LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 143 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
I was already predicting that Harbaugh was going to calm down a little next season. He's always talking about getting better each day. No way he goes through an entire off season without a little self-reflection and thought about what he can do to help the team and increase his effectiveness on the sideline. He's a smart man and I'm sure he knows that letting his emotions get the better of him hasn't made him any friends with the refs. And does anyone around here think he doesn't know what happened in the Super Bowl. Even if you want to argue that the refs didn't decide the game, you certainly have to admit that overall, they weren't what you would call friendly to the Niners. And, no way he's going to jump out on the field and cost his team a penalty. He's a player. In fact, my prediction is that this new rule helps him calm down.
That's dumb
what if they need a timeout and the refs dont see them?

kinda like this one

why does the NFL hate the Niners. I just dont understand
at least 3 he can't help himself
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I was already predicting that Harbaugh was going to calm down a little next season. He's always talking about getting better each day. No way he goes through an entire off season without a little self-reflection and thought about what he can do to help the team and increase his effectiveness on the sideline. He's a smart man and I'm sure he knows that letting his emotions get the better of him hasn't made him any friends with the refs. And does anyone around here think he doesn't know what happened in the Super Bowl. Even if you want to argue that the refs didn't decide the game, you certainly have to admit that overall, they weren't what you would call friendly to the Niners. And, no way he's going to jump out on the field and cost his team a penalty. He's a player. In fact, my prediction is that this new rule helps him calm down.

Good positive out-look!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Goodell + the refs despise Harbaugh and it's as simple as that. He needs to try kissing a little ass instead of being a dick to them.

Strongly disagree. Lets leave the ref ass kissing to Pete Carrol. I want our coach to be himself at all times. Stay true to yourself. I know Jack Harbaugh agrees and so do the players! He's one of a kind and I would be a fan of his even if he was coaching another team. His press conferences alone make me a fan. Alot of Harbaugh's sideline antics are calculated as well. Make no mistake about it. Even when he's looks like he's losing control he's not. Ever wonder how he ALWAYS keeps his emotions in check with the players and his staff? If he was that emotional it would carry over into other parts of the game but it doesn't. He's always going to try and get that extra inch or take that chance if he thinks there's the slightest chance it could provide an advantage. Thats why he's a great coach. He's a winner and straight Aces in my book!

If you say so. I didn't mean it literally just maybe do a little less barking at them all game. It pisses them off and hurts the team as a result. I got nothing but love for Harbaugh but he needs to control himself or the refs will keep making him lose. Sorry but I cannot get behind anything that hurts the team.
How about addressing the deal with the home team running the clock adjustment; that mothaf**king job should be staffed by an NFL employee. And should have always been that way, but I dont think they'll change it, and I'll be pissed some more
Goodell + the refs despise Harbaugh and it's as simple as that. He needs to try kissing a little ass instead of being a dick to them.

f**k them. We own the f**king thing, ...whatever it is.

And we are the team that overcomes b******t against us
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Good positive out-look!
Thank you and why not? I think things are actually dropping into place very nicely for an epic 2013 season and this is just one more piece of the pie. Anything that helps Harbaugh calm himself down on the sideline I view as a positive step. And of course, so far in 2013, the Niners are undefeated!
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Oh yeah we totally overcame b******t against us. That is why we are superbowl champions right now right? We sure overcame a lot when we beat the Ravens. Impressive.

Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Oh yeah we totally overcame b******t against us. That is why we are superbowl champions right now right? We sure overcame a lot when we beat the Ravens. Impressive.

Im talking about all season with multiple seasons. We always getshafted when other teams get breaks against us. I remember when Frank Gore got penalized for face mask when he stiff-armed the guy. But theres many incidents that f**k us over and we still made it to the superbowl.

And Im not blaming the Superbowl loss on the refs f**king us over. We only came to play that game for two quarters and forgot that Frank Gore was on our team when the game was on the line.
I hope he does it every game, while on offense and that we score every time it happens.

Honestly, I think it will happen maybe 2 times and he will have staff following him around to keep him from doing it. He is just fired up and hates losing, I don't blame him.
i love the fact that our coach is such a beast that the nfl has to create rules to corral him. it is a big act to take the pressure off the players when the officials screw us with calls. guess the nfl dosnt want him causing a stink and barking up their tree. he generally has a point but i will say he was tapering down his bravado considerably after his heart opperation
  • dj43
Avoiding it will be hard for him. He is just not wired to be a more measured coach. Frankly, I believe Harbaugh will either flame out himself or will find his players beginning to ignore him and his rants. I don't know many coaches who can burn so white hot all the time and maintain their hold on the situation.

Personally, I believe JH has a lot of growth remaining if this team is to be successful year in and year out. His game management and in-game decision making is still rather suspect. Those failings are typical of coaches who are not able to control their emotions.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
get him a sideline cage

Share 49ersWebzone