There are 226 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
ya lets get rid of harbaugh and start being f**kin losers again. harbaugh better be here to say. just s**t can roman and get a real OC and i have no problems whatsoever. i bet baalke wants roman gone but harbaugh's too loyal to him. its gotta be something like that, baalke isnt stupid, he sees the talent hes brought to this team and we shouldve been champions the last two years if it wasnt for some very bad playcalling and a little zebra horseplay in the superbowl last year

i think a little roman horseplay or horses**t play calling cost us the super bowl more than calls your point is very well taken in regards to roman being a part of this fiasco
  • buck
  • Veteran
Harbaugh still has two years on his contract.

I pretty confident that Harbaugh will be our head coach next year. I think that is a positive.

I do not believe there is any pressing need to extent his contract before the upcoming season.

The media needs news, and is not beyond fabricating "news", if there isn't enough.

Perhaps, this discussion is a year early.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 2, 2014 at 7:44 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love Harbs.
Originally posted by buck:

I pretty confident that Harbaugh will be our head coach next year. I think that is a positive.

I do not believe there is any pressing need to extent his contract before the upcoming season.

The media needs news, and is not beyond fabricating "news", if there isn't enough.

buck, I think you are right and this FO will end up doing JUST that...look to extend him next year. They extend contracts of young players just as they are stepping into starting roles or after one year of proving themselves (and esp. after developing for years). And they will take a very very analytical and calculated approach. I think they use this spring-board year and position in Harbaugh's contract to ask him to PROVE he can build up a 30th ranked offense and adapt to a more modern-day offense...whether that's with or without Harbaugh's own offenseive staff; and it will be HIS choice. If he continues to be at the bottom and continues to get out coached and we continue to look hamstrung and have poor situational awareness in big games, the FO will have 4 straight years of evidence for negotiations. It's like having Carlos Rogers in his contract year...you prove yourself and you'll get your LT contract. If not, we may still consider extending you but nothing remotely close to top pay at your position.

Trent Baalke's Personnel Philosophy: Trent Baalke said. "This move (on Kilgore's extension) is another example of our philosophy to extend the contracts of our own young players." Indeed, the 49ers have a history of signing promising backups to extensions before they step into starting roles. In December 2011, they worked out an extension with right guard Alex Boone, who has started the past two seasons. In March, they extended nose guard Ian Williams, who started the first two games in 2013 before he sustained a broken ankle. In November, they signed cornerback Tramaine Brock to a four-year, $16 million extension. Brock assumed a starting role near the end of the regular season.
Paraag Marathe's Contract Negotiation Philosophy: "Both sides in a contract negotiation, both sides are using analytics and data to help support -- it's confirmation bias to the max, everybody's trying to find evidence that supports whatever theory or contract demand they want to make," he said. "They can cut it and slice it in a lot of ways that help you. "Here's one that may not help them as much (on ESPN the Magazine article noting CK's 54.6% under pressure last season, the worst mark in the NFL. Meanwhile, he was sacked on 20.2% of snaps when under duress, the fourth-worst rate among starters), so that's why I'm looking forward to reading it." Later in the discussion, Marathe was asked more generally about the importance of a quarterback to a team's success. "That's the single biggest differentiator," he said. "If you can get by with average talent, but if you have a superior quarterback, you'll see the best quarterbacks -- the Hall of Fame quarterbacks -- it doesn't matter what kind of talent they have, even if they have really bad talent around them, they're going to finish 7-9 [or] 8-8. They're never going to go 3-13."

