There are 354 users in the forums

Tim Kawakami's interview with 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
hmmm....

I dont Smith has ever won a QB competition....^

He's lost to Rattay, JTO and Shaun Hill.

Damn 0-3

And the only times he did win was when there was no legitimate competition. Especially this year, when Sing didn't want to hurt Alex's feelings so he traded away Hill. I wish we had Hill today. He would of been a perfect WCO and stopgap QB for us.
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Method:
HARBAUGH WILL KEEP YOUR BOY ALEX SMITH!!1

It remains to be seen. If thats what he wants to do then fine, but I agree with what he says about making everybody earn their spots even the QB. So if he gives MY BOY a chance to compete along with other competent choices then so be it.

However I do believe that MY BOY wants to go somewhere else, because the fanbase dont like his kind around here.

You already hinted to an automatic death to Alex by mentioning the word competition. Lol

Depends on who they bring in... Remeber this is the same team that brought in Carr and Troy.. Because of fear of Alex would lose his starting job... Which happen any ways... If the competion was fair... He wouldn't have lasted 6 years!

Miaocco wrote a fairly comprehensive piece on Alex's starting job. Give it a read.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/02/21/11/How-Smith-has-fared-in-49ers-QB-competit/landing_niners.html?full_args=02/21/11/How-Smith-has-fared-in-49ers-QB-competit/landing_niners&blockID=414844&feedID=5936
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
hmmm....

Damn 0-3

JTO "beat" shaun hill too, and Smith didn't really lose to Hill in 09 because Hill kind of earned the starter spot with his play. Everytime Hill played, he played well and the team played well. There wasn't any real reason Smith should have started over Hill.

That said, Smith never did turn the proverbial corner we all wanted him to.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Apone:
Harbough will turn Smith into a Sith Lord. Looking forward to it.

Dont insult the Sith Lords.

Your arrogance blinds you
[ Edited by Apone on Feb 21, 2011 at 2:32 PM ]
hmmm....

Actually he beat all those guys out. He's the starter and they aren't around anymore.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
hmmm....

Actually he beat all those guys out. He's the starter and they aren't around anymore.

Starter only because of the financial investment the team made him, not because of his own merit.
The only legit QB competition Smith lost was in 2009 (which he eventually gained back).

Smith AND Hill were SHAFTED in 2008. I don't care if you hate/love Smith...that was easy to see. JTO knew Martz' offense and was therefore going to get it unless Smith or Hill were world beaters.

Rookie season is rookie season. Rattay should have started the entire season and Smith should have NEVER went in....although that's an entirely different discussion.

We should have started Hill in 08 and 09.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Since we're talking about it, any way we can get hill back? I'd love him back 100x more than keeping alex.

With hill you never saw the game changing last second hail mary, because of his noodle arm, but he was pretty accurate and could keep a drive going with small/quick passes, unlike alex who throws a pick at the worst possible time in a game.

I miss hill :(
hmmm....

They traded both Rattay and Hill so Smith ultimately beat both. Smith had a broken shoulder in his competition with JTO (who also failed with wizards Martz and Nolan).
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Feb 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by mike:
Since we're talking about it, any way we can get hill back? I'd love him back 100x more than keeping alex.

With hill you never saw the game changing last second hail mary, because of his noodle arm, but he was pretty accurate and could keep a drive going with small/quick passes, unlike alex who throws a pick at the worst possible time in a game.

I miss hill :(

Same here dude. Perfect WCO QB. And I know the haters are gonna say that he's a 'pie thrower' or has a 'noodle arm', but who gives a f**k? He could make all the throws that a QB has to make besides that hail mary pass. I'd rather have that than Alex, who supposedly has a strong arm, but is too p***y to use it.

Hill>>>>Smith IMO.

hmmm....

Starter only because of the financial investment the team made him, not because of his own merit.

We can only guess that the "investment" was the reason. Besides, Smith agreed to cut his salary and he still started.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
hmmm....

We can only guess that the "investment" was the reason. Besides, Smith agreed to cut his salary and he still started.

Yeah, after losing the comp to Hill.
hmmm....

He's better than those guys. He's still here. They are gone. And Harbaugh wants him back for more... Plus he took a pay cut too. So your financial investment argument doesn't hold water. Further his contract is now done. So why does Harbaugh want him back? The "financial investment" is done. But he wants him back for more.
hmmm....

He's better than those guys. He's still here. They are gone. And Harbaugh wants him back for more... Plus he took a pay cut too. So your financial investment argument doesn't hold water. Further his contract is now done. So why does Harbaugh want him back? The "financial investment" is done. But he wants him back for more.

I find it funny how you are the most negative person on this board and always find something to complain about regarding this team, but you still this loser Alex Smith.

And btw, Alex was better than JTO, but not Hill.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
hmmm....

I find it funny how you are the most negative person on this board and always find something to complain about regarding this team, but you still this loser Alex Smith. And btw, Alex was better than JTO, but not Hill.

I've seriously spent time pondering this....of course, being that he is from SD maybe there is a family tie or friendship connection....

P.S.. maybe that explains his bitterness towards the over all team.

Crap, posting this made me miss the O'Reilly Factor monologe.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 21, 2011 at 5:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone