LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh digs up Bill Walsh tapes as teaching tool

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The boys will be looking forward to 'light' training sessions. Because we all know they can tackle. lol.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Is it just me or are people missing the most important point?

It's not what Bill Walsh taught.

It's how he taught it.
Since there is no evidence that the tapes were ever used, it is hard to find suspects.

My first thought was the Yorks and Singletary, both wanting all traces of the past erased.

You could see Singletary watching one of them and yelling at the screen about wtf is all this fancy stuff. Far too complicated, just knock them over and run. Still, he might have called up Raye and asked him for plays that ran both off center and off guard, to mix it up more.
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The WCO has come a long way since those tapes were created. The principles are still there but I hope Harbaugh has planned to update and add some spread elements. The game has changed and I'm hoping for innovation.

if anybody can innovate it's harbaugh.. loved the article on how he was noticing league "trends" and how certain plays were done through this week to that week.

Plus i love how he shuffles around the players and understands the advantage of being unpredictable..
Yeah what did the spread get josh daniels?
Originally posted by Wodwo:

It's how he taught it.

Jimmy Raye Offense = Flash Cards

Bill Walsh's Offense = War and Peace
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Bill Walsh's Offense = War and Peace

So you are saying both offenses will put you to sleep. Have you tried to read War and Peace...that thing is sleep inducing. Should come with a Disclaimer and a Warning.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Bill Walsh's Offense = Homer's Oddesy

So you are saying both offenses will put you to sleep. Have you tried to read War and Peace...that thing is sleep inducing. Should come with a Disclaimer and a Warning.

Better?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Bill Walsh's Offense = Homer's Oddesy

Better?

Mythological heroes, big monsters and beasts, with a sexual under tone. OK, I'll take that one.
Originally posted by rudedog:
Singletary never did find the rat and I'll bet the rat took the tapes!

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

It's how he taught it.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That's stupid. He doesn't need to have Bill Walsh tapes. He just needs to be his own person. Guys will respect him more if they believe in him.

This guy can't even appreciate a good thing.
Question, how much would you pay to be apart of these pizza nights Roman is talking about here? I think I'd be willing to pony up $500-$1,000 to sit and watch Walsh tapes with the new 9ers staff especially if Harbaugh was there. Oh to be a fly on the wall, this f**king CBA needs to get done I'm to juiced for next season!!!!!!!!

The 49ers are in the process of finding all the old Bill Walsh tapes showing him install the West Coast offense, but the coaches have seen nothing yet.

"I went to Home Depot last night and I got an axe and a pick and I'm ready to dig for them," Roman said. But, yes; we are on the trail. We're going to probably get some pizzas one night as an offensive staff and just start rolling through them."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=83245#ixzz1EFQh0qNW
So it was Seifert who raided our film vault? . . . . WTF?

Quote:
49ers O.C. Greg Roman is eager to watch Bill Walsh installation film again after first seeing them when he coached under Seifert w/Panthers.

http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/38031331510198272
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
So it was Seifert who raided our film vault? . . . . WTF?

Quote:
49ers O.C. Greg Roman is eager to watch Bill Walsh installation film again after first seeing them when he coached under Seifert w/Panthers.

http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/38031331510198272

This makes a lot of sense. Seifert was with his first team outside of the 49ers. He needed all the help he can get to bring Carolina back to respectable.

Seifert: 'Jim, can you get me off the hook? You know, for old times sake?'
Harbaugh: [shakes his head] 'Can't do it, George.'
Share 49ersWebzone