.

Well lying twisting words and fabricating falsehoods are not exactly professional either. If a guy is an a** report that he's an a**. Don't put out BS and call it news. It sells but it also trashes your own credibility!

He was quoting something Ann Killion reported that "one source with inside knowledge of the team says Harbaugh's act has worn thin in the locker room." She's the female version of Mike Florio for that matter. I always love seeing unnamed sources attached to all these quotes. His act wearing thin could mean anything. Maybe they're tired of "Who's got it better than us?" and are ready for a new slogan after not winning the SB yet, or they think high-fiving old school style is cliché and childish. Who the hell knows. But Florio is seriously hard-up for web traffic, jumping on every little thing like a dog trying to hump anything that moves.
Anybody else getting tired of the media talking about the 9ers "issues" with Harbaugh? Only way I will believe any of it is if Harbaugh is let go. Until then, we shouldn't waste our time on all of this speculation. Its the offseason and the media needs something to talk about.
Yeah, Harbs complete stone walling and saying nothing 38 different ways really isn't helpful to the organization. It doesn't promote the organization. Neither does candidly giving away player or strategy analysis but i think there is a middle ground.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
And if you read the Florio article it almost insinuates that the issue is also around Kaps inability to win the last two years. Almost trying to say certain players are turning on him.

I wonder if GB feels the same way being that Rodgers has lost to Kap the last two years. We got a 4-2 playoff starter over here. Cmon Florio Killion! We could do a lot worse!
Ann Killion's piece was the worse hatchetjob yet. "A niner source" is responsible for everyone of her quotes, but we are expected to take that as gospel.

Harbaugh was actually opening up to the media this year, too. Safe to say that, that's over. His pushback should be legendary, his press conferences will be must see.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Ann Killion's piece was the worse hatchetjob yet. "A niner source" is responsible for everyone of her quotes, but we are expected to take that as gospel.

Harbaugh was actually opening up to the media this year, too. Safe to say that, that's over. His pushback should be legendary, his press conferences will be must see.

I hope his push back is.legendary. f**k those jotos.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Anybody else getting tired of the media talking about the 9ers "issues" with Harbaugh? Only way I will believe any of it is if Harbaugh is let go. Until then, we shouldn't waste our time on all of this speculation. Its the offseason and the media needs something to talk about.

It's because we're the 49ers and it's Harbaugh . . . it's a big story . . . and I'm sure some in the media have a hard-on to take Harbaugh down a few pegs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well lying twisting words and fabricating falsehoods are not exactly professional either. If a guy is an a** report that he's an a**. Don't put out BS and call it news. It sells but it also trashes your own credibility!

I agree. All too frequently, the media does not function professionally. Barrows and MM do seem to be exceptions.

I still do not like Harbaugh's form of dealing with the media, and I have felt that from the beginning of his tenure.