LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh digs up Bill Walsh tapes as teaching tool

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/11/jim-harbaugh-digs-up-bill-walsh-tapes-as-teaching-tool/

The more I read about Jim Harbaugh the more I think this team has made the best football decision it has made in the last 10-20 years.

A subtlety that I love about this is the fact that Harbaugh is ALREADY showing that he is more open minded and versitale than Nolan and Singletary ever were.

They were both stuck so far in their ways it ended up dooming them (Nolan did hire Martz but that was out of desperation and IMO he had already lost the team was only matter of time until he lost his job as HC)

Be more physical, hit them in the mouth, out work them, play bend don't break D and running Gore up the middle all the time and sticking to it no matter how bad we are as our awful philosopy is out!

f**k yeah Harbaugh is digging up Walsh's tapes! I really hope he gets our QBs to watch Montana/Young and our WRs to watch Rice/Taylor.

I still can't believe it THE WCO IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by matt49er on Feb 11, 2011 at 09:56:14 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TomBrady:
f**k Joe Montana
Holmgren took tjhe tapes to GB.
one very small issue here...... WE HAVE NO QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by TomBrady:
f**k Joe Montana

ahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
taping the action of digging up a dead body can get you in some serious trouble, Jim. not to mention it getting this kind of national exposure. i'm sure Bill's family is not very happy about Harbaugh digging up Bill's body.
Originally posted by boast:
taping the action of digging up a dead body can get you in some serious trouble, Jim. not to mention it getting this kind of national exposure. i'm sure Bill's family is not very happy about Harbaugh digging up Bill's body.

Originally posted by boast:

There isn't a comma in there, but if there was...
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The WCO has come a long way since those tapes were created. The principles are still there but I hope Harbaugh has planned to update and add some spread elements. The game has changed and I'm hoping for innovation.

you aren't the first one who has mentioned this. i don't think he's that retarded.
This part really REALLY pissed me off!!!

Quote:
The 49ers — always ahead of their time — taped everything. Unfortunately for Harbaugh, the library of videos at the team facility has been decimated by coaches that took videos and never returned them.

Who do we have to kill?!?!?!?!?!

Obviously not the Suit or the Cross

Its gotta be that ba$tard McCarthy
I really do think someone needs to answer for this.

With PAIN
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Quote:
The 49ers — always ahead of their time — taped everything. Unfortunately for Harbaugh, the library of videos at the team facility has been decimated by coaches that took videos and never returned them.

Are you not aware of who has run the 49ers during the last decade?
I'd be willing to bet that Mooch, Greg Knapp, McCarthy all had a part in taking some of those tapes. None of the other coaches we have had would use them like those three guys
Originally posted by endcapitalism:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Quote:

Are you not aware of who has run the 49ers during the last decade?

It could've been any number of offensive coaches, QB coaches, WR coaches, Coordinators, etc. You make it sound like it's just one person who could've taken them. Please, enlighten us.
Share 49ersWebzone