LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Alex Smith the starter next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
can someone please lock this god damn thread! there is an official Alex Smith thread. Why the f**k can't we just talk about Alex Smith in the Alex Smith official thread? He's a UFA and Harbaugh is just keeping his options open. We've been discussing this a month IN THE ALEX SMITH OFFICIAL THREAD!

In case you haven't noticed I'm sick of the Alex Smith continued takeover of the webzone. MOVE ON!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
can someone please lock this god damn thread! there is an official Alex Smith thread. Why the f**k can't we just talk about Alex Smith in the Alex Smith official thread? He's a UFA and Harbaugh is just keeping his options open. We've been discussing this a month IN THE ALEX SMITH OFFICIAL THREAD!

In case you haven't noticed I'm sick of the Alex Smith continued takeover of the webzone. MOVE ON!

If memory serves....that got locked as well...
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Im getting sick and tired of Harbaugh kissing Alex's ass everyday in the media. I dont understand what the hell they are doing here. Everybody and their momma knows that Alex needs to GTFO of SF and even he knows it. Harbaugh needs to shut the f**k up and try to look at other options.

I really wanted the niners to get Harbaugh but now Im already starting to wonder if was the right choice. Please dont screw up like the previous two coaches by depending on Alex to be your Huckleberry because he simply cant do it.

Stop this madness or you will suffer the same fate as your predecessors.

I had high hopes when Dingleberry was fired,but no more... I expect a 4-12 record in 2011... I"m sorry,but Alex is no answer to our QB problems... He's the problem! This franchise refuses to learn from it's mistakes! You don't give a bust at QB a 7th year!

no one said he would be the starter if he is brought back

This. In fact, Harb. expressly stated that he wants a competition.

Just from an Alex standpoint why would you want to come back if your not the starter ???

Who in thier right mind would make him a starter is my question... I hear peeps throw at teams,but do you honestly think teams like the Cards will want Alex as thier starter with his record... If he goes to any other team... He will have to earn a job... Only in SF is he given the keys to the car so to speak..
Im getting sick and tired of Harbaugh kissing Alex's ass everyday in the media. I dont understand what the hell they are doing here. Everybody and their momma knows that Alex needs to GTFO of SF and even he knows it. Harbaugh needs to shut the f**k up and try to look at other options.

I really wanted the niners to get Harbaugh but now Im already starting to wonder if was the right choice. Please dont screw up like the previous two coaches by depending on Alex to be your Huckleberry because he simply cant do it.

I had high hopes when Dingleberry was fired,but no more... I expect a 4-12 record in 2011... I"m sorry,but Alex is no answer to our QB problems... He's the problem! This franchise refuses to learn from it's mistakes! You don't give a bust at QB a 7th year!

Just from an Alex standpoint why would you want to come back if your not the starter ???

Who in thier right mind would make him a starter is my question... I hear peeps throw at teams,but do you honestly think teams like the Cards will want Alex as thier starter with his record... If he goes to any other team... He will have to earn a job... Only in SF is he given the keys to the car so to speak..

When did Harbaugh indicate that he would hand Alex the keys?

i jus cant see him going 4-2, or 5-1 or even 3-2.. i CANN see him struggling in the pocket...fumbuling and turning the ball over...and ohh yeah..i see him getting sacked a lot..so i think we shud get somebody else..if harbaugh can make alex smith good..he can make jake locker the next steve young.. so les settle for sumin else...not kolbbbbb...i dnt even wanna see kolb in a niner jersey..id like mcnabb or locker.. id loveeee palmer
Coach just making sure that all options on the table are available to him. Including Smith. JH has said enough good things about Smith publicly for Smith to realize he still has a shot in SF. If Smith leaves its because he wants to leave and not because the staff or players didnt want him in SF.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Coach just making sure that all options on the table are available to him. Including Smith. JH has said enough good things about Smith publicly for Smith to realize he still has a shot in SF. If Smith leaves its because he wants to leave and not because the staff or players didnt want him in SF.

Saying "good" things about Alex is not my problem. My problem is saying things about Alex that even a blind person can see is completely wrong.
Anybody who believes this crap has not watched the NFL for more than 10-20 years (max).

The moment the CBA returns (if and when it does) there's a good chance Kevin Kolb could be our starter in September, or Alex Smith starting the season, and being benched for Greg McElroy/Pat Devlin by October.

If Alex Smith stays he's gonna be Steve DeBerg 2.0.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Feb 16, 2011 at 3:03 PM ]
alex smith will take us to the superbowl!!!..go niners!

When did Harbaugh indicate that he would hand Alex the keys?

This. He has said the opposite.

And Sus - I have NO idea. I think he and the Niners need a divorce.

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Saying "good" things about Alex is not my problem. My problem is saying things about Alex that even a blind person can see is completely wrong.

Mike Martz appeared on the NFL network not once but twice talking about Alex's accuracy and ability to throw from an unstable position, Norv Turner always had great things to say about Alex including "he throws one of the best deep balls I've ever seen." As well as Jimmy Raye said, "there was a stretch last year where he was throwing the ball as well as anybody I've seen."

But I guess 3 nfl coaches with a combined nfl experience of almost a hundred years can't see as well as a blind person....
Originally posted by jonnydellfan:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Mike Martz appeared on the NFL network not once but twice talking about Alex's accuracy and ability to throw from an unstable position, Norv Turner always had great things to say about Alex including "he throws one of the best deep balls I've ever seen." As well as Jimmy Raye said, "there was a stretch last year where he was throwing the ball as well as anybody I've seen."

But I guess 3 nfl coaches with a combined nfl experience of almost a hundred years can't see as well as a blind person....

*Sign* There's this thing in America that we call being politically correct.

Seriously, you think Alex Smith throws a great deep ball? You really think whatever Raye said was true? Come on man. These guys all worked with Alex and since Alex is a good guy and not a douche, they will respect him and be PC. Just think about it for a second: You really think that just because Norv Turner or whoever says that Alex is one of the better QBs in the league, he really is? You honestly don't think that they're just being politically correct?

Nolan and Singletary created their own fates irrespective of the QB. They were bad NFL head coaches, plain and simple.
I can't wait till he re-signs! I am one of the few people who have faith in Alex, plus the addition of Harbaugh and Co. Give him a one year deal and let him shine. This place will explode when he does re-sign and I will love it!
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
I can't wait till he re-signs! I am one of the few people who have faith in Alex, plus the addition of Harbaugh and Co. Give him a one year deal and let him shine. This place will explode when he does re-sign and I will love it!

Umm, yeah, you'll see that happen when tiny monkeys fly out of my gigantic behind.

There's no way that Harbaugh keeps Coach Killer around. He'll want to develop his own guy -- not take on somebody's sloppy seconds.

This is all about "messaging" my friends -- and it appears that Harbaugh is very good at it. Where NoWin and Dingleberry didn't have a clue about messaging, Harbaugh obviously does, and he's making great use of those talents.
Share 49ersWebzone