LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Man I can give a **** what Harbaugh has to say about the fans reactions to Alex Smith! I'm sick of spending my hard earned money at these games watching below average QB play let alone bad team play. I watched Alex play up close with my own eyes since he's been on the team and personally I want him gone! So the only way that my opinion will change is that Alex steps up his play to my satisfaction. Now there are other players on the team that I and others aren't satisfied with as well but you don't get questioned for it. But if don't have a positive thought for #11 the defenders of the universe come out to argue it.

Now I understand that there are Alex supporters who still have faith in him. I know he will be the starter and the Niner fan in me will end up rooting him on. In the meantime I don't need anyone to tell me when to cheer or boo Mr. Smith and not voice my opinion negatively. I have six years of play to judge him on. I know he has not had the best of circumstances but after the 2006 season no one was talking circumstances then. Matter of fact many thought it was the "Rise Of The Pheonix".

I will close with this just because Harbaugh believes in Alex doesn't mean I'm going to fall in line with it. Change my mind by December with better QB play from him period.
okay i just watched the video and whats fresh in my mind more like veins right now is that if Jim H. would of been one of my sargents in the corps and he back up one of the "troops" like that againts the "officers" (fans) i would ATTACK any hill for the man...i mean we all have to admit alex did not have a good chance..think of the names rattay, nowin, dingleberry, RG #77, LG j. glass jennings, barlow (after he got paid),our TE was e.johnson was okay but not a mauler so he was let go. our gaurds we traded and they did well at other teams. we did have larry allen but that was at the end of his glorrious carrer with dallas..lets now talk wide reciever battle had heart but was banged up,b. loyeds heart was more into his rap career while he was with us..and the great darn his name draws a blank but he was at the end of his glorious career with the rams....Jim H even understands what its like for a family to have to read this stuff calls it out there backing up not just a smith but to the troops in my opinion hes warrior leader type material.. i mean i really cant explain it maybe cause im a die hard niner fan and just need to grasp on to something positive anyway footballs a great diversion for us fans...remember im a noob
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerfansSuck:
You dicks make me want to puke!! I've been a niners fan since 1987 when I was 8 years old and like all I loved the days of Montana, Rice, Taylor, Lott, Craig but I'll be damned if I would sit here and b***h about the team I love. I don't like the recent moves that have been made but I have enough sense to understand that Coach Harbaugh knows a s**t load more about football than I probably ever will. So I should just STFU and enjoy Football without being a little b***h.

All I see on this site (been monitoring for about a year now) is a bunch of whiny little f**ks. I can see why a bunch of players want to jump ship...because of you a*****es! Maybe that's why Coach Harbaugh said that about you guys throwing Alex under the bus because that's all a lot of you do and some of the players would rather go somewhere else where they don't have to deal with the most fickle, worst fans on earth. So sit behind your computers and b***h about the Football team you supposedly love, I'll continue to hope that you get the opportunity to b***h at a player themselves (instead of trolling on the internet) and they put their fist through your s**t eating faces.

49ers All the Way!! The Fickle ass Fan base needs to wash their mouths out with some BUCKSHOT!!!!

Not the way he should have said it but he's right. NT has the feel of being in a room full of old, nagging women.

You mean ................... It isn't?

How ironic that I'm getting an English lesson from English. THX

I thought he meant that it is actually full of nagging old women, it doesn't just feel that way.
...And I would right with you on the way of the hill. Great post.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
First off that is not what he said. He said his team threw him under the bus (true) and the fans disrespected him with what we pretty much say in the forums and blogs.

If this is the case, the title of this thread should be changed. I have no problem with him seeing us booing Smith as disrespectful. He's the coach. He should support his players.

But the truth is we blame everyone who has contributed to the losing. By that standard, we've disrespected Nolan, Sing, the Yorks, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, Dennis Erickson, Terry Donahue, McCloughen, etc... Some of you can call it whining all you want, but if you want to be a part of fan base that doesn't get pissed off with perpetual losing, there are plenty of openings in the Jacksonville Jaguar passionless fan base.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Jul 31, 2011 at 14:15:38 ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I'm actually from Salt Lake and have watched Alex since his first snap. A guy that I work with knows some friends of Alex's that live in the Bay. He sais that they can hardly go out because of how people treat them. He sais that people have done some messed up things to their house. Such as toilet papering, leaving death threats and more. And this is all because they are his friends.

Now not sure how much truth is in this, but the guy doesn't seem to be a liar. He is also a Ute season ticket holder and went to school with Alex. Again this isn't 100% a proven fact but seeing how emotional fans are around here, I defiantly believe it.

There was a guy on this site who bragged about jeering at Smith's wife during the Eagles game.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
First off that is not what he said. He said his team threw him under the bus (true) and the fans disrespected him with what we pretty much say in the forums and blogs.

If this is the case, the title of this thread should be changed. I have no problem with him seeing us booing Smith as disrespectful. He's the coach. He should support his players.

But the truth is we blame everyone who has contributed to the losing. By that standard, we've disrespected Nolan, Sing, the Yorks, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, Dennis Erickson, Terry Donahue, McCloughen, etc... Some of you can call it whining all you want, but if you want to be a part of fan base that doesn't get pissed off with perpetual losing, there are plenty of openings in the Jacksonville Jaguar fan base.

