Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by JayBee:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Only with Alex Smith are the stats on NFL.com not a good enough indicator of his play. We must look at "advanced stats" and consider how poor his entire team is. I'm done.

Stats, rats! The only stat that matters in the NFL is win/loss and in that category my friend he is hot garbage.

So is Vernon Davis...and Patrick Willis...by that same logic, let's trade those losers!!!

Better still...

Our offense was a run first team last year right? So the Running Back is the most important position...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Lol I guess Chris Johnson, Nnamdi Asamdsfkaa, Steven Jackson, Andre Johnson, MJD, Calvin Johnson, Cameron Wake, Arian Foster etc. are all hot garbage

QB is the most important position on the field.

You ever wonder why Elway gets praised for his 4th quarter comebacks? I mean, there were 10 other players on the field. Would you not say the coach or team should get praise for this stat? They don't. If the team loses and the QB did not play well, guess who gets the blame? The QB. Who was to blame for Pittsburgh losing this past SuperBowl? Pittsburgh.

I know it hurts, but the QB is and will always be the most important person on the field...he will get praised for winning and bashed for losing. Funny how people call QB's "winners"....."oh, he's a winner"....but they don't say the same for RB's, WR's, etc...

It's a team sport, but you have to be dumb as hell if you don't think the QB is far and away the most important player on the team and is more responsible than anyone else for the success of the team. QB is the heart of a team.

Find me a team that has won consistently with a poor QB. Yea, the Ravens won with Dilfer for one year, then struggled to find a starting QB for almost 10 years.

Alex is not the guy.

Well said man. These people act like QB isn't the most important position in ALL of sports. They probably have the same mentality as Sing.

I guess all you need to do is plug in any scrub at QB and put talent around him and you will go to the SuperBowl. I mean, all you need is good coaching, good OL play, and good recievers, right? I mean, it worked for the Cardinals right after Warner left and they put in Anderson, right? It worked for the Vikings this past year, right? The only reason favre had a drop-off in play was b/c of the people around him, not b/c he was too old or b/c he lost it. QB doesn't matter. Waste of a position. We should start using our punters and kickers as QBs so we could actually use that roster spot for a player who actually contributes.

Yea... Arizona and Minny are perfect examples of what poor QB'ing will do to your team.

I remember the Favre apologists last year. "His best receiver is Bernard Berrian". "The receivers are the reason why he stinks". Sound familiar? Well Percy Harvin came back, even got Randy Moss....and Favre was still throwing picks. Funny how crappy Randy looked the minute he had a poor QB or was phased out of the offense (NE). But people here still think the receiver makes the QB and not vice versa.

Yeah. I wonder whether anyone actually has stopped and pondered this: Maybe it's not our receivers making the QB look bad, but the other way around.

WOW! That actually makes a lot of sense and is a possible situation here in Ninerland.

You don't think it's funny that only Alex gets the "crappy receivers" excuse but JT O'Sullivan, Troy Smith and Shaun Hill...don't?

I think it's hilarious....and pathetic. But no, were the haters. We're the fans who have 'very little understanding of the game of football'
Only with Alex Smith are the stats on NFL.com not a good enough indicator of his play. We must look at "advanced stats" and consider how poor his entire team is. I'm done.

Stats, rats! The only stat that matters in the NFL is win/loss and in that category my friend he is hot garbage.

So is Vernon Davis...and Patrick Willis...by that same logic, let's trade those losers!!!

Better still...

Our offense was a run first team last year right? So the Running Back is the most important position...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Lol I guess Chris Johnson, Nnamdi Asamdsfkaa, Steven Jackson, Andre Johnson, MJD, Calvin Johnson, Cameron Wake, Arian Foster etc. are all hot garbage

You ever wonder why Elway gets praised for his 4th quarter comebacks? I mean, there were 10 other players on the field. Would you not say the coach or team should get praise for this stat? They don't. If the team loses and the QB did not play well, guess who gets the blame? The QB. Who was to blame for Pittsburgh losing this past SuperBowl? Pittsburgh.

I know it hurts, but the QB is and will always be the most important person on the field...he will get praised for winning and bashed for losing. Funny how people call QB's "winners"....."oh, he's a winner"....but they don't say the same for RB's, WR's, etc...

