There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What teams from the past few years do you guys think our O will compare to?

Alex Smith, run heavy offense, mulitiple tight end formations.

Does Harbaugh really sound any different than previous coordinators? I don't want to be the debbie downer because I love the Harbaugh hire but as of right now I don't see a big difference between our offense last year and this year.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Does Harbaugh really sound any different than previous coordinators? I don't want to be the debbie downer because I love the Harbaugh hire but as of right now I don't see a big difference between our offense last year and this year.

I've been saying the same thing about his system for awhile. Anyone can run any system, but the only thing that matters is how you run it. I am optimistic about this year. Maybe because I can either be optimistic or pessimistic. As a fan I'm obviously going to go with the latter.
I would suspect that Harbaugh's offense will be more interesting than the past five-six years no matter who the QB is. The team will definately not look like the Singletary/Raye run up the middle until it's 3rd and long...then throw a short pass as the QB is getting killed.

Really want to see the line movement! Can the 9ers OLine learn to pull, cross block, whatever else he has them do? Snyder might have to play (experience), but maybe Rachal will be more effective in an active line.
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:

I've been saying the same thing about his system for awhile. Anyone can run any system, but the only thing that matters is how you run it. I am optimistic about this year. Maybe because I can either be optimistic or pessimistic. As a fan I'm obviously going to go with the latter.

Pretty much. Just look at Kansas City last year under Weis. One of Sing's biggest problems was he wanted smash mouth team but he never diversified the rushing atttack. Running the ball up the gut every play just isn't going to cut it.
2010 49ers....
08' Patriots

Pretty much. Just look at Kansas City last year under Weis. One of Sing's biggest problems was he wanted smash mouth team but he never diversified the rushing atttack. Running the ball up the gut every play just isn't going to cut it.

Go and watch a couple of Stanford plays on youtube. They have a couple of videos with every offensive play in a game.

Sure, Harbaugh runs the ball a lot, but he knows when to run and how to throw the defense off. In the Orange Bowl, they ran a ton in the 1st half. Then, in the 2nd, they used those same formations and were able to pass out of, playaction, trick plays, misdirection, you name it.

He's a f**king genius if you look at his offensive scheme.
89 Niners...
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Go and watch a couple of Stanford plays on youtube. They have a couple of videos with every offensive play in a game.

Sure, Harbaugh runs the ball a lot, but he knows when to run and how to throw the defense off. In the Orange Bowl, they ran a ton in the 1st half. Then, in the 2nd, they used those same formations and were able to pass out of, playaction, trick plays, misdirection, you name it.

So he's not a genius if I don't look?
Originally posted by pantstickle:

So he's not a genius if I don't look?

Yes.

we won't know until they hit the field, but harbaugh has shown creative formations with shifting and getting matchups he wants. We didn't do that last year. He will also likely have us prepared with a gameplan and in game adjustments. That right there is more than an improvement from last year.
2000 ravens
2007 Patriots!

Uses down right trickery! What a wonderful change of pace! And I'll be sure to keep my eyes wide open!