Uh, it says it right on Espn article title "Harbaugh says 49ers,fans threw Alex under the bus. I'm not changed an accurate title sorry!
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
I love Harbaugh but what does he expect when Alex was the #1 overall pick and we had the chance to draft A. Rodgers and then watch Rodgers succeed and win a Super Bowl.

Again, JH is saying what he needs to say to pump up his QB9Whether you like it ot not, Alex is OUR Starter), to give him confidence and let him know, he has his back!

Yeah, but at the same time pissing off the fan base. I got no problem with pumping up a guy,but you don't tear down the fan base in the process.

He knows if he wins the fan base will be happy and if he loses they won't. Simple as that. He is probably thinking it is more important to develop trust and chemistry within his own team than worry about what the fickle fan base thinks.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerfansSuck:
You dicks make me want to puke!! I've been a niners fan since 1987 when I was 8 years old and like all I loved the days of Montana, Rice, Taylor, Lott, Craig but I'll be damned if I would sit here and b***h about the team I love. I don't like the recent moves that have been made but I have enough sense to understand that Coach Harbaugh knows a s**t load more about football than I probably ever will. So I should just STFU and enjoy Football without being a little b***h.

All I see on this site (been monitoring for about a year now) is a bunch of whiny little f**ks. I can see why a bunch of players want to jump ship...because of you a*****es! Maybe that's why Coach Harbaugh said that about you guys throwing Alex under the bus because that's all a lot of you do and some of the players would rather go somewhere else where they don't have to deal with the most fickle, worst fans on earth. So sit behind your computers and b***h about the Football team you supposedly love, I'll continue to hope that you get the opportunity to b***h at a player themselves (instead of trolling on the internet) and they put their fist through your s**t eating faces.

49ers All the Way!! The Fickle ass Fan base needs to wash their mouths out with some BUCKSHOT!!!!

Not the way he should have said it but he's right. NT has the feel of being in a room full of old, nagging women.

You mean ................... It isn't?

How ironic that I'm getting an English lesson from English. THX

I thought he meant that it is actually full of nagging old women, it doesn't just feel that way.

Oh sht! My bad. Sorry English
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

But the truth is we blame everyone who has contributed to the losing. By that standard, we've disrespected Nolan, Sing, the Yorks, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, Dennis Erickson, Terry Donahue, McCloughen, etc... Some of you can call it whining all you want, but if you want to be a part of fan base that doesn't get pissed off with perpetual losing, there are plenty of openings in the Jacksonville Jaguar fan base.

Uh, it says it right on Espn article title "Harbaugh says 49ers,fans threw Alex under the bus. I'm not changed an accurate title sorry!

Calm down dude! I said IF that's the case.

Cry me a river Alex Smith sucks. He's too inconsistent. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to get him over Aaron Rodgers should be shot. I don't want to even hear at the time, at the time. Rodgers pro offense, Smith a spread. Look what happened.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
This is absolutely ignorant. When you play poorly for 6 years, you are going to get boo'd and fans do not want you playing for their team.

agree, plus, why the hell did Alex get a 1 year contract, instead of 5 yrs, and why did he trade up for CK..?

I guess we all threw Alice under the bus including him... but ohh well, he'll find out for himself 5 games into the season

Alice? That's exactly what he means. Is that not throwing a player under the bus? I can agree with some of your post, but it's the constant bashing and negativety yall bring that he's talking about.

I see nothing wrong with what he said.

dude, at this point I careless if ALEX starts or not... our roster looks bad, just saying

Doesn't defy the point that he is correct in his assesment IMO. Alex is not the only reason we have lost every game but yet people insist that he is. Coaching, WR's, Oline had absolutely nothing to do with. So getting mad at Harbaugh for saying we as a fanbase are blaming every little detail on "Alice" is un warrented because it's quite frankly the truth.

The QB is the most important position on the field. If Alex Bust Smith was great he would get the credit. Since he stinks he should get the blame. That is what happens in every city around the league.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Here's a great example: one of our esteemed Niner fan mates is referring to Alex Smith as "Alice."

Very interesting. I watched as Alex Smith came back in a matter of weeks from a severely separated throwing shoulder and tried to play with it. Have any of you knowledgeable NFL fans EVER seen a QB do that? Who? When? Have any of you ever had a severely separated shoulder? Do you have any idea what that feels like?

For all the time I've been watching the NFL, a period of five decades, a severely separated throwing arm shoulder has been a season ender - injured reserve - done for the year. Alex Smith is the only QB I've ever seen try to come back in the same season and play with one... And somebody around here is referring to him as "Alice."

Un-fricking-believable! You can rightly complain about his results, but please don't pretend he's not a gamer, not a tough guy or a stand-up guy. That's just a horrible take - completely at odds with reality.

Beat me to it! You can disagree with Smith being the QB without making derogatory comments.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 31, 2011 at 14:27:28 ]
Alex Bust Smith should really be on a plane out of SF. Alex Bust Smith is one of the worst QB's in Niner history. He's not a true Niner QB. Jim Harbaugh is an idiot.
Originally posted by Nighner:
Alex Bust Smith should really be on a plane out of SF. Alex Bust Smith is one of the worst QB's in Niner history. He's not a true Niner QB. Jim Harbaugh is an idiot.

JayBee?
Share 49ersWebzone