There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread

Would you prefer Shanahan as HC and Kubiak as OC next year?

Could you imagine Kap in that offensive scheme?
Originally posted by bigwads:
Would you prefer Shanahan as HC and Kubiak as OC next year?

Could you imagine Kap in that offensive scheme?

people are stupid
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Well then why'd Jim Harbaugh turn DOWN an extension?? Because he wants more Control fro Jed and Baalke, I know Harbaugh will atleast listen to Texas, and if they say hey here is a 5 year $50 million deal, he'll say Yee Ha and be on a plane to Austin and leave. If he does, hopefully he takes his whole staff except Fangio.

Because he doesnt want to talk contract in the middle of the season. Hes got enough to worry about right now.

I swear, some people are so negative that they make up crazy situations to get depressed about.

Jim Harbaugh is NOT leaving. It makes ZERO sense. The 49ers will match ANY offer a college sends him. We have our entire organization wrapped up in having Harbaugh in place. The entire thing would crumble if he left. Were opening a new stadium next year. Theyll pay him 15 mil a year if they have to. Its like having a franchise QB. You either pay up or rebuild.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,354
I am not sure what the basis of this discussion is or if it has a basis.


But, I think we will win the game tomorrow. And there really is a game, not just a rumor of a game.
I have no idea what Coach is going to do. Of course I hope he stays, but when these Texas oilmen start throwing around millions what's a man to do. Coach has never stayed in a place more than 4 years, that's not to say he won't be here in the foreseeable future. I think the move to a new stadium next year will be a factor. However, if Texas (or someone else) makes an offer that can't be matched, I don't know.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I have no idea what Coach is going to do. Of course I hope he stays, but when these Texas oilmen start throwing around millions what's a man to do. Coach has never stayed in a place more than 4 years, that's not to say he won't be here in the foreseeable future. I think the move to a new stadium next year will be a factor. However, if Texas (or someone else) makes an offer that can't be matched, I don't know.

Austin is okay, but Texas is a s**t hole. Harbaugh would be crazy to go there.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i don't see harbaugh leaving the NFL for college without a superbowl, he's too competitive. if he's talking to Texas it's only to get a raise from Jed.

Don't forget he was already there - and lost.

He might see this as a way out...
I just can't see Harbs leaving. Especially without even winning a championship yet. He's a competitive guy and I want to think that he wouldn't even be thinking about leaving until he wins a few Super Bowls and builds his own legacy with this team. He has one of the most talented rosters in the league that is built to win a few rings and remain comeptitive for at least the next decade, Kap is his guy, and the rivalry we're in with Seattle hasn't even reached it's peak IMO. I just can't see Harbaugh leaving all of this behind just to go back to college (and Texas of all places). It's a complete downgrade and an unprecedented occurrence for a HC of a Super Bowl contending team to go back to college right before he really makes his mark and wins a few rings. Just don't see it happening.
Lets not act like Harbaugh is completely out of the realm of possibility. I definitely think he will think about it.
Lol he's not leaving for college
Originally posted by xela510:
Lets not act like Harbaugh is completely out of the realm of possibility. I definitely think he will think about it.

This is a made up story. On ESPN tonight they basically said that. All potential candidates they listed were college coaches.
Harbaugh isn't going back to college right now. Come on people.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Would you prefer Shanahan as HC and Kubiak as OC next year?

Could you imagine Kap in that offensive scheme?


You have to have a bigwad to suggest that.
Anyone that thinks Harbaugh is leaving needs to be banned on the spot. If he cared so much about college prestige and money, he would have gone to either Michigan or Miami in the first place.
...