LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
i would trade harbaugh, but only if said trade brought SDHawk to seahawks.net, then it would be worth it to me.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I'm prepared for dark times the way Jed is handling Harbaugh. He deserves an extension. The only fault I can see with Harbaugh is that his offense hasn't gotten better the last 3 years.

Why do peeps thin Jed is mistreating Harbaugh? LOL. Harbaugh has only coached 3 years. He has 2 years left on his contract and stated during the season that they were going to try to extend him.

Nothing has changed. The media is going nuts, but the 49ers are going to extend him. Everyone needs to settle down.

This.

Since harbaugh's name has been associated with us he was going to michigan, then miami for sure, then UT Austin, now its the browns lol
Then harbaugh allegedly drives everyone nuts and doesng jive well with baalke.

None of these reports are substatiated by anyone And people keep falling for it.
this s**t is easy to figure out. the 49ers and harbaugh are in a negotiation. that weasel Lombardi tried inserting himself and the browns into the deal and when it didn't work the browns s**t canned Lombardi. All this noise is just the chickens clucking after the fire.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I'm prepared for dark times the way Jed is handling Harbaugh. He deserves an extension. The only fault I can see with Harbaugh is that his offense hasn't gotten better the last 3 years.

Why do peeps thin Jed is mistreating Harbaugh? LOL. Harbaugh has only coached 3 years. He has 2 years left on his contract and stated during the season that they were going to try to extend him.

Nothing has changed. The media is going nuts, but the 49ers are going to extend him. Everyone needs to settle down.

This.

Since harbaugh's name has been associated with us he was going to michigan, then miami for sure, then UT Austin, now its the browns lol

None of these reports are substatiated by anyone And people keep falling for it.

its the new age of "reporting". throw enough s**t against the wall and hope some sticks
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This.

its the new age of "reporting". throw enough s**t against the wall and hope some sticks

Yup. Reporting was once respectable. Now its all about money. Eveyone wants to be the new TMZ.
i would trade harbaugh, but only if said trade brought SDHawk to seahawks.net, then it would be worth it to me.

This
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

This

I got an account on Seahawks.net right now.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

This

I got an account on Seahawks.net right now.....

oh we believe it. its just pathetic the absolutes you deal with. so and so cant win the big one, this guy cant do this or that. you're one of those who says this or that will never happen then when it does you move on to the next thing you claim will never happen. the way you've penciled in the seahawks for future championships is pathetic. yeah they're good, so are we and so are others and given how long its been since anyone even came close to repeating its just sad you're already rolling with that angle less than a week after they won.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

[ Edited by Garcia on Feb 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by barrymartin:
If Jed f**ks this one up he will absolutely lose a huge portion of his fan base, including me. Why quibble over 2-3 million when QB's are being paid $20M? Illogical, irrational, just plain stupid. And the number doesn't go onto the cap. Who is the most important person in a franchise...The Coach. How many Harbaughs are there out there?

What message is this giving Jim? He came in here and brought this franchise back from the dead. York and Co had a series of disasterous coaching choices. They lucked out on this one. He took less money than Miami because he believed in the management team and the players. He then goes to the NFC championship the first year after a lockout and resurrects Alex Smith. Second Year and third year he goes to the Superbowl and nearly wins both games. Who has every done anything like this? The difference between having won to rings and what he has done is miniscule when evaluating a seasons worth of football.

It is easy to argue there is no one his equal in football today and he's still learning...Look at how look it took Belicheck to get where he is, how he fumbled around in Cleveland. Harbaugh is only going to get better. Tell him you totally believe in him and make him the highest paid coach in the league. This vote of confidence will be repaid back 10 times by the obsessed workaholic that Harbaugh is. He would bleed for a franchise that treated him like that. God, I hope someone gives Jed a reality check quickly before he sours Harbaugh on this franchise and he moves on to someone who will give him what he deserves in salary and even more control over the player selection. If he leaves, so do I, having given up all desire to support the stupid, arrogant and ungrateful Yorks.

Quote from Barrows:

"Jed York, the 49ers' team owner, issued a terse and pointed denial of the report that the 49ers and Browns nearly pulled off a deal that would have sent Jim Harbaugh to Cleveland in return for multiple draft picks. The report said that Harbaugh ultimately nixed the deal. York took to Twitter to write, "report isn't true."

Hours later, ESPN's Ed Werder Tweeted that Harbaugh had sent him a text message that reads: "I echo Jed York's comment - isn't true. I know nothing about a trade between the Cleveland Browns and us, involving me."

So ease up on the paranoia and the invective.

I would disagree this is totally paranoia and that it is resolved by the "terse" statements of Jed York or Harbaugh. We've seen them say one thing and a totally different thing was true. Also it appears there was likely some truth to the Florio story.
My point is this. They should have taken care of him last year, or be well on their way to resolving this now, per all my points above. I stand on my statements about Jed York. If he is quibling over a few million with Harbaugh's new contact it is IMHO, stupidity. It shows a lack of perspective on why this franchise has turned around and his role as owner in insuring the future success of this franchise.
[ Edited by barrymartin on Feb 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM ]

If Jed f**ks this one up he will absolutely lose a huge portion of his fan base, including me. Why quibble over 2-3 million when QB's are being paid $20M? Illogical, irrational, just plain stupid. And the number doesn't go onto the cap. Who is the most important person in a franchise...The Coach. How many Harbaughs are there out there?

What message is this giving Jim? He came in here and brought this franchise back from the dead. York and Co had a series of disasterous coaching choices. They lucked out on this one. He took less money than Miami because he believed in the management team and the players. He then goes to the NFC championship the first year after a lockout and resurrects Alex Smith. Second Year and third year he goes to the Superbowl and nearly wins both games. Who has every done anything like this? The difference between having won to rings and what he has done is miniscule when evaluating a seasons worth of football.

It is easy to argue there is no one his equal in football today and he's still learning...Look at how look it took Belicheck to get where he is, how he fumbled around in Cleveland. Harbaugh is only going to get better. Tell him you totally believe in him and make him the highest paid coach in the league. This vote of confidence will be repaid back 10 times by the obsessed workaholic that Harbaugh is. He would bleed for a franchise that treated him like that. God, I hope someone gives Jed a reality check quickly before he sours Harbaugh on this franchise and he moves on to someone who will give him what he deserves in salary and even more control over the player selection. If he leaves, so do I, having given up all desire to support the stupid, arrogant and ungrateful Yorks.

Quote from Barrows:

"Jed York, the 49ers' team owner, issued a terse and pointed denial of the report that the 49ers and Browns nearly pulled off a deal that would have sent Jim Harbaugh to Cleveland in return for multiple draft picks. The report said that Harbaugh ultimately nixed the deal. York took to Twitter to write, "report isn't true."

Hours later, ESPN's Ed Werder Tweeted that Harbaugh had sent him a text message that reads: "I echo Jed York's comment - isn't true. I know nothing about a trade between the Cleveland Browns and us, involving me."

I would disagree this is totally paranoia and that it is resolved by the "terse" statements of Jed York or Harbaugh. We've seen them say one thing and a totally different thing was true. Also it appears there was likely some truth to the Florio story.
My point is this. They should have taken care of him last year, or be well on their way to resolving this now, per all my points above. I stand on my statements about Jed York. If he is quibling over a few million with Harbaugh's new contact it is IMHO, stupidity. It shows a lack of perspective on why this franchise has turned around and his role as owner in insuring the future success of this franchise.

As I said to another poster, both the owner and the coach have denied it. The credibility of those making these assertions (that the deal was nearly done, I have little doubt an initial approach may have been made) is not good. So I propose to wait and see.

I simply do not understand your comment about renegotiating his contract last year. He was two years into a five year contract. There was no reason or purpose in a renegotiation. Coaches salaries are not under the cap, and he was not having to stand out on the streets busking to feed his family.
Teams often float all sorts of misdirection stuff at the combine so who knows!? I'm not too worried as the ship has been turned, there are two more years under the contract and the team has a host of picks! What's not to like? Can't worry about every crazy...wait...yes we can!

Quote from Barrows:

As I said to another poster, both the owner and the coach have denied it. The credibility of those making these assertions (that the deal was nearly done, I have little doubt an initial approach may have been made) is not good. So I propose to wait and see.

I simply do not understand your comment about renegotiating his contract last year. He was two years into a five year contract. There was no reason or purpose in a renegotiation. Coaches salaries are not under the cap, and he was not having to stand out on the streets busking to feed his family.

Whether it is true, Barrows and others reported that they sat down to discuss an extension last year but there was a difference of opinion on his value. The same has been reported by a number of outlets this year, ie Jed things it's less than being paid like one of the top coaches. And your right, English...None of really know what is going on. I still have bad vibes about the Yorks from the past. Time to let that go and just wait and see what actually happens in the future. As we've all seen, so much that comes out in the press is simply waaayyy off base. Thanks for reflecting how I chose to believe my opinion was reality, which only a few on the inside know for sure.
Originally posted by 1981_Champions:
Honest is fine. Batsh*t nuts is another thing altogether.

Do you remember Jim in the NFL? Did you follow Harbaugh coaching in college? Or you aware of his upbringing? Do you read his quotes in the media?

You think Jim is gonna stick around for 8+ years? His longest coaching tenures are 7 years @ Western Kentucky (unpaid Assistant) and 3 years @ Stanford. His longest playing tenures were 6 years with the Bears and 3 years with the Colts.

That's just not the individual he is. He comes in guns blazing and sooner than later wears out his welcome.

so he should have stayed with Western Kentucky as an unpaid assistant? or accept a paying job as a qb coach with raiders, which eventually led to a HC job at SDSU, then Stanford, then SF.

Why would he have stuck around if he could advance.

also his dad left WK, which Im sure prompted Jim to leave from there as well.

His playing tenure has nothing to do with him. Its a business, teams find new players, others move on.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by 1981_Champions:
Honest is fine. Batsh*t nuts is another thing altogether.

Do you remember Jim in the NFL? Did you follow Harbaugh coaching in college? Or you aware of his upbringing? Do you read his quotes in the media?

You think Jim is gonna stick around for 8+ years? His longest coaching tenures are 7 years @ Western Kentucky (unpaid Assistant) and 3 years @ Stanford. His longest playing tenures were 6 years with the Bears and 3 years with the Colts.

That's just not the individual he is. He comes in guns blazing and sooner than later wears out his welcome.

so he should have stayed with Western Kentucky as an unpaid assistant? or accept a paying job as a qb coach with raiders, which eventually led to a HC job at SDSU, then Stanford, then SF.

Why would he have stuck around if he could advance.

also his dad left WK, which Im sure prompted Jim to leave from there as well.

His playing tenure has nothing to do with him. Its a business, teams find new players, others move on.

Those numbers sound on par with average careers in the private sector - you bounce around to a different company every 3-5 years or so.
Share 49ersWebzone