LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lol.
Originally posted by cciowa:
if roman had the guts JH may have won a super bowl . of course that is based upon the fact the niners d would have been able to stop the ravens even if we would have scored. of course when you have first and goal at the 7 and your offensive coordinator chooses to play not to win,,,, ahh never god damn mind.

*sigh* .. Brah .... again? lol
First season, blame KW and ref for blown fumble call in NFCCG.

Second season, blame secondary and refs for several blown calls in SB.

Harbaugh turned this team around and even had the guts to replace AS with CK. He's hardly to blame, more like credit him on the success we've had because of him and the coaching staff he brought in.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Perhaps so. But he did it 2 years in a row IMO. And he did it previous to that in college. People forget how many times he blew great seasons losing to Oregon. The 6 - 28 start to the Super Bowl. It's like they weren't even prepared or ready. Just a horrible start to the most important game of their lives.

The man has a point, but like draft picks, I think you need to wait and see to determine if they are successful at this level or not. But so far I'd say he's off to as good as a start as any coach has. After the dark years, I'll cut him some slack.
Close this thread...
Same could've been said of Walsh before he won it all in his 3rd season. I mean, "what had Walsh really done in his coaching career up to that point," said many of the doubters and skeptics like SD??? Sure, people can have their doubts...but I would THINK that two seasons of back-to-back division titles, 2 NFC Championships appearances and one Super Bowl appearance AFTER TAKING OVER A TEAM THAT HADN'T SNIFFED THE PLAYOFFS IN A DECADE would inspire a little more confidence than that.

Most fans would think, "hey, we're clearly on the verge of something special here, with a young QB in place, great weapons around him, young talent all over the defense, tons of draft picks, free agents wanting to come here, a great coach, an excellent coaching staff and a brand new stadium on the way. Surely things are looking up for this franchise, right???"

But hey, it's a free country man, do and think what you want.
How dumb can a thread be anyway.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
How dumb can a thread be anyway.

This dumb.
SanDiego... you do realize you cant win every single game right? And he's won multiple big games, where is that even coming from... last I remember of him in college was a beatdown on Virginia Tech in a bowl game. His only playoff losses came by a combined 6 points... not blow-outs. He has put this team in perfect positions to win each game, the rest is up to the players.
free thread

This subject matter is eerily similar to your 'missed window' thread. Both threads IMO extremely premature.

Hmmmm.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Welcome to niner talk

No kidding. Un-fricking-believable!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
This subject matter is eerily similar to your 'missed window' thread. Both threads IMO extremely premature.

Hmmmm.

Some people just can't quite turn off the negative.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Hmmmm.
IBTL
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
He did beat win the national championship, did you forget who he beat for that... Second in his first season with a qb everyone thought blew he made the Nfc Championship, yeah it was jim's fault for calling a punt return and fumbling the ball twice, should have gone for the punt block lol. Second year with a second year qb who now has offically 10 starts he made it to the superbowl and was a touchdown away. Looks to me that he's getting the most out of his players, also he seems his teams improve every year, so if anything we win the superbowl next year.

The 49ers also trailed the Falcons early, and should not have won if not for a Falcons' meltdown.
Share 49ersWebzone