It's a team sport, but you have to be dumb as hell if you don't think the QB is far and away the most important player on the team and is more responsible than anyone else for the success of the team. QB is the heart of a team.

Find me a team that has won consistently with a poor QB. Yea, the Ravens won with Dilfer for one year, then struggled to find a starting QB for almost 10 years.

Alex is not the guy.

Well said man. These people act like QB isn't the most important position in ALL of sports. They probably have the same mentality as Sing.

I guess all you need to do is plug in any scrub at QB and put talent around him and you will go to the SuperBowl. I mean, all you need is good coaching, good OL play, and good recievers, right? I mean, it worked for the Cardinals right after Warner left and they put in Anderson, right? It worked for the Vikings this past year, right? The only reason favre had a drop-off in play was b/c of the people around him, not b/c he was too old or b/c he lost it. QB doesn't matter. Waste of a position. We should start using our punters and kickers as QBs so we could actually use that roster spot for a player who actually contributes.

Yea... Arizona and Minny are perfect examples of what poor QB'ing will do to your team.

I remember the Favre apologists last year. "His best receiver is Bernard Berrian". "The receivers are the reason why he stinks". Sound familiar? Well Percy Harvin came back, even got Randy Moss....and Favre was still throwing picks. Funny how crappy Randy looked the minute he had a poor QB or was phased out of the offense (NE). But people here still think the receiver makes the QB and not vice versa.

Yeah. I wonder whether anyone actually has stopped and pondered this: Maybe it's not our receivers making the QB look bad, but the other way around.

WOW! That actually makes a lot of sense and is a possible situation here in Ninerland.

You don't think it's funny that only Alex gets the "crappy receivers" excuse but JT O'Sullivan, Troy Smith and Shaun Hill...don't?

id hate to interrupt you r man love fest here

no one bashed hilll or sulliven and the excuse for crappy wr was 2005 and 2006 year when his best wr was antonio bryant and most consistant was arnaz battle

i agree this 2009 and 2010 season we have had decent to good wr target certainly not bad enough to warrant an "excuse"

also the thing isnt bad wr i the drops they make and i dont think ALL the blame can go on qb vernon davis and morgan seem to be doing fine crabtree has a problem of tipping wr to the opponent however part of the blame will fall on alex because he throws it a little fast (when i typed tht that sounds like a wr excuse)

amd good o line and good coaching go hand in hand with a great qb for every great qb you can name an all sar or a great coach and sing and nolan are hardly what you call a great coach and it had nothing to do with alex

nolan didnt have a clue about anything but defense he didnt know how to control the team how to command respect look at vernon davis the team was just out of control

sing was the opposite he had the respect of the team and knew how to discipline but knew nothing about x's and o's he was outcoached in almost all of the games

alex has his share of blame most of it probally is but you cant expect a young qb to succeed with a coach who doesnt know to teach and doesnt have an offensive gameplan
I said it, and none of the haters wanted to hear it...

Maiocco says it and they don't wanna read it.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/02/21/11/How-Smith-has-fared-in-49ers-QB-competit/landing_niners.html?full_args=02/21/11/How-Smith-has-fared-in-49ers-QB-competit/landing_niners&blockID=414844&feedID=5936

Not saying Alex is the solution, but you don't need to recreate history because you don't like the guy. There's a word for that....fiction.

I guess one can interpret this article from MM how they want. FWIW on KNBR with Ralph & Tom today MM said he DOES NOT expect Alex Smith to re-sign with the Niners.

http://www.knbr.com/portals/3/podcasts/razormrt/0222maiocco.mp3
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

no one bashed hilll or sulliven and the excuse for crappy wr was 2005 and 2006 year when his best wr was antonio bryant and most consistant was arnaz battle

i agree this 2009 and 2010 season we have had decent to good wr target certainly not bad enough to warrant an "excuse"

also the thing isnt bad wr i the drops they make and i dont think ALL the blame can go on qb vernon davis and morgan seem to be doing fine crabtree has a problem of tipping wr to the opponent however part of the blame will fall on alex because he throws it a little fast (when i typed tht that sounds like a wr excuse)

amd good o line and good coaching go hand in hand with a great qb for every great qb you can name an all sar or a great coach and sing and nolan are hardly what you call a great coach and it had nothing to do with alex

nolan didnt have a clue about anything but defense he didnt know how to control the team how to command respect look at vernon davis the team was just out of control

sing was the opposite he had the respect of the team and knew how to discipline but knew nothing about x's and o's he was outcoached in almost all of the games

alex has his share of blame most of it probally is but you cant expect a young qb to succeed with a coach who doesnt know to teach and doesnt have an offensive gameplan

All I read was blah blah Alexcuse, blah blah blah nolan, blah blah sing, blah blah coaching.

