LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 180 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by eonblue:
Seriously dredging up old threads to deflect blame from kaep with your ridiculous ponderings?

seriously following me around to post your disapproval of my opinions

and seriously ignoring the fact that i said it was 50/50 coaching and kap?

seriously?

bother someone else
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Nov 10, 2013 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
seriously following me around to post your disapproval of my opinions

and seriously ignoring the fact that i said it was 50/50 coaching and kap?

seriously?

bother someone else

Dude I didn't follow you. I clicked on the thread and read your post. No point in arguing tho.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM ]
I thought Harbaugh looked/sounded like a fool trying to argue that facemask penalty. Boy who cried wolf type of stuff there. I love it when he vehemently argues a call, but at least have your argument be somewhat legit, or else the refs will just disregard the noise.
GINIUES.........."QB HAS THE HOT HAND" VS NEVERMIND....................................................................
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 2cents:
let's face it Jim is a d!ck but he is OUR d!ck.

Wow. This reminds me of the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys. It's a good thing he's on our side.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Harbaugh is such a prick, lol.

i love that he pisses people off haha

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
harbaugh is a f**kin a*****e but hes all ours lol

All of these. lol
To be honest, I never really watched college football. Did Harbaugh call the offense plays there?

As I recall, his offenses had great rhythm with run-first based philosophies.
We have the weapons to have a great screen game, but VERY rarely (if ever) execute a good screen. Our passing plays are something I would play with my buddies at the park. Roman needs to stick to the run game and only pass when necessary.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Roman is calling plays in accordance with Harbaugh's offensive philosophy. Not sure if this is the solution, unless Harbaugh is better at calling the right plays in certain situations. But the overall scheme will not change.

This is another thing Im concerned with. Im not convinced that its only Greg Roman. Harbaugh im sure has a lot of say whats going on too and I dont like that his ego gets into the game plan.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
No thanks. I would prefer that the guy calling the plays actually has experience doing that job. Harbs has shown to be a good headcoach, he has never shown to be an offensive coordinator.

Roman is just calling the game according to Harbaugh's wishes and reflecting their lack of confidence in Kap. Who can blame them?? He has rarely executed a gameplan this season. So many draws and screen passes on 3rd down because Kap is more likely to turn the ball over than convert a 1st down. There is no way around it, Kap is playing awful this year. I still think he can be elite in the future because he has the physical skills to do it and as a fan I'm hoping that the mental part of the game will catch up to him and surpass his physical abilities... just like it did with Steve Young. Last year it seemed like he would reach that point by 2014... now it is looking like that might not happen until 2016 if it happens at all.

Kap is reminding me of the 2005-2007 Smith, Alex didn't even start playing good football until 2009 but it didn't really matter because he doesn't have the physical ability... plus his version of good football is just don't force bad passes, dump off often, and rely on your teammates.

Coaching isn't the problem... Kap's play is the problem. He is struggling and the offense, the 32nd ranked passing offense, reflects how poorly our QB is playing. I'd only argue that maybe Roman and Harbaugh have to face reality and start making things ridiculously simple for Kap... go Alex Smith on his butt and start calling short safe throws instead of these long passes. They seem to be in denial of how piss poor he is playing.

You're way off base here buddy, not sure if you've been watching the team for the full Harbaugh era closely enough.

Our offense is design to give Kaep only one receiving target, maybe two sometimes. Those targets are always Boldin or Vernon. If they are covered (which defense have clued in on) then he has no where to go. Combine that with woeful pass protection, WR's that are blocking or can't break off a decoy route and come back (because our play callers are telling them to run a route to a certain depth) and the end result is a QB looking for his one designated receiver who's double covered while running for his life because the pass protection sucks.
Don't matter, Kap will change it to a wrong play anyway!

• Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Don't matter, Kap will change it to a wrong play anyway!

I am not exaggerating when I say this but I think Roman/Chryst is so bad that the passing options that Kaep gets are basically:

1) Throw it to Boldin on an intermediate route
2) Throw it to Vernon on a deep route.

Literally every other receiving option is blocking or running a decoy route to clear for one of the above, and because they are blocking or running a decoy route they are not running with the philosophy to get themselves open. Thus Kaep has no other receiving options if Boldin or Davis are well covered.
[ Edited by Buchy on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:36 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
looking at the saints game last night...

Sean Payton calls his plays.

Its an art form, they always seem to have the right play dialed up and WRs running wide open
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
No thanks. I would prefer that the guy calling the plays actually has experience doing that job. Harbs has shown to be a good headcoach, he has never shown to be an offensive coordinator.

Roman is just calling the game according to Harbaugh's wishes and reflecting their lack of confidence in Kap. Who can blame them?? He has rarely executed a gameplan this season. So many draws and screen passes on 3rd down because Kap is more likely to turn the ball over than convert a 1st down. There is no way around it, Kap is playing awful this year. I still think he can be elite in the future because he has the physical skills to do it and as a fan I'm hoping that the mental part of the game will catch up to him and surpass his physical abilities... just like it did with Steve Young. Last year it seemed like he would reach that point by 2014... now it is looking like that might not happen until 2016 if it happens at all.

Kap is reminding me of the 2005-2007 Smith, Alex didn't even start playing good football until 2009 but it didn't really matter because he doesn't have the physical ability... plus his version of good football is just don't force bad passes, dump off often, and rely on your teammates.

Coaching isn't the problem... Kap's play is the problem. He is struggling and the offense, the 32nd ranked passing offense, reflects how poorly our QB is playing. I'd only argue that maybe Roman and Harbaugh have to face reality and start making things ridiculously simple for Kap... go Alex Smith on his butt and start calling short safe throws instead of these long passes. They seem to be in denial of how piss poor he is playing.

You're way off base here buddy, not sure if you've been watching the team for the full Harbaugh era closely enough.

Our offense is design to give Kaep only one receiving target, maybe two sometimes. Those targets are always Boldin or Vernon. If they are covered (which defense have clued in on) then he has no where to go. Combine that with woeful pass protection, WR's that are blocking or can't break off a decoy route and come back (because our play callers are telling them to run a route to a certain depth) and the end result is a QB looking for his one designated receiver who's double covered while running for his life because the pass protection sucks.
You missed catching balls that hit you in the fing hands. Everyone needs to hit the dam judges, Bowman included for that droped Int that resulted in a first down...
Not going for it on 4th and 1 on the panthers 2 yard line???? Where's the jumbo package? Even if you fail to get the first down, you pin the panthers as deep as you possibly can , and your defense was playing well.
Remember the Ravens swapped OC's in midseason, everyone in the NFL thought it was a bad move? Cam Cameron won them a super bowl, by "calling the right plays"! We need to do this...while we still have a winning record.
Share 49ersWebzone