LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Harbaugh should be blaming Bill Walsh for giving 49ers fans 20 years of good quarterbacking by which we judge Alex Smith's mediocre skills. Or blame the last eight years of crappy coaching. Either way, its not the fans fault Alex plays the way he does or was not properly developed.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
This is absolutely ignorant. When you play poorly for 6 years, you are going to get boo'd and fans do not want you playing for their team.

agree, plus, why the hell did Alex get a 1 year contract, instead of 5 yrs, and why did he trade up for CK..?

I guess we all threw Alice under the bus including him... but ohh well, he'll find out for himself 5 games into the season
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I love Harbaugh but what does he expect when Alex was the #1 overall pick and we had the chance to draft A. Rodgers and then watch Rodgers succeed and win a Super Bowl.
He was asked to explain 'thrown under the bus', and he said that A. Smith was getting more of the blame as a qb which goes with being a qb. Harbaugh was talking like an ex-qb. Wasn't that big of a deal to me. This board is getting blown up about this.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
I love Harbaugh but what does he expect when Alex was the #1 overall pick and we had the chance to draft A. Rodgers and then watch Rodgers succeed and win a Super Bowl.

Again, JH is saying what he needs to say to pump up his QB9Whether you like it ot not, Alex is OUR Starter), to give him confidence and let him know, he has his back!
  • Jiks
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Jiks.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
This is absolutely ignorant. When you play poorly for 6 years, you are going to get boo'd and fans do not want you playing for their team.

agree, plus, why the hell did Alex get a 1 year contract, instead of 5 yrs, and why did he trade up for CK..?

I guess we all threw Alice under the bus including him... but ohh well, he'll find out for himself 5 games into the season

Alice? That's exactly what he means. Is that not throwing a player under the bus? I can agree with some of your post, but it's the constant bashing and negativety yall bring that he's talking about.

I see nothing wrong with what he said.
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:

Again, JH is saying what he needs to say to pump up his QB9Whether you like it ot not, Alex is OUR Starter), to give him confidence and let him know, he has his back!

Yeah, but at the same time pissing off the fan base. I got no problem with pumping up a guy,but you don't tear down the fan base in the process.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
49er fans are pretty annoying

I agree. And no wonder we are called whiners. I love my Niners though but our fan base is fickle
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Understandable, I hope he succeeds but......................

[ Edited by jimrat201 on Jul 31, 2011 at 12:54:01 ]
Alex may have failed even if he started his career in a stable franchise. But thus far his time in SF could be the ultimate blueprint on how NOT to develop a young QB. Nolan and McCloughan threw Smith under the bus and many of the fans backed it over him.

Harbaugh is a player's coach. If he's gotta change Alex's maxi pads to get the most out of him that's what he's going to do.

I have no problem at all with him saying this. Alex is our man this year, and we can't have the crowd turning on him like they did in the Philly game and expect a playoff run.

Most level headed fans agree with Harbaugh that Alex is our best chance to win this year. It's time to give him and Harbaugh a clean slate, and we know we'll move on if it doesn't work.
he is right. Alex has never been given a shot with a real OC and QB guy.

And whenever we have hope and it is dashed, we throw Alex under the bus. Its true.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
What bunch of whinny babies. He isnt saying anything bad about you. He said the team and fans threw him under the bus. BIG DEAL it is the truth some of the fans did lay the blame for the teams poor performance on A. Smith. LOL obviously A. Smith has thicker skin that you people.
Alex smith jumped under the bus over and over again! Can't blame the fans for expecting a no. 1 pick to perform like a #1 pick.
Originally posted by fakers23:

Yeah, but at the same time pissing off the fan base. I got no problem with pumping up a guy,but you don't tear down the fan base in the process.

the fans are always pissed off. we are known as the whiners
Share 49ersWebzone