There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread

How would you guys react if somebody hit Harbaugh with a car and Roman had to take over as HC
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Pete did was Harbaugh failed to do...and that's have his team READY TO PLAY to start the superbowl

harbaugh had the team ill prepared, they looked flat and mistake prone and blew a superbowl against an inferior opponent

pete had his team amped and ready to dominate

jim continues to walk on water somehow but he's failed to win 1 sb w/ great teams 3yrs in a row

i still don't know how they came out so flat against the ravens...9 of 10 times they should dominate that ravens team, it was a complete mis-match

Yes, they started flat on offense. But remember, if Crabtree isn't lined up incorrectly on that first play, they start off with a 20 yard first down pass play. And I still say that overall, the offense did more than enough to win the game. Only two teams that scored 31 or more points in the entire history of the game have failed to win. The Ravens just caught a good defense during a down streak due to injuries and fatigue. If that Ravens team is playing the 2013 defense, the score is probably 31 to 13.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Pete did was Harbaugh failed to do...and that's have his team READY TO PLAY to start the superbowl

harbaugh had the team ill prepared, they looked flat and mistake prone and blew a superbowl against an inferior opponent

pete had his team amped and ready to dominate

jim continues to walk on water somehow but he's failed to win 1 sb w/ great teams 3yrs in a row

i still don't know how they came out so flat against the ravens...9 of 10 times they should dominate that ravens team, it was a complete mis-match

joe flacco was on a great streak, he had 8 tds 0 picks in 3 playoff games before AND our secondary had been yielding a lot of passing yards and big plays down the stretch. additionally the ravens were on fire as a redzone D in the playoffs and thats exactly what we struggled with in that super bowl.

well honestly the book on flacco is u blitz him, fangio didn't do that til the 2nd half....i guess they didn't study how pittsburgh had given him trouble by blitzing him for yrs
watching the sound fx 2yrs in a row now in our final game of the season the opposing team is heard talking on the sidelines things they are seeing from our defense and taking advantage of it

in the superbowl the ravens are heard strategizing on how cully was biting hard on curl routes and they needed to double move him and they did

why did our coaches fail to remind cully on the sidelines to watch for the double move and stop being so aggressive...don't know..OUT COACHED

in this yr's nfc champ game...we kept biting on wilson's hard count and we did it again on 4th and 7, wilson is heard talking on the sidelines that they are going to hard count again cuz we keep biting and again we bit

why didn't the coaches get these guys to stop biting on a hard count

maybe they did say these things on the sidelines and it fell on deaf ears but i'd lean to thinking otherwise
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
How would you guys react if somebody hit Harbaugh with a car and Roman had to take over as HC

I would wonder about Harbaugh's health and maybe the condition of the car.
watching the sound fx 2yrs in a row now in our final game of the season the opposing team is heard talking on the sidelines things they are seeing from our defense and taking advantage of it

in the superbowl the ravens are heard strategizing on how cully was biting hard on curl routes and they needed to double move him and they did

why did our coaches fail to remind cully on the sidelines to watch for the double move and stop being so aggressive...don't know..OUT COACHED

in this yr's nfc champ game...we kept biting on wilson's hard count and we did it again on 4th and 7, wilson is heard talking on the sidelines that they are going to hard count again cuz we keep biting and again we bit

maybe they did say these things on the sidelines and it fell on deaf ears but i'd lean to thinking otherwise
Was there Sound FX showing the deaf ear..or is that what Sound FX wants you to think ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Was there Sound FX showing the deaf ear..or is that what Sound FX wants you to think ?

doesn't change the main point, out coached in the biggest games, john harbaugh certainly out coached his brother, they saw a weakness in our special teams and took advantage of it, they saw how we played coverage and took advantage....

jim harbaugh can't be walking water anymore
the decision to throw Mangini in as TEs coach could really make or break Jim , I said before how Andy Reid cooked his goose when he gave offensive line coach Juan Castillo the defensive coordinator job , and if our offense comes up lame and fail to show any improvement , Harbaugh will eventually have to take all the heat for this decision, and Greg Roman will be sparred the brunt of the blame being Mangini will be the whipping boy.

but if Vance McDonald and Celek start catching passes for TD's , were going to be riding the "Mangenius bandwagon" and Jim will be mentioned in the same breathe as Bill Walsh in regards to great decisions that took the Niners another step further , lets hope it only helps our sometimes ineffective attack
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
the decision to throw Mangini in as TEs coach could really make or break Jim , I said before how Andy Reid cooked his goose when he gave offensive line coach Juan Castillo the defensive coordinator job , and if our offense comes up lame and fail to show any improvement , Harbaugh will eventually have to take all the heat for this decision, and Greg Roman will be sparred the brunt of the blame being Mangini will be the whipping boy.

but if Vance McDonald and Celek start catching passes for TD's , were going to be riding the "Mangenius bandwagon" and Jim will be mentioned in the same breathe as Bill Walsh in regards to great decisions that took the Niners another step further , lets hope it only helps our sometimes ineffective attack

mangini is a good teacher, this isn't some big risky move, he can teach and coaches who can teach well are successful. he isn't coordinating the offense like castillo was
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

mangini is a good teacher, this isn't some big risky move, he can teach and coaches who can teach well are successful. he isn't coordinating the offense like castillo was

but it can still be viewed as a questionable move by some circles, especially if things go south , I agree Mangini is a solid football mind and could easily handle the gig , if the offense shows improvement, no harm no foul , but there are restless fans that will not have much patience with the offense and Mangini if it sputters, but I expect to see a well coached and prepared team by opening day
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember when Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan, and Mike Singletary were our Head coaches?

harbaugh has been awesome. my one complaint is the developing of young guys. i'd like to see us more comfy with putting them out there and living with the results.

That is mine as well.

The greatest measure of a coach is how well they can teach the game to young players. Any half way decent coach can take a loaded roster and win more than they lose. A truly awesome coach will turn those green rookies into quality players. Harbaugh has yet to show that ability in the pros. Nowhere has that been more evident than with WRs and the slow development of the passing skills of Kaepernick.

Player development on offense is a big concern of mine...but my biggest one is that come playoffs or two equally talented team, the difference is almost always philosophy on offense and defense and scheme/proper game planning (and situational awareness). These can even overcome poor player execution and TO's.
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for kap2crab.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/21/sources-browns-nearly-traded-for-jim-harbaugh/
Sources: Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

Per multiple league sources, the Cleveland Browns nearly pulled off a trade with the 49ers for the rights to coach Jim Harbaugh.

A deal that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco was in place between the teams. But Harbaugh ultimately decided not to leave the 49ers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/21/sources-browns-nearly-traded-for-jim-harbaugh/
Don't know if I'm late but check this out
Originally posted by kap2crab:

Bullllshiiiiitttt

Dont believe it one bit, especially if florio is reporting it