There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread

Hmm...Saban Stays At Bama..
Originally posted by Louisiana49er:
Hmm...Saban Stays At Bama..

yes. That worries me now.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by Louisiana49er:
Hmm...Saban Stays At Bama..

yes. That worries me now.

Lol.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by Louisiana49er:
Hmm...Saban Stays At Bama..

yes. That worries me now.

omg so worried
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
"You trying to be funny?"
Harbaughs answer to the question of the texas job, right after he had a look flash on his face like, "i wish i could punch you in the gonads"

the story is moronic drivel, those repeating it and looking for ways to make it true are below that level.

you note that the coach really did not answer the question. i think he is keeping all his options open

LOL you honestly believe that theres even a slight chance he leaves?

He had a chance to take the Michigan job 3 years ago, and he turned his own alma mater down to coach in the NFL.

Hes been wildly successful at the highest stage, and will get a 5 yr/35 mil extension offer from SF this offseason.

He already had a premium college coaching job at Stanford, and left because his ultimate goal was the NFL. He isnt going back to a University that he has no ties to just for a little extra cash. Most of his Stanford staff was brought over to SF, and all have families living in the bay area.

And on top of it all, the 49ers are going to give him anything to stay. We have a brand new stadium to pay for. Hes got power in a top 3 organization with a bright future and a cash flow that could last longer than a decade. If he was going to chase a couple mil per year extra, he wouldve taken Miami's offer to begin with.

This entire thing is a total fabrication by the media.
Think Kobe or Jordan. Would they leave the NBA to play in the European league? Hell no! Harbaugh is that type of competitor. Yes folk will throw cash at him but so will we. Austin ain't the Bay Area. There is no comparison. College isn't the big league. Not even close. The NFL is where it is at. From a guy that said something like: history will be kind to me for I intend to write it. It is improbable he leaves this perfect competitive opportunity for some school kids. I am not worried in the least
Not worried at all, Harbs want a Super Bowl ring and the Niners is his best chance to get one, why do you think he turned down a bigger offer from the Dolphins to come to the Niners?? Because he knows the Niners has way more talent and a way better chance to win a Super Bowl. The money for him will come later after he wins a SB.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
"You trying to be funny?"
Harbaughs answer to the question of the texas job, right after he had a look flash on his face like, "i wish i could punch you in the gonads"

the story is moronic drivel, those repeating it and looking for ways to make it true are below that level.

you note that the coach really did not answer the question. i think he is keeping all his options open

LOL you honestly believe that theres even a slight chance he leaves?

He had a chance to take the Michigan job 3 years ago, and he turned his own alma mater down to coach in the NFL.

Hes been wildly successful at the highest stage, and will get a 5 yr/35 mil extension offer from SF this offseason.

He already had a premium college coaching job at Stanford, and left because his ultimate goal was the NFL. He isnt going back to a University that he has no ties to just for a little extra cash. Most of his Stanford staff was brought over to SF, and all have families living in the bay area.

And on top of it all, the 49ers are going to give him anything to stay. We have a brand new stadium to pay for. Hes got power in a top 3 organization with a bright future and a cash flow that could last longer than a decade. If he was going to chase a couple mil per year extra, he wouldve taken Miami's offer to begin with.

This entire thing is a total fabrication by the media.

Yes. Miami were prepared to throw money at Harbaugh but he picked SF. Can't believe this is being taken seriously.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
"You trying to be funny?"
Harbaughs answer to the question of the texas job, right after he had a look flash on his face like, "i wish i could punch you in the gonads"

the story is moronic drivel, those repeating it and looking for ways to make it true are below that level.

you note that the coach really did not answer the question. i think he is keeping all his options open

LOL you honestly believe that theres even a slight chance he leaves?

He had a chance to take the Michigan job 3 years ago, and he turned his own alma mater down to coach in the NFL.

Hes been wildly successful at the highest stage, and will get a 5 yr/35 mil extension offer from SF this offseason.

He already had a premium college coaching job at Stanford, and left because his ultimate goal was the NFL. He isnt going back to a University that he has no ties to just for a little extra cash. Most of his Stanford staff was brought over to SF, and all have families living in the bay area.

And on top of it all, the 49ers are going to give him anything to stay. We have a brand new stadium to pay for. Hes got power in a top 3 organization with a bright future and a cash flow that could last longer than a decade. If he was going to chase a couple mil per year extra, he wouldve taken Miami's offer to begin with.

This entire thing is a total fabrication by the media.

exactly and he would be leaving a team that will be a superbowl contender for the next decade. no one would leave this situation
This guy is going to be the next coach of Texas, he's getting everything given to him, $10 million a year, etc etc. He's gone. Especially if the 49ers are One and Done in the playoffs, Who the Heck would be the next coach??? I wasn't worried but now I'm really worried. Harbaugh recently turned down an extension from the 49ers so that's what tells me he's a goner but I've been wrong before, hope I'm wrong again.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
This guy is going to be the next coach of Texas, he's getting everything given to him, $10 million a year, etc etc. He's gone. Especially if the 49ers are One and Done in the playoffs, Who the Heck would be the next coach??? I wasn't worried but now I'm really worried. Harbaugh recently turned down an extension from the 49ers so that's what tells me he's a goner but I've been wrong before, hope I'm wrong again.

Neither of us are Jed York but I am betting Jed is the type of guy to not let Jim leave that easy over a few coins. This new stadium will bring in new revenue and Jed can and will use some of that to extend Jim. Miami didnt get him and he left Stanford. Why because he wanted the perfect competitive opportunity to win in the big leagues. UT is sh** compared to the 49ers. You don't write your history in the NCAA quite like you write it in the NFL. He is staying and we are paying. There is no reason not to
Well then why'd Jim Harbaugh turn DOWN an extension?? Because he wants more Control fro Jed and Baalke, I know Harbaugh will atleast listen to Texas, and if they say hey here is a 5 year $50 million deal, he'll say Yee Ha and be on a plane to Austin and leave. If he does, hopefully he takes his whole staff except Fangio.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Think Kobe or Jordan. Would they leave the NBA to play in the European league? Hell no! Harbaugh is that type of competitor. Yes folk will throw cash at him but so will we. Austin ain't the Bay Area. There is no comparison. College isn't the big league. Not even close. The NFL is where it is at. From a guy that said something like: history will be kind to me for I intend to write it. It is improbable he leaves this perfect competitive opportunity for some school kids. I am not worried in the least

I'm mean you've got Apple, Google, Hewlett Packard, Oracle, a s**tload of hipsters, an abundance of organic food markets.........same difference.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Yes. Miami were prepared to throw money at Harbaugh but he picked SF. Can't believe this is being taken seriously.

Not to mention that one of the reasons he wanted to stay in the Bay Area was because his wife likes it there and he didn't want to uproot his family. He turned down more money from Miami, as well as his own alma mater where he could have gone and been the spiritual successor to Bo Schembechler, but he's going to opt to go coach in Texas, to a school he has absolutely no connection to?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Well then why'd Jim Harbaugh turn DOWN an extension?? Because he wants more Control fro Jed and Baalke, I know Harbaugh will atleast listen to Texas, and if they say hey here is a 5 year $50 million deal, he'll say Yee Ha and be on a plane to Austin and leave. If he does, hopefully he takes his whole staff except Fangio.

The money wasn't right. Had he won he could have negotiated a higher salary just as his brother probably did. His aim is to win and then cash in. Stop being so pessimistic bro. We will keep Jim for some time to come most likely.