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/177313-2014-team-needs-updates/#qOF0edQuTzLCwSlt.99
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 2, 2014 at 7:54 AM ]
Originally posted by marls:
still Harbs is the best coach in football at the moment, let's not forget that!!

pete carroll says hi
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

do you think that the niners will want to wait till after next season is over to talk extension just to see how good we end up being? or is it just normal not to talk extension to a coach till they finish year four and are entering the final year of the contract? i do not know how these things usually work this talk of a discord and division within the niner house has made a few of us feel that an extension has to be done right now. buck you think that thinking is silly?( please do not misunderstand me, no sarcasm intended . i have no ego to bruise so tell me if I am silly to think that way in your opinion)
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

do you think that the niners will want to wait till after next season is over to talk extension just to see how good we end up being? or is it just normal not to talk extension to a coach till they finish year four and are entering the final year of the contract? i do not know how these things usually work this talk of a discord and division within the niner house has made a few of us feel that an extension has to be done right now. buck you think that thinking is silly?( please do not misunderstand me, no sarcasm intended . i have no ego to bruise so tell me if I am silly to think that way in your opinion)

First, I do not know what is a normal timeframe for extending a coaches contract.

Second, the degree of negativity that has arisen in the media does not seem normal, especially for a winning coach or for a winning general manager.

I do not think anything about this "situation" should be considered silly. I find this public negativity more than a little disconcerting to say the least.

There seems to be a somewhat premeditated effort to build pressure on Jed York. If I were Jed York, I would not allow increased pressure to force me into making a immediate, perhaps, premature decision.

I do not know what the devil is happening, and there is a chance that this public storm is no more than a contingent confluence of three disparate factors.

1. Media discontent with Harbaugh's treatment of the media.
2. Lombardi's displeasure over the 49ers decision to hire Baalke and not him
3. Efforts by Harbaugh and/or his agent to gain leverage in the contract negotiation.

But, truth be told; I know next to nothing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the media hates JH because he is not buddy buddy with them,, they love a coach who tells them everything and is their pal. a huge reason why the media gave so much of a long leash to mooch. in my opinion
So now Florio is saying that jim harbaughs "act" is fading among the players... smh that guy needs to get kicked in the vagina by dawson or someone..
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
the media hates JH because he is not buddy buddy with them,, they love a coach who tells them everything and is their pal. a huge reason why the media gave so much of a long leash to mooch. in my opinion

I strongly disagree with this sentiment.

The media may be fools, but I find Harbaugh's treatment of them to be both not necessary and unprofessional.

The Cohen idiots may have earned his wrath but ..... but Harbaugh's overt public display of disdain for the media does not serve any useful or necessary organizational purpose.

Originally posted by gold49digger:
So now Florio is saying that jim harbaughs "act" is fading among the players... smh that guy needs to get kicked in the vagina by dawson or someone..

Ann Killion reported it . . . Florio is repeating it and spinning it with his speculation.
And if you read the Florio article it almost insinuates that the issue is also around Kaps inability to win the last two years. Almost trying to say certain players are turning on him.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I like Google.

[Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2014, 3:25 PM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/02/report-jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-in-the-49ers-locker-room/

Harbaugh saga promises to dominate 49ers' season

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Harbaugh-saga-promises-to-dominate-49ers-season-5281408.php
[ Edited by buck on Mar 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM ]
I strongly disagree with this sentiment.

The media may be fools, but I find Harbaugh's treatment of them to be both not necessary and unprofessional.

The Cohen idiots may have earned his wrath but ..... but Harbaugh's overt public display of disdain for the media does not serve any useful or necessary organizational purpose.

Well lying twisting words and fabricating falsehoods are not exactly professional either. If a guy is an a** report that he's an a**. Don't put out BS and call it news. It sells but it also trashes your own credibility!

He was quoting something Ann Killion reported that "one source with inside knowledge of the team says Harbaugh's act has worn thin in the locker room." She's the female version of Mike Florio for that matter. I always love seeing unnamed sources attached to all these quotes. His act wearing thin could mean anything. Maybe they're tired of "Who's got it better than us?" and are ready for a new slogan after not winning the SB yet, or they think high-fiving old school style is cliché and childish. Who the hell knows. But Florio is seriously hard-up for web traffic, jumping on every little thing like a dog trying to hump anything that moves.
Share 49ersWebzone