There are 232 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jt8786:
Well, two seperate reporters made the same claim. Jed has a reason for denial. What reason would Mort jave to backup the claim?

We don't know how far it went, but Jed saying it isn't true doesn't seem real at this point.

Balke has some splainin to do

What reason would Schefter and King have for saying that there's nothing to these rumors??? Pretty much everything else leads back to Florio and his unnamed sources.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Why wouldn't we listen? And why wouldn't we tell Jim he may have a terrific job offer where he could increase his salary?

This. After listening to MM I believe that is what happened. It is the way Florio worded his article that made it seem like the 49ers shopped him around. If Cleveland came to the 49ers with a huge offer and they didn't at least let Jim decide what he wanted to do, it may have come back to bite them. So they let Jim know what Cleveland had offered and left it to him. To which he said "Fak Cleveland".

Florio just wrote the article to make it seem like the 49ers shopped him.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I would tend to believe a man who comes out and says it is false over anonymous sources any day

You must really trust Obama lol
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
We are up to I think 3 reports saying there is some truth. The Browns haven't denied anything. All you have is Jed saying it's a lie. Either it's a grand conspiracy or to a certain extent factual.

And we have multiple other reports that say it is rubbish. Adam Schefter and Peter King both have come out and stated that it never got past the initial stages within the Browns organization.

It's possible. But the quote of Harbs saying no to the trade is the key. Maybe Jed was kept in the dark by Trent? At this point Jed can't confirm anything without making the organization look foolish.

You seriously don't think that Baalke would agree to trade the HEAD COACH without consulting the owner do you?

......assuming he even has the authority to do such a thing, which I highly doubt.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I would tend to believe a man who comes out and says it is false over anonymous sources any day

You must really trust Obama lol

What that meen?
  • dj43
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I smell BS. For one, consider the source (Florio). Two, who the hell in their right mind would leave a legit SB contender for the Browns?

Don't believe everything you read.

Is Florio really the source? Wow, that tool has took his trolling of Jim harbaugh and the 49ers to the next level.

He's as far as this story goes. And all of his "sources" are anonymous of course. It sounds to me like the Browns probably inquired about Harbaugh (and/or made an offer), the Niners in good faith relayed that to Jim (who's near the end of his contract), and he shot it down.

Mind you, ball clubs discussing trades including players and coaches isn't uncommon.

Again, ask yourself, who the hell would willingly coach the Browns over the 49ers?

Depends on the working environment, and their confidence in their own abilities.

In this case, it is very obvious Harbaugh has a great deal of confidence in his own ability. After all, he was looking to go to Miami instead of here. That was a train wreck down there.

If the relationship between Baalke and Harbaugh became particularly toxic, Jed would have to choose. Given the fact that the combination of McCloughan and Baalke built a great roster for Harbaugh to run, it is not necessarily a slam dunk that Jed would choose Harbaugh and his "offense" over Baalke. Just my opinion...
You seriously don't think that Baalke would agree to trade the HEAD COACH without consulting the owner do you?

......assuming he even has the authority to do such a thing, which I highly doubt.

People will believe insanely, bats**t crazy, patently retarded things to fit their own viewpoint I guess.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Why wouldn't we listen? And why wouldn't we tell Jim he may have a terrific job offer where he could increase his salary?

Common sense. No respectable franchise does this. You really think NE fields calls for Brady and Belichek? Did our organization not learn their lesson with bringing Manning in?

The only thing you accomplish is advertise your fractured relationship.
  • dj43
First we need proof that this actually happened. Second, we need proof that Jed York is lying.

Sometimes lying is necessary to keep peace in the house. It doesn't mean anything one way or the other.
9/11 was an inside job

No. But Trent may have listened to the offer and told Jim. I'm not saying we would trade Harbs, but listening to the offer is possible. If there was communication back and forth, even to a small degree, what Jed said doesn't hold water. I doubt we trade Jim but I think we would listen to the offer, hell Harbs may want to know what his worth would be for lolz purposes.
Originally posted by lucky_49:
9/11 was an inside job

Baalke was in on it
We should get this deal done whatever it takes. Harbaugh has brought you nothing but loss after loss after loss in the BIG GAMES. He's proven he can't win a BIG GAME. Usually those guys never do. Remember the Eagles, Bills and Vikings. BIG GAME LOSERS stay BIG GAME LOSERS. If we can get Josh Gordon plus a 1st round pick I would do it for sure. This is a good deal for us.
Originally posted by dj43:
Sometimes lying is necessary to keep peace in the house. It doesn't mean anything one way or the other.

There's no proof that he was lying in the first place, people are just assuming that is so. Why couldn't it be exactly the way Jed York stated? That there's absolutely nothing to these rumors. Why are people having trouble taking his statement at face value? Because of Florio? f**k him, the same guy who consistently tries to paint everything around the 49ers in the worst possible light? Yeah, there's no agenda there.

Schefter came out almost immediately and stated that these discussions remained internally within the Browns organization. King has said that his sources have told him that it never left the Browns organization. Why are people overlooking that?
Jed is the boss no coach gets hired or fired or traded without Jed signing off on it he pays the bills he signs the checks he put his name in print saying that it didn't happen Florio said unnamed sources said it did unnamed sources is the key I tend to go with the guy who puts his own name on what happened
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 21, 2014 at 7:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone