LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Tim Kawakami's interview with 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Part 1: On Alex Smith, "this is a chance for us to write a new script"

Part 2: About two months removed, I haven't had buyers remorse"
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Good stuff in these two articles. I like stuff he is saying, he sounds like the exact opposite of Singletary. Of course Sing sounded good too in the begining but I really think that Harbaugh has more substance behind his words.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/02/17/jim-harbaugh-part-1-on-alex-smith-this-is-a-chance-for-us-to-write-a-new-script/

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/02/17/jim-harbaugh-part-2-on-picking-the-49ers-about-two-months-removed-i-havent-had-buyers-remorse/
HARBAUGH WILL KEEP YOUR BOY ALEX SMITH!!1
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Method:

It remains to be seen. If thats what he wants to do then fine, but I agree with what he says about making everybody earn their spots even the QB. So if he gives MY BOY a chance to compete along with other competent choices then so be it.

However I do believe that MY BOY wants to go somewhere else, because the fanbase dont like his kind around here.
lol love you sus
[ Edited by Method on Feb 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

It remains to be seen. If thats what he wants to do then fine, but I agree with what he says about making everybody earn their spots even the QB. So if he gives MY BOY a chance to compete along with other competent choices then so be it.

However I do believe that MY BOY wants to go somewhere else, because the fanbase dont like his kind around here.

I gatentee Harbaugh told him, "winning cures everything"
I trust Harbaugh.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol love you sus

Harbaugh quoting Rodney Dangerfield... God I love Harbaugh.
Hopefully it turns out well. I have faith in Harbaugh, he's a smart guy.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Hopefully it turns out well. I have faith in Harbaugh, he's a smart guy.

i think hes giving alex another chance because he knows as a qb what alex went through was an impossible situation and on tape he can see his mistakes and fix them

I think if he gives Smith a chance, it not only means that there was no better option available, but it also means Harbaugh thinks he can win with him.

I'm okay with that.
I like Harbaugh's tendency to understate things. The opposite of Singletary. He doesn't even want to describe how he and Roman call plays together. It's probably an ebb and flow dynamic and isn't meant to be put in stone. Fun read.
Appearntly Harbaugh not as smart as people say he is,because all those things he listed for a good QB... Alex has none of them!
Originally posted by susweel:

You already hinted to an automatic death to Alex by mentioning the word competition. Lol
Originally posted by fakers23:
Appearntly Harbaugh not as smart as people say he is,because all those things he listed for a good QB... Alex has none of them!

Wait dude... In this time of uncertainty with the CBA, Harbaugh can only work with what has until we find out otherwise. Given the limited options at the moment, keeping Alex Smith may be the best choice we have?
Share 49ersWebzone