There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread

• bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Anybody think Lombardi is the soruce?

Ian Rapaport is saying someone with the Niners was the source.
Originally posted by susweel:
Niners need to release a statement asap.

Why? He's the coach and will be for the foreseeable future. I don't think they have to make an official comment beyond that.
Originally posted by susweel:
Niners need to release a statement asap.

they did by not trading jim
Originally posted by bret:

Someone from the 9ers was his source in denying it, I think jreff is saying that lombardi was Florios source
Just pot stirring.
He wasn't close to being gone anywhere and with the decision up to him he wanted to stay
this successfully kills the rumors of trouble and turmoil and unhappiness and all of the other made up bs that our esteemed beat writers have been conjuring up.

if it was that bad here

he would be gone

all this let's us know is that he really could be but he wanted to stay.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Someone from the 9ers was his source in denying it, I think jreff is saying that lombardi was Florios source

I thought Lombardi was Florio's likely source. too. Maybe I misunderstood Rapaport.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL

Two sources said the PFT report is essentially accurate. There were "extensive discussions" about Harbaugh to Browns, one said.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Florio is rustled

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/21/unnamed-49ers-source-denies-report-of-near-harbaugh-trade-to-nfl-media/

An unnamed 49ers source tells Ian Rapoport of NFL Media that the report is “completely false” and “[r]idiculous.”

If it’s false, why not say so on the record? That’s because, frankly, it’s not false.

In contrast, the Browns have commented on the story on the record, and the Browns have neither called the story “completely false” nor “ridiculous.”

We’ll continue to wait for the 49ers to respond to our request for comment. Or for the 49ers to issue an actual press release denying the story. Without using someone from the league-owned media network to perpetrate a version of reality that isn’t accurate.

We can’t blame the 49ers for trying to call the story false. But their desire for the story to be false will never make it false.

lol damn he's angry for sure.

perfect comment on their article

"So multiple NFL sources (that remain unnamed) is OK for the original story but not the denial? Go figure."
meh
Originally posted by Jcool:

Two sources said the PFT report is essentially accurate. There were "extensive discussions" about Harbaugh to Browns, one said.

I'm sure the Browns had extensive discussions about wanting Harbaugh and doing whatever it took to get him. That doesn't mean the 49ers or Harbaugh strongly considered it. Hell, I've had extensive discussions with my kids about wanting to hook up with Sade, but she still hasn't gotten back to me....effen b***h.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Jcool:

I'm sure the Browns had extensive discussions about wanting Harbaugh and doing whatever it took to get him. That doesn't mean the 49ers or Harbaugh strongly considered it. Hell, I've had extensive discussions with my kids about wanting to hook up with Sade, but she still hasn't gotten back to me....effen b***h.

This.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

now that i am quoting you this qualifies as an extensive discussion.

Rap has a source from Niners who says it BS.
I would like to hear at least where the these multiple NFL sources are coming from. Are they coming from the Browns? 9ers? Other teams?

I mean we all know how Harbaugh to the Dolphins, Michigan, and Texas worked out.
  • pfizz
jed just tweeted report isnt true