There are 155 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
The most surprising thing about that is that Harbaugh uses texting haha

Its annoying as hell to send texts on a little flip phone.

I can imagine him staring at the phone with the "uhhhh....." expression haha.

FOX caught on this past season and had cameras dedicated to him during situations where they might get a reaction out of him.

I'm fairly certain Jed will take a page out of Eddie's book and pay Harbs.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran

And smileys
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:

And smileys

I bet harbaugh uses morse code to send messages
So are people still in denial? This is real.
Originally posted by xela510:
So are people still in denial? This is real.

"Denial"? Over what? What is real?

Harbaugh: "I know nothing about any trade with the Cleveland Browns involving me."
York: "The reports are not true."

Next up is Baalke.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Harbaugh: "I know nothing about any trade with the Cleveland Browns involving me."

Next up is Baalke.

Of course the 49ers are going to deny it. It looks bad on the team. Everyone else outside of the 49ers with info is saying its very much true. Like I said, denial. This was definitely a real situation. I dont really think its a big deal but Im not going to be delusional about it either.
This guy is hilarious.

"Harbaugh wanted Browns job because A) opportunity to work w/ Lombardi & Banner B) get away from GM he doesn't like C) roster, picks, cap…"

He probably heard Baalke on the phone say, "Cleveland is offering their entire next two drafts to us for one person." Harbaugh hears this, than says, "DO IT!".
Then Baalke say's, "But it's for YOU."
Harbaugh, "Oh, well then, never mind, that sorta defeats the purpose."
After following all the various threads of this storyline, it goes like this.

Lombardi or Banner->>>>>>This Joe Lull guy who has been an apologist for them the whole time, clearly is being fed a bunch of BS by them that he's happily swallowing up----------> Florio, either from Lull or directly from Lombardi or Banner themselves.

Lull himself stated that only "you could count on one hand the amount of people in the Browns organization knew about Harbaugh." This could mean 5 people..4...3...2...1, any combination of that.

The Browns offered the job to McDaniels, he was ready to go and accept the position, this was back when the 49ers were still in the playoffs and was confirmed by the media at the time. Lombardi made some proclamations that McDaniels would be their coach, then they did what all f**k-ups do and they f**ked up, they got cute and started talking to other coaching candidates, this was confirmed by the Cleveland media. McDaniels got pissed off that they were still interviewing people, basically decided to take his ball and go home.

Now Lombardi and Banner have egg on their face, some of the other candidates they were interested in either withdrew their names after the way McDaniels was treated, or they managed to piss off completely such as in the case of Ken Whisenhunt who got up in Banner's face during the interview, challenging him on exactly what the hell he knew about putting together a Superbowl caliber coaching staff.

In a Hail Mary attempt, the Lombardi starts a discussion of how to acquire a top candidate, to make a big splash after blowing it with McDaniels and Chip Kelly a year earlier. Harbaugh is the first guy on the rolodex since Lombardi has a connection to both of the Harbaugh brothers from his time in Philly and Oakland and since Jim is from Toledo they figure maybe the Lombardi connection plus Harbaugh's Midwest roots would help their cause, not to mention the rumors of friction between Baalke, who beat out Lombardi for the 49ers GM job 3 years ago, and Harbaugh. Lombardi and Banner, as f**k-up's tend to do, begin to talk up a potential huge acquisition that would change the franchise to the ownership before anything has been done. When they approach the 49ers, the whole thing falls apart, either the 49ers laugh at them on the other end or they demand a ridiculous amount of compensation that Cleveland won't meet.

Lombardi and Banner go back with their tails between their legs, end up hiring the defensive coordinator who had the 20th ranked NFL defense. They blew it with McDaniels, blew it with Whisenhunt, and blew it with Harbaugh, Haslam is pissed off, decides to dump both of them.

They both go to the media when everyone is consolidated at the Combine, where both have been seen in attendance, they talk up the Harbaugh connection as being far more tangible than it actually was in an attempt to try and save face, to massage the story to their advantage, their idiot lap dog on talk radio in Cleveland happily laps up the BS and......here we go.

This!!!!!! Phoenix you killed that s**t bro! Post of the year right here!!!
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Next up is Baalke.

Of course the 49ers are going to deny it. It looks bad on the team. Everyone else outside of the 49ers with info is saying its very much true. Like I said, denial. This was definitely a real situation. I dont really think its a big deal but Im not going to be delusional about it either.

