LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Schefter said they offered a second round pick.

cant wait for florio to run with this

"With too much conflict, 49ers top officials were ready to give harbaugh away for merely a 2nd round pick"
Much ado about nothing in a way. You will always get difference of opinions between head coach and GM. You will also get tense contract negotiations with top tier coaches.

If you think Eddie D and Walsh or even Seifert didn't have those (and these were superbowl winning coaches), then you are naive. Even for great coaches the run never lasts for more than 10-12 years before the flameout.

I like JH and they should pay him top 5 money, simply because he got the team to the Conference Championship game three times and since those teams involve the top four teams. They could even put in escalators if he got to the SB so that he would be payed as the number two coach or number one coach. However, he is not in the Walsh or Bill B mode yet and would not pay him as the top coach. He is a damn very good coach, but not a great coach (yet).

I think all of this trade talk was one sided and just a ploy and never a serious thing and used by JH's agent and management in their negotiations.

Cleveland's then GM Lombardi talks to Harbaugh about his coaches during their search. Then asks JH how are things in SF, JH says good, but having tough time negotiating new contract and Trent and I don't always see I to on players. End of convo as it would be tampering if he asks JH if he would like to come to Cleveland.

ML ( ML, a friend of JH, figures he'll take a shot and see if SF interested, at the very least he is helping a friend with his contract and if lucky they get a great coach) then calls 49ers to see if niners interested, niners (someone low on the totem pole) says what you offering, tells him. Message relayed to proper authority, answer nah-no thanks.

Then news leaks of something that was never serious and much ado is made about something that was nothing.

Rumor leaks that niners were going to promote Tomosula or (choose your coach here).

This way JH and Jed is out of the loop and can deny that this happened as the two sides continue tense negotiations.

If the trade was serious, why would the niners ask for so little when the Raiders got so much for Jon Gruden way back when since JH has shown to be more successful.

I know a lot of you don't like Jed because he is a rich kid-but hey, are ANY of the owners any different? From Jerry Jones to Dan Snyder to even Eddie D, they are all Rich Kids. At least since taking over he has faired better than Jerry Jones and Snyder and a lot of others.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm sure he believes that in fact he believes it's all him and not Baalke either. That said if we can get a good deal in return I would trade Harbaugh in a heartbeat. 1st round pick + Josh Gordon. Do it! Harbaugh has proven he can't win the BIG GAME 3 years in a row. He couldn't win the BIG GAME in college either. Never won a national title. Harbaugh can only get you so far. You need a Pete Carroll type of coach if you want to put trophies in the case.

Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I thought picks for coaches aren't allowed. Here's an old article

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/17/Bucs/NFL_nixes_draft_picks.shtml

I remember Mariucci was supposed to be traded also.

Remember the Chiefs and the Jets?

No. What happened?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/07/sports/football/07jets.html?fta=y&_r=0
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I'm sure he believes that in fact he believes it's all him and not Baalke either. That said if we can get a good deal in return I would trade Harbaugh in a heartbeat. 1st round pick + Josh Gordon. Do it! Harbaugh has proven he can't win the BIG GAME 3 years in a row. He couldn't win the BIG GAME in college either. Never won a national title. Harbaugh can only get you so far. You need a Pete Carroll type of coach if you want to put trophies in the case.

This times 100.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

This times 100.

How quickly we forget. Wish they would just pay the man so these threads would stop.
- Jim Harbaugh is a bit overrated. His quick fuse on the sidelines has possibly cost us certain calls if even games. I also think he has a short shelf live with an NFL team. He wears on his roster. I think his confidence was the perfect mix for a guy like Alex Smith.

- We should always keep our options open because I don't trust everything coming out of Jim's mouth. Again, I don't think he's as good as his brother or will stick around as long either. Jim is the perfect guy for an underdog and that's no longer us.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Don't know about some of you, but I ate my Snickers...
Originally posted by 1981_Champions:
- Jim Harbaugh is a bit overrated. His quick fuse on the sidelines has possibly cost us certain calls if even games. I also think he has a short shelf live with an NFL team. He wears on his roster. I think his confidence was the perfect mix for a guy like Alex Smith.

- We should always keep our options open because I don't trust everything coming out of Jim's mouth. Again, I don't think he's as good as his brother or will stick around as long either. Jim is the perfect guy for an underdog and that's no longer us.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:

I remember my first time discovering message board smileys. Fun times.
Off-season drama/doubt, 3 straight NFC Championships without an answer, coaching controversy/differences with front-office, screwed by the refs, this feels like a Superbowl year for the 49ers.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

the off-season is sad, my man
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
49ers / Harbaugh really needs to look hard into acquiring free agent officials this off season... could really use one or two for the playoffs
Originally posted by LVJay:
the off-season is sad, my man

What exactly is the purpose of circle jerking on a team board? There are no Seahawks, Packer, Cowboy whatever fans on here.

It's okay to let your wall down and be.........honest.
Share 49ersWebzone