LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
I can't believe some of you would actually rather have a different coach. Do you guys remember the Nolan/Singletary era? Harbaugh has done an AMAZING job in SF. If we were to get rid of him, who would be his replacement??
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
that's fine be me

No thanks. I do not want to be you.
Originally posted by 49ersVic:
They are shopping him IMO because they don't want to pay his long term high salary and that's fine be me since he obviously has shown he CANT WIN THE BIG GAME over and over and over. So ship him out. I'd trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. Or 1st round plus Josh Gordon to the Browns. Those are good deals for us.

Can't win the big game? He has won a lot more big games than current and former coaches of the NFL. Josh Gordon impact is de minimis compared to Harbaugh's impact on the team.

What BIG GAME has he won in college or pros? His record shows ZERO national championships and ZERO Super Bowl wins. Look at Pete Carroll. Multiple national championships and now a Super Bowl win. Pete Carroll is a winner of the BIG GAMES. There is a difference between BIG GAME winners and losers.
What BIG GAME has he won in college or pros? His record shows ZERO national championships and ZERO Super Bowl wins. Look at Pete Carroll. Multiple national championships and now a Super Bowl win. Pete Carroll is a winner of the BIG GAMES. There is a difference between BIG GAME winners and losers.

wow...
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

wow...

The record is what it is. I can't make this stuff up. History shows it.
Let's remember one of his first statements when he was appointed as new coach of our beloved team: " I am here to win a championship". Let's also remember that in order to do so, he decided to bench the then Nr. 1 QB in favor of Kaep who has shown greatness at times but also flaws at the most critical times. Harbaugh is a great coach, probably of one the five best in the NFL right now. Can he lead the team to the promised land, though ? Not sure. His window may actually have shut after three great years which should have ended up in at least one superbowl win in the today's NFL. Is that a reason to trade him ? Probably not, frankly.
[ Edited by SwissNiner1255 on Feb 23, 2014 at 2:18 AM ]

wow...

winning a championship is easy. obviously he's a chump for not having done it yet. ditch the loser
Originally posted by swayze:

wow...

winning a championship is easy. obviously he's a chump for not having done it yet. ditch the loser

I would rather have the 49ers be winners than be the Eagles who went to 4 NFC Championship games, losing 3 and losing the 1 and only Super Bowl they played in.
Originally posted by 1981_Champions:
- Jim Harbaugh is a bit overrated. His quick fuse on the sidelines has possibly cost us certain calls if even games. I also think he has a short shelf live with an NFL team. He wears on his roster. I think his confidence was the perfect mix for a guy like Alex Smith.

- We should always keep our options open because I don't trust everything coming out of Jim's mouth. Again, I don't think he's as good as his brother or will stick around as long either. Jim is the perfect guy for an underdog and that's no longer us.

I've always said that Harbaugh has to work on having less sideline tirades because refs don't like to be shown up. I don't know if it has cost us any games, but I'm sure we didn't get some calls our way.

That being said, Harbaugh is a very good coach, and I appreciate him bringing back our winning culture. If he does leave after his contract is up, I hope Jed has his replacement ready. No one wants to relive 2003-2010 again.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
- Jim Harbaugh is a bit overrated. His quick fuse on the sidelines has possibly cost us certain calls if even games. I also think he has a short shelf live with an NFL team. He wears on his roster. I think his confidence was the perfect mix for a guy like Alex Smith.

- We should always keep our options open because I don't trust everything coming out of Jim's mouth. Again, I don't think he's as good as his brother or will stick around as long either. Jim is the perfect guy for an underdog and that's no longer us.

I've always said that Harbaugh has to work on having less sideline tirades because refs don't like to be shown up. I don't know if it has cost us any games, but I'm sure we didn't get some calls our way.

That being said, Harbaugh is a very good coach, and I appreciate him bringing back our winning culture. If he does leave after his contract is up, I hope Jed has his replacement ready. No one wants to relive 2003-2010 again.

I suspect the Yorks may be tired of the $5 million a year salary. It always seemed like a stunt to me. His hiring and big press conference gala. Maybe they looking to deal him and get somebody cheaper. Makes you wonder.

I suspect the Yorks may be tired of the $5 million a year salary. It always seemed like a stunt to me. His hiring and big press conference gala. Maybe they looking to deal him and get somebody cheaper. Makes you wonder.

Funny thing SD, I used to think you're a troll, but I think you're a half-glass empty person like myself. You point out our short comings in a very blunt way that turns people off. But some of the stuff you've said I see your point of view or agree with.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersVic:
They are shopping him IMO because they don't want to pay his long term high salary and that's fine be me since he obviously has shown he CANT WIN THE BIG GAME over and over and over. So ship him out. I'd trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. Or 1st round plus Josh Gordon to the Browns. Those are good deals for us.

Can't win the big game? He has won a lot more big games than current and former coaches of the NFL. Josh Gordon impact is de minimis compared to Harbaugh's impact on the team.

Pete Carrol cheated at USC he got the best of the best in the nation because of illegal maneuvers and tucked tail and ran when it was about to hit the fan.Jim Harbaugh was limited on who he could recruit at Stanford and still turned them into powerhouse even beating the mighty USC as a major underdog with Pritchard at QB.Harbaugh has proven his worth as a coach in college and in the pros.Ok he lost the big game?so did a lot of other coaches.Is Marv Leavy a bad coach for losing four Superbowls? This team was mediocre at best before Harbaugh turned them back into a respectable franchise.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
BTW what kind of Terry Donahue trade is giving up our coach for a 2nd to a team with 2 firsts?

Funny thing SD, I used to think you're a troll, but I think you're a half-glass empty person like myself. You point out our short comings in a very blunt way that turns people off. But some of the stuff you've said I see your point of view or agree with.

You agree with him? I don't. It's BS and I am beginning to have serious doubts.

And here is your rebuttal: apparently you have both forgotten the state of this team when Harbaugh joined. Apparently you have forgotten the desperation here when Miami offered him more and it looked as though we had lost him. I haven't. I doubt Jed has forgotten those times either.

Now answer this: with a move to a new stadium just ahead, are the owners really going to trade away their star coach? And who will replace him? Roman? Mangini?

Enough of this nonsense.
We have some really awful and spoiled fans. It's almost as if they prefer the dark years or something.
Share 49ersWebzone