LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Anyone who wants to or thinks it would be fine to trade away Harbaugh is an utter jackass. He's the reason the 49ers are where they are today. The York track record in hiring head coaches has been awful with the exception of Harbaugh, why would you be ok with jettisoning the beacon of light for a franchise that was a laughing stock until his arrival.

The hot air about "not being able to win the big game is horses**t". It's the man's fourth season coming up. Name me one other coach who has done in his first three years what Harbaugh has done?

I'll wait....

If Jed f**ks this one up he will absolutely lose a huge portion of his fan base, including me. Why quibble over 2-3 million when QB's are being paid $20M? Illogical, irrational, just plain stupid. And the number doesn't go onto the cap. Who is the most important person in a franchise...The Coach. How many Harbaughs are there out there?

What message is this giving Jim? He came in here and brought this franchise back from the dead. York and Co had a series of disasterous coaching choices. They lucked out on this one. He took less money than Miami because he believed in the management team and the players. He then goes to the NFC championship the first year after a lockout and resurrects Alex Smith. Second Year and third year he goes to the Superbowl and nearly wins both games. Who has every done anything like this? The difference between having won to rings and what he has done is miniscule when evaluating a seasons worth of football.

It is easy to argue there is no one his equal in football today and he's still learning...Look at how look it took Belicheck to get where he is, how he fumbled around in Cleveland. Harbaugh is only going to get better. Tell him you totally believe in him and make him the highest paid coach in the league. This vote of confidence will be repaid back 10 times by the obsessed workaholic that Harbaugh is. He would bleed for a franchise that treated him like that. God, I hope someone gives Jed a reality check quickly before he sours Harbaugh on this franchise and he moves on to someone who will give him what he deserves in salary and even more control over the player selection. If he leaves, so do I, having given up all desire to support the stupid, arrogant and ungrateful Yorks.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are shopping him IMO because they don't want to pay his long term high salary and that's fine by me since he obviously has shown he CANT WIN THE BIG GAME over and over and over. So ship him out. I'd trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. Or 1st round plus Josh Gordon to the Browns. Those are good deals for us.

Let me see...Three NFC championship games his first three years and the Superbowl for the last two. Got within one play of winning both. The first year he was coach of the year. Resurrrected Alex Smith's career and a franchise that was a catastrophe for a decade. Best winning record of all coaches the last there years. He's won every where he has been. Players love him. He's only going to get smarter, better and more astute at the pro game.

This meme "he can't win the big game" has become an irrational reason to think we should dump him for someone like Pete Carrol or a couple of first round picks. You simply have to be kidding me. How do you have any clue that he won't win the superbowl next year? He's won a whole lot of "big" playoff and other games already. We've been in the playoffs every year he has been here after a decade of not sniffing it....What are all these fans thinking who are so quick to dump him????
Make him Coach/GM. Pay the Man and give him Authority over personnel descisions too. Hate to Lose this guy.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
How quickly we forget. Wish they would just pay the man so these threads would stop.

Agreed. It is amazing how unappreciative and quick to trash some people on this board are. He is the best thing that has happened to this franchise in decades. Simply astounding how immature some minds can be.
They are shopping him IMO because they don't want to pay his long term high salary and that's fine by me since he obviously has shown he CANT WIN THE BIG GAME over and over and over. So ship him out. I'd trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. Or 1st round plus Josh Gordon to the Browns. Those are good deals for us.
This comment should be reported as 'Offensive' you have got go be kidding right? Yeah let's rewind to the Dennis Erickson/Mike Nolan/Singletary days. YOU'VE LOST YOUR DAMN MIND!
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Make him Coach/GM. Pay the Man and give him Authority over personnel descisions too. Hate to Lose this guy.

Just pay the man, I love the job baalke has done. Baalke deserves to continue being the GM
First, Jim Harbaugh has been the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long time. He has been one of the most successful coaches in just his first few years in the league. I want him to get an extension, and the Yorks better not screw this up!

Let's take a look at the last two franchises to trade their promising head coach, the Browns and the Raiders. That sure turned their franchises around, didn't it!

I DO NOT want to be associated with the likes of the Browns and the Raiders organizations!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Originally posted by 1981_Champions:
- Jim Harbaugh is a bit overrated. His quick fuse on the sidelines has possibly cost us certain calls if even games. I also think he has a short shelf live with an NFL team. He wears on his roster. I think his confidence was the perfect mix for a guy like Alex Smith.

- We should always keep our options open because I don't trust everything coming out of Jim's mouth. Again, I don't think he's as good as his brother or will stick around as long either. Jim is the perfect guy for an underdog and that's no longer us.

I've always said that Harbaugh has to work on having less sideline tirades because refs don't like to be shown up. I don't know if it has cost us any games, but I'm sure we didn't get some calls our way.

That being said, Harbaugh is a very good coach, and I appreciate him bringing back our winning culture. If he does leave after his contract is up, I hope Jed has his replacement ready. No one wants to relive 2003-2010 again.

I suspect the Yorks may be tired of the $5 million a year salary. It always seemed like a stunt to me. His hiring and big press conference gala. Maybe they looking to deal him and get somebody cheaper. Makes you wonder.

Funny thing SD, I used to think you're a troll, but I think you're a half-glass empty person like myself. You point out our short comings in a very blunt way that turns people off. But some of the stuff you've said I see your point of view or agree with.

You agree with him? I don't. It's BS and I am beginning to have serious doubts.

And here is your rebuttal: apparently you have both forgotten the state of this team when Harbaugh joined. Apparently you have forgotten the desperation here when Miami offered him more and it looked as though we had lost him. I haven't. I doubt Jed has forgotten those times either.

Now answer this: with a move to a new stadium just ahead, are the owners really going to trade away their star coach? And who will replace him? Roman? Mangini?

Enough of this nonsense.

Did I say I agree with ALL of his points? No. I said I agree with SOME of his stuff. Maybe I should have stated that on previous posts in other threads, I understood what he was saying. And I said I see his point of view, HE'S HALF GLASS EMPTY all the freaking time. Nothing will make him happy, short of a SuperBowl win.

And I apparently have not forgotten the state of this team before Harbaugh, that's why I said no one wants to relive 2003-2010 again.

The way Jed is leaving Harbaugh dangling in the wind, I'm hoping he gets the contract situation settled.
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Feb 23, 2014 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by barrymartin:
If Jed f**ks this one up he will absolutely lose a huge portion of his fan base, including me. Why quibble over 2-3 million when QB's are being paid $20M? Illogical, irrational, just plain stupid. And the number doesn't go onto the cap. Who is the most important person in a franchise...The Coach. How many Harbaughs are there out there?

What message is this giving Jim? He came in here and brought this franchise back from the dead. York and Co had a series of disasterous coaching choices. They lucked out on this one. He took less money than Miami because he believed in the management team and the players. He then goes to the NFC championship the first year after a lockout and resurrects Alex Smith. Second Year and third year he goes to the Superbowl and nearly wins both games. Who has every done anything like this? The difference between having won to rings and what he has done is miniscule when evaluating a seasons worth of football.

It is easy to argue there is no one his equal in football today and he's still learning...Look at how look it took Belicheck to get where he is, how he fumbled around in Cleveland. Harbaugh is only going to get better. Tell him you totally believe in him and make him the highest paid coach in the league. This vote of confidence will be repaid back 10 times by the obsessed workaholic that Harbaugh is. He would bleed for a franchise that treated him like that. God, I hope someone gives Jed a reality check quickly before he sours Harbaugh on this franchise and he moves on to someone who will give him what he deserves in salary and even more control over the player selection. If he leaves, so do I, having given up all desire to support the stupid, arrogant and ungrateful Yorks.

Quote from Barrows:

"Jed York, the 49ers' team owner, issued a terse and pointed denial of the report that the 49ers and Browns nearly pulled off a deal that would have sent Jim Harbaugh to Cleveland in return for multiple draft picks. The report said that Harbaugh ultimately nixed the deal. York took to Twitter to write, "report isn't true."

Hours later, ESPN's Ed Werder Tweeted that Harbaugh had sent him a text message that reads: "I echo Jed York's comment - isn't true. I know nothing about a trade between the Cleveland Browns and us, involving me."

So ease up on the paranoia and the invective.
Did I say I agree with ALL of his points? No. I said I agree with SOME of his stuff. Maybe I should have stated that on previous posts in other threads, I understood what he was saying. And I said I see his point of view, HE'S HALF GLASS EMPTY all the freaking time. Nothing will make him happy, short of a SuperBowl win.

And I apparently have not forgotten the state of this team before Harbaugh, that's why I said no one wants to relive 2003-2010 again.

The way Jed is leaving Harbaugh dangling in the wind, I'm hoping he gets the contract situation settled.

See previous post

Originally posted by English:

See previous post

I did.
I'm prepared for dark times the way Jed is handling Harbaugh. He deserves an extension. The only fault I can see with Harbaugh is that his offense hasn't gotten better the last 3 years.
I'm prepared for dark times the way Jed is handling Harbaugh. He deserves an extension. The only fault I can see with Harbaugh is that his offense hasn't gotten better the last 3 years.

Why do peeps thin Jed is mistreating Harbaugh? LOL. Harbaugh has only coached 3 years. He has 2 years left on his contract and stated during the season that they were going to try to extend him.

Nothing has changed. The media is going nuts, but the 49ers are going to extend him. Everyone needs to settle down.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Why do peeps thin Jed is mistreating Harbaugh? LOL. Harbaugh has only coached 3 years. He has 2 years left on his contract and stated during the season that they were going to try to extend him.

Nothing has changed. The media is going nuts, but the 49ers are going to extend him. Everyone needs to settle down.

If only.

This reminds me of the immediate pre-hire period. Hysteria and overreaction.

The owner and the man himself have both denied it. Until folk have some reasonable proof that they are lying, it seems logical to assume they are telling the truth.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

True. My thinking was by completely turning around the 49ers and taking them to 3 NFC title games and 1 SB he has in a way out performed his contract.

By the way, I always look forward to your posts about thoughts after watching the game again. Maybe you should have a thread "Thoughts after re-reading the Harbaugh thread again"
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Feb 23, 2014 at 10:01 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone