LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Disp:
Why do you think they extended Roman this offseason? They obviously knew before the season started that Harbaugh was taking the Texas job, and now the plan is for Roman to be our new head coach for the next 1-2 decades. Thanks for the memories Harbro!

i want nothing more than to rip my face off and shoot flames out of my burning skull at you right now
Wow the football world, both NFL and college really seem to think this Texas job is the cats ass of all coaching jobs. Seems like their "short list" of candidates is a slap in the face to each one of the candidates and their current employers. Tomlin, and Harbaugh already have better jobs for two of the most successful franchises in football history. I can't believe Texas would even begin to think that their soon to be vacant head coaching position even compares let alone believing its better.

I'd like to point out that the BIG12 sucks balls as well and would be my number 1 reason for why I believe coach Harbaugh and any other successful NLF head coach would respectfully and happily decline. Ok, the BIG12 might not be that bad but come on its not the caviar of coaching hot spots by any means. Its not even the most coveted coaching job in that conference IMO. That would go to either of the Oklahoma schools. Maybe ten years ago Texas could pull something like this off, but today?
This is b******t, Harbaugh has said in interviews before he even joined the NFL that he wanted to raise a Lombardi trophy over his head. -He even tried to coach for the Jets, highly doubt Harbaugh would give everything up to go coach a stupid college.
plus texas is fat and stupid
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Mike T and Jim H, head coaches of franchises with a combined 11 super bowl are gonna leave for Texas?? LOL.

Also. considering our roster is super bowl ready and will be for a while my worry level is at 0. Much more concerned with beating Seattle in Seattle at this point.
Originally posted by cciowa:
speculation is different than fact people. no sense getting worked up about anything. if he stays he stays, if he goes, he goes and we survive with roman moving up the ladder

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
speculation is different than fact people. no sense getting worked up about anything. if he stays he stays, if he goes, he goes and we survive with roman moving up the ladder

Perfect response. Especially for a comment from cciowa.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I rather Incease Jims money, and send Roman packing, Roman barely has any exp as a Oc, at any level. If he gets a head coaching job in the nfl I'd eat your poo, for real i'll eat it. No way, maybe college but no way in hell dude can't even get a passing game going.
The article does bring up a good point though. Harbaugh is currently the third highest paid head coach in the NFC west. He deserves a raise and I think its just about time.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
From an article on PFT, a comment.

I think Harbaugh is in way over his head in the NFL arena. San Fran would be best served by moving on and going in a different direction from a HC standpoint, and I think Harbaugh makes a much better college coach anyhow. It's good for him and for the 49ers, and would be a nice pickup for a school like Texas in which he would surely command serious recruiting improvements.

And Tomlin, well I have don't have much to say there, I could really not care less about what's going on with him. As long as he doesn't come to the Lions or the Wolverines then I'm cool with it.

And I don't care for Harbaugh, but I would rather see him as the HC than Brady Hoke. I'll take my chances and the recruiting advantages, anything but Brady Hoke please. He's the worst HC this university has ever had.

Most likely a Cheatadderall fan posting.

Lmao Harbaugh over his head

33-11-1

2 division titles
3 playoff wins
1 conference championship
1 superbowl appearance

Originally posted by NinerG94:
Wow the football world, both NFL and college really seem to think this Texas job is the cats ass of all coaching jobs. Seems like their "short list" of candidates is a slap in the face to each one of the candidates and their current employers. Tomlin, and Harbaugh already have better jobs for two of the most successful franchises in football history. I can't believe Texas would even begin to think that their soon to be vacant head coaching position even compares let alone believing its better.

I'd like to point out that the BIG12 sucks balls as well and would be my number 1 reason for why I believe coach Harbaugh and any other successful NLF head coach would respectfully and happily decline. Ok, the BIG12 might not be that bad but come on its not the caviar of coaching hot spots by any means. Its not even the most coveted coaching job in that conference IMO. That would go to either of the Oklahoma schools. Maybe ten years ago Texas could pull something like this off, but today?

They're smoking crack up in Austin, clearly. 1 National Championship in the past 40 years and they're losing their minds. Why stop at Harbaugh and Tomlin? Why not add Bill Belichick and Sean Payton while they are at it as well?
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
The article does bring up a good point though. Harbaugh is currently the third highest paid head coach in the NFC west. He deserves a raise and I think its just about time.

Didn't the dolphins offer him like 7.5? I'm not against the raise he deserves it!
Harbaugh press conference on now, apparently Goldson visited the team a few weeks ago.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/page/csnbayareacom-live
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Didn't the dolphins offer him like 7.5? I'm not against the raise he deserves it!

he'll get the new contract and get new money

the organization values him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Harbaugh press conference on now, apparently Goldson visited the team a few weeks ago.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/page/csnbayareacom-live

yes goldson did. i find that funny lol. he got suspended and came "home" and was in our practice facility. i wonder how the bucs feel about that?
Share 49ersWebzone