LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Arminini:
"After compiling a 40–28 win-loss record (including playoffs) in four seasons with the Raiders, Gruden replaced the fired Tony Dungy as head coach of theTampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002, via a high-stakes trade that included Tampa Bay's 2002 and 2003 first-round draft picks, 2002 and 2004 second-round draft picks, and $8 million in cash "

It was 2 1st's and 2 2nd's for Gruden. If the 9ers were offered something more than that wouldn't you have to consider it??? Why are people trippin?

because after that then league banned trading picks for coaches.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I'm sure there were flirtations with this actual trade going down but as usual Mike Florio is exaggerating the total s**t out of something. The NFL needs more headlines and web hits. It seems pretty plausible though with how Lombardi and Banner got fired and how long it was taking Cleveland to find a damn head coach. JH does have an affection for Ohio. Look at his relationship with Mangini. But the timing of all this still pisses me off. What the hell is it about the NFL they have something so f***ing against Harbaugh.

This would explain the curious decision to fire Chud after only one season, wouldn't it? I mean if they thought they had the chance to get a coach of JH's caliber why wouldn't they be quick to fire his ass. They were desperate to find an absolute game changer of a coach which makes it believable they were specifically targeting Jim Harbaugh and thus the abrupt firing of Chud. But when Mike Florio says that there was a deal in place I don't really buy that BS.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Im calling 100% usda grade A b******t!Consider the source folks when it comes from that asshat Mike Florio

This.

I thought picks could not be traded for coaches anyway. I can't believe this has gotten this much traction nationally.

Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation
So, apparently the Chiefs "traded" for Herm Edwards back in 2006, per @ArrowheadPride - so I'm not entirely sure how the trading thing works

Thats news to me. I though it had been banned.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Ballistic:

gullible sheep

f**king pwned!

Dude what do you expect, PFT is the "Notre Dame Publishing Company". When ND isn't playing, they have to make stuff up to get viewership.
Aaron_Ward ‏@SAE_Adub 17m
@mattbarrows Tomsula taking over if Jim left=smh.Tomsula is a one trick pony like Sing. Dude knows defense. That's it. Roman would run O smh

Aaron_Ward ‏@SAE_Adub 28m
@MaioccoCSN I would have s**t a fking brick!
Tomsula is a cheerleader not a coach. Reminds me of Singletary. Do not want.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The 49ers are expected to have an official statement shortly on the @pft report that Jim Harbaugh was nearly traded to Cleveland Browns.

"We've decided to part ways with Jim Harbaugh and promote Greg Roman to the head coaching position"
Gideon Yu named Head Coach
Originally posted by lucky_49:
i heard kaepernick was also wearing a browns hat

Forward or backwards?
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The 49ers are expected to have an official statement shortly on the @pft report that Jim Harbaugh was nearly traded to Cleveland Browns.

And what they're going to say is this is 100% completely false, untrue and fabricated. You won't know if they're lying or not.
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 4m
He wants to be the top-paid coach in NFL. Window or no window. RT @MJohnBurky maybe he thinks the window has closed in San Francisco?

Not sure I buy this either. It would be about respect because Harbaugh could care less about money other than family. He took 10 million less to sign with us instead of the Dolphins and he wears 10.00 pants from Walmart and drives an old Ford truck. It would be about respect more than money.

It's so ridiculous I could believe it.
The regular season can't get here soon enough.

• Disp
  • Veteran
Just thought about it, and Florio's site also had the breaking news of Harbaugh to Texas last season. So yeah.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erMike:
Originally posted by lucky_49:
i heard kaepernick was also wearing a browns hat

Forward or backwards?

Forwards
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL

Per Greg Aiello NFL teams CAN trade HCs.
Share 49ersWebzone