They might have called Baalke. To which Baalke, chuckled, and said, "No thanks." Then hung up the phone.

So yes, there might be some truth to it, but that doesn't mean Harbaugh knew anything or that anybody was seriously considering it besides the Browns.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 21, 2014 at 11:41 PM ]
Browns fans dont even want him.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28542

The 49ers were probably in negotiations with Harbaugh, and things just got heated.

Harbaugh probably asked for 14 mil a year or something insane, 49ers said 8 mil, no more. Harbaugh said hed walk if he couldnt get his price. 49ers said how about we see what the Browns would give up then, since youre walking. Harbaugh then caved and said hed lower his price.

Expect a new deal to come out in the next month. 5 years, 50 mil.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

Lol! That's why that organization is the laughing stock of the NFL. I guess Brown fans are used to sucking every year.
Originally posted by Niners99:
The 49ers were probably in negotiations with Harbaugh, and things just got heated.

Harbaugh probably asked for 14 mil a year or something insane, 49ers said 8 mil, no more. Harbaugh said hed walk if he couldnt get his price. 49ers said how about we see what the Browns would give up then, since youre walking. Harbaugh then caved and said hed lower his price.

Expect a new deal to come out in the next month. 5 years, 50 mil.

Probably his agent playing the leverage games, but yeah, good point.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

Lol! That's why that organization is the laughing stock of the NFL. I guess Brown fans are used to sucking every year.

They don't "want" him because they know they won't get him. They would be jumping for joy right now if they actually got him.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Howlett49:
After following all the various threads of this storyline, it goes like this.

Lombardi or Banner->>>>>>This Joe Lull guy who has been an apologist for them the whole time, clearly is being fed a bunch of BS by them that he's happily swallowing up----------> Florio, either from Lull or directly from Lombardi or Banner themselves.

Lull himself stated that only "you could count on one hand the amount of people in the Browns organization knew about Harbaugh." This could mean 5 people..4...3...2...1, any combination of that.

The Browns offered the job to McDaniels, he was ready to go and accept the position, this was back when the 49ers were still in the playoffs and was confirmed by the media at the time. Lombardi made some proclamations that McDaniels would be their coach, then they did what all f**k-ups do and they f**ked up, they got cute and started talking to other coaching candidates, this was confirmed by the Cleveland media. McDaniels got pissed off that they were still interviewing people, basically decided to take his ball and go home.

Now Lombardi and Banner have egg on their face, some of the other candidates they were interested in either withdrew their names after the way McDaniels was treated, or they managed to piss off completely such as in the case of Ken Whisenhunt who got up in Banner's face during the interview, challenging him on exactly what the hell he knew about putting together a Superbowl caliber coaching staff.

In a Hail Mary attempt, the Lombardi starts a discussion of how to acquire a top candidate, to make a big splash after blowing it with McDaniels and Chip Kelly a year earlier. Harbaugh is the first guy on the rolodex since Lombardi has a connection to both of the Harbaugh brothers from his time in Philly and Oakland and since Jim is from Toledo they figure maybe the Lombardi connection plus Harbaugh's Midwest roots would help their cause, not to mention the rumors of friction between Baalke, who beat out Lombardi for the 49ers GM job 3 years ago, and Harbaugh. Lombardi and Banner, as f**k-up's tend to do, begin to talk up a potential huge acquisition that would change the franchise to the ownership before anything has been done. When they approach the 49ers, the whole thing falls apart, either the 49ers laugh at them on the other end or they demand a ridiculous amount of compensation that Cleveland won't meet.

Lombardi and Banner go back with their tails between their legs, end up hiring the defensive coordinator who had the 20th ranked NFL defense. They blew it with McDaniels, blew it with Whisenhunt, and blew it with Harbaugh, Haslam is pissed off, decides to dump both of them.

They both go to the media when everyone is consolidated at the Combine, where both have been seen in attendance, they talk up the Harbaugh connection as being far more tangible than it actually was in an attempt to try and save face, to massage the story to their advantage, their idiot lap dog on talk radio in Cleveland happily laps up the BS and......here we go.

This!!!!!! Phoenix you killed that s**t bro! Post of the year right here!!!

If you really think it's real read the post above from Phoenix
Share 49ersWebzone