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

All I read was blah blah Alexcuse, blah blah blah nolan, blah blah sing, blah blah coaching.

ya thats all u would read

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

And that is why nobody with any intelligence respects your opinion. you can't even be un-biased enough to actually read someones post. You tool.
[ Edited by dtcomposer on Feb 22, 2011 at 7:33 PM ]

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

Why are you calling Antonio Bryant an awful receiver? He had 1000yards receiving in frigging Clevleand with Charlie Frye as his QB the year before and got 1400 yards the year after.

Brandon Lloyd wasn't an awful receiver either. Arnaz Battle was not a #1, I'll give you that...and there were some other bums. But lets not act like JT and Shaun had all world receivers.

Your whole great QB, great coach talk is bullcrap....

I was going to go into detail an list examples of how flawed your argument is but it's simply a waste of time since I've learned a long time ago, arguign with Alex stans is a waste of time.

LOL @ talking about Nolan and Sing...as if they were the reason why Alex was missing swing passes and slants.
[ Edited by JayBee on Feb 22, 2011 at 7:57 PM ]
Originally posted by dtcomposer:

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

And that is why nobody with any intelligence respects your opinion. you can't even be un-biased enough to actually read someones post. You tool.

Lol, you think I give a f**k whether you respect my opinion or not? Let me let you know right now. I don't. This is a f**king internet forum, and I come here to speak my mind on my favorite team. I could care less whether or not guys like you agree with what I say. And guess what? More than half this board agrees with what I have to say about Alex Smith. Good day to you sir. And I thin you're about to get a warning for a personal attack.

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

Why are you calling Antonio Bryant an awful receiver? He had 1000yards receiving in frigging Clevleand with Charlie Frye as his QB the year before and got 1400 yards the year after.

Brandon Lloyd wasn't an awful receiver either. Arnaz Battle was not a #1, I'll give you that...and there were some other bums. But lets not act like JT and Shaun had all world receivers.

I was going to go into detail an list examples of how flawed your argument is but it's simply a waste of time since I've learned a long time ago, arguign with Alex stans is a waste of time.

LOL @ talking about Nolan and Sing...as if they were the reason why Alex was missing swing passes and slants.

i didnt call him awful but he is no #1 wr he is a number 2 at best i think he had some 800 yards with us or something

and qb - coach thing is not bull crap

the best example is matt cassel

im sure u would call belichick a good coach
he had 21 td and 11 int as a patriot

his first year in kc he had a pretty mediocore coach in herm edwards he had 16 td to 16 int

then had a great offensive minded coach in haley and had 27 td to 7 int

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

i didnt call him awful but he is no #1 wr he is a number 2 at best i think he had some 800 yards with us or something

his first year in kc he had a pretty mediocore coach in herm edwards he had 16 td to 16 int

So a receiver that puts up 1400 yards in their career multiple times isn't a #1?

Now I've heard it all.

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

So a receiver that puts up 1400 yards in their career multiple times isn't a #1?

Now I've heard it all.

antonio bryant dude look up his stats

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

Now I've heard it all.

Yeah, I did. He had a 1000 yard season with TRENT DILFER. And another 1,200 season with the Bucs after he left us.

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

This is the straight up /thread money post.

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

This is the straight up /thread money post.

/Thread.

Better still...

Franky...you gotta go!!!

Alex is not the guy.

Now I've heard it all.

Yeah, I did. He had a 1000 yard season with TRENT DILFER. And another 1,200 season with the Bucs after he left us.

ok so 1000 and 1248 yards is 1400 yards in a 8 year career and u said he had 1400 yards multiple times? where did u go to school

his average yards per season is 707.42 yards

and just for a "fun fact" he had 733 yards with us
Share 49ersWebzone