There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith the starter next year?

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have just created the

3997345267478852978651827843337403048715289507954737842637th

Alex Smith Thread.
Originally posted by tn9er:
Or maybe Harbaugh watch the film and realizes that the previous coaching staff sucked so bad that EVERY player deserved a fresh start and needs to be reavaluated...
I can only see Smith and Harbaugh together if the CBA doesn't fall through and we really have no other option.

I believe that we have a good situation where a rookie QB could come in and be effective. But with the lack of top tier QB talent in the draft and the fact that the rookie may not be getting onto the field until well into the traditional season, it's going to be hard to see a rookie QB come in and succeed immediately.

I don't know if A. Smith is the best veteran QB on the market. I would personally prefer someone like Johnson from the Bucs but I guess in Harbaugh's judgment we trust.

-9fA
given everything that is happening, it looks to be more likely than not that Alex will be back next year. Gonna be a weird year.
For those of you who want Alex back. You better hope Harbaugh doesn't fail with his geek to sheek transformation of him. Things could get really ugly. If Harbaugh ends up being a Nick Saban...I don't know what will happen to this franchise.

With all that said, if Harbs can fix all of Alex's issues...then I'll be pleased. I don't see it happening but if Harbaugh thinks he can "fix" Alex then I'd love to see it.

Harbs is either an egotistical douche or a genius.
I dont think anyone including Harbaugh WANT Smith back. However given the very real possibility of no free agency and no ability to trade they have to do something. You cant put all your eggs in one basket by doing a draft and pray. So you let Alex know the door is open to stay and hope that you can fix him...if you cant then then you throw your shiney new rook into the fire and see if he has what it takes.
Originally posted by JayBee:
For those of you who want Alex back. You better hope Harbaugh doesn't fail with his geek to sheek transformation of him. Things could get really ugly. If Harbaugh ends up being a Nick Saban...I don't know what will happen to this franchise.

With all that said, if Harbs can fix all of Alex's issues...then I'll be pleased. I don't see it happening but if Harbaugh thinks he can "fix" Alex then I'd love to see it.

Harbs is either an egotistical douche or a genius.

i dont think he seems this as fame of turning a horrible failure of a qb into a good one

isnt it possible i ean with all the first hand experiance and gametape he has he acually sees something in alex?
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I dont think anyone including Harbaugh WANT Smith back. However given the very real possibility of no free agency and no ability to trade they have to do something. You cant put all your eggs in one basket by doing a draft and pray. So you let Alex know the door is open to stay and hope that you can fix him...if you cant then then you throw your shiney new rook into the fire and see if he has what it takes.

i think he does if he didnt he would say what baalke is saying rather than praise him he doesnt have to say anything at all
Alex is like a crazy girlfriend that I once had. The b***h was crazy I had one hell of a time getting rid or her.
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex is like a crazy girlfriend that I once had. The b***h was crazy I had one hell of a time getting rid or her.

So what you're saying is that Alex Smith is good in bed?

-9fA
No matter how much most of the people on the zone don't like it, Alex Smith will probably be our starting quarterback next year.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by JayBee:
For those of you who want Alex back. You better hope Harbaugh doesn't fail with his geek to sheek transformation of him. Things could get really ugly. If Harbaugh ends up being a Nick Saban...I don't know what will happen to this franchise.

With all that said, if Harbs can fix all of Alex's issues...then I'll be pleased. I don't see it happening but if Harbaugh thinks he can "fix" Alex then I'd love to see it.

Harbs is either an egotistical douche or a genius.

i dont think he seems this as fame of turning a horrible failure of a qb into a good one

isnt it possible i ean with all the first hand experiance and gametape he has he acually sees something in alex?

Of course there's something there, he's a #1 pick. Alex hasn't been able to put it all together consistently...I'm sure Harbaugh would agree with that. If Harbaugh thinks he can fix him then let him try. We'll see how that works out. Lock Alex up for 3 years and we'll see where we're at 3 years from now. Either the Alexcusers will go into hiding or they will be screaming "told you so" from the mountain tops.

I hope for everyone's sake that Harbaugh isn't the type of guy who thinks he can fix anyone.

Would we all be happy if Harbaugh said he could turn Ginn into a #1 receiver and not upgrade the position? What if he said the men he brought in can fix Nate and Terrell Brown and not upgrade the corner position?

Just saying, hope he's right.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex is like a crazy girlfriend that I once had. The b***h was crazy I had one hell of a time getting rid or her.

So what you're saying is that Alex Smith is good in bed?

-9fA

I doubt it, small hands remember.
It would be pretty gay if that happened.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
It would be pretty gay if that happened.

